• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TAV Keyblades: Keychainless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey

I've been wondering about this for quite some time...

Sorry if a thread like this has been made already, or if it's been explained already...but what significance could there be to Terra's, Aqua's, Ven's, and DS's Keyblades having no Keychains?

My theory is as follows:

As a Keyblade apprentice, you don't have the experience to wield a Keyblade in it's true form. Instead, you use a different form of a Keyblade, perhaps powered-down (or possibly fake) version of the true Keyblade.

I came up with this for a few reasons:
-The Two Across Keyblade, gained after defeating Roxas in KH2FM+, and used in Days by Roxas himself, bears a resemblance to Ven's Keyblade, most noticeably in the teeth of the Key.

-Excluding Mickey as an apprentice (see below), Master Xehanort is the only one seen with a Keychained Keyblade.

-When Mickey, as an apprentice, tried using the Star Seeker, he was shown to have fumbled and had to re-summon the Star Seeker. We've seen Sora fumble in the past, and yet he never lost his Keyblade. Why did this happen to Mickey?

As far as explaining Sora, Riku, and Kairi...it's possible that the three of them had such strong hearts that they could wield Keyblades at such young ages with ease.

Sora's connection with Ven may also explain why Sora was able to use the Kingdom Key straightaway. And who knows? Maybe Terra handpicked Sora and Riku to be Keyblade wielders that day when Terra was on the beach. Sora and Riku were both confirmed to be able to wield the Keyblade in KH1.

Feel free to mercilessly tear this theory apart, as I realize that a lot of this speculation is based on more speculation...just throwing ideas out there. :)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
but what significance could there be to Terra's, Aqua's, Ven's, and DS's Keyblades having no Keychains?

Their title of apprentice, as opposed to SRM being deemed initially Masters, to Wielders, seems to be the main element in play here.

As a Keyblade apprentice, you don't have the experience to wield a Keyblade in it's true form. Instead, you use a different form of a Keyblade, perhaps powered-down (or possibly fake) version of the true Keyblade.

This is supported by the fact that the Soul Eater, no doubt utilizing Riku's innate Wielding abilities, also has a hole for a Keychain, and eventually truly did become the WtD. However, unlike the Soul Eater, TAV's weapons already look like Keys, so there might be something behind it that sinks your claim.

-The Two Across Keyblade, gained after defeating Roxas in KH2FM+, and used in Days by Roxas himself, bears a resemblance to Ven's Keyblade, most noticeably in the teeth of the Key.

The Jungle King has that too, and I'm sure we could find various other Keyblades like that if we only look for it. Speaking of specific Keyblades, Ven's Keyblade looks like an odd mix of the Jungle King (second blade half) and Olympia (handle, base). So while I wouldn't write this off so quickly, I don't see it as so based either.

-Excluding Mickey as an apprentice (see below), Master Xehanort is the only one seen with a Keychained Keyblade.

Mickey was Yen Sid's apprentice, period. Him having a Keyblade while being someone's apprentice doesn't have to be related.

-When Mickey, as an apprentice, tried using the Star Seeker, he was shown to have fumbled and had to re-summon the Star Seeker. We've seen Sora fumble in the past, and yet he never lost his Keyblade. Why did this happen to Mickey?

His Heart could've been weaker. The circumstances could've been harsher. And of course, we have so many things that could mess this up, ranging from either Mickey speaking to Sora and guiding him (possible voice during his Destati), to the Ven factor altogether (Sora'd have a much easier time wielding if he has a part of Ven in him).

As far as explaining Sora, Riku, and Kairi...it's possible that the three of them had such strong hearts that they could wield Keyblades at such young ages with ease.

Only Kairi used the Keyblade Riku materialized via Duel Wielding. Kairi at this point in time lacks a Keyblade to call her own.

Sora's connection with Ven may also explain why Sora was able to use the Kingdom Key straightaway. And who knows? Maybe Terra handpicked Sora and Riku to be Keyblade wielders that day when Terra was on the beach. Sora and Riku were both confirmed to be able to wield the Keyblade in KH1.

It was confirmed Terra did not choose Sora. Sora getting the KK was rather an accident, in fact. Terra chose Riku for it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To be precise, it's not so much that it chose him as much as he physically reached out to it. The flash of Light we see in KH1 right before Riku disappears on the Islands is actually the Light in Riku's Heart Sora's reaching for. That's where the Keyblade is, and that's when Sora got it.
Riku snatched it twice during the game. It didn't really choose Sora until the first fight with Riku.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Has it been confirmed that TAV are in fact wielding keyblades and apprenticing to be Keyblade wielders?

Zeagal

Lick It Good
So for all we know they could be completely separate from the wielders right? Though it isn't likely since it looks like they are studying to become wielders and are currently using keyblade weapons maybe...in the secret ending to KH2 they had the Ansem report 10 and the "I must find out what a keyblade is" or something similar. Could that be a hint that they aren't wielding keyblades?
Edit: I know it's not canon.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Rain pretty much took care of this theory.

But
Grey said:
what significance could there be to Terra's, Aqua's, Ven's, and DS's Keyblades having no Keychains?
The DS has a keychain and he's an apprentice of MX. So you dont necessary have to have a keychain to be master.

Edit:
So for all we know they could be completely separate from the wielders right? Though it isn't likely since it looks like they are studying to become wielders and are currently using keyblade weapons maybe...in the secret ending to KH2 they had the Ansem report 10 and the "I must find out what a keyblade is" or something similar. Could that be a hint that they aren't wielding keyblades?
Could possibly hint where or what the keyblade was used for.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Edit: I know it's not canon.

It's a concept that'll hold, seeing how Keyblade are mentioned in abundance in the BBS trailers. If they're not some form of Wielders now, they're certainly working towards it.

But
The DS has a keychain and he's an apprentice of MX. So you dont necessary have to have a keychain to be master.

Or just because you have a Master (like Mickey and DS), doesn't mean you can't be a Keyblade "Master". You can study under someone while being a Master of an art. With the Keyblade being so dependent on inner things like strength of heart, I fail to see why having a Master would matter. You can be weak without a Master (Riku eventually losing the Keyblade to Sora, and having to stick with the Soul Eater until he was strong enough for the WtD), or strong with a Master (DS, Mickey with their Keychains). The two aren't necessarily related.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Could mickey also not even be training to be a wielder under Yen Sid since he doesn't wield so far as we know?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Could mickey also not even be training to be a wielder under Yen Sid since he doesn't wield so far as we know?

That's about what I was getting at. Wielding is unrelated to being someone's apprentice, especially if the apprentice has an effin Keychain, while the 'official' Keyblade apprentices lack them.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
In sum, Keychains don't matter right?
Are the KK, IKK, and WtD the only keyblades possible? In the secret ending, again not canon, TAV had their keyblade weapons before they picked up the three keyblades, could that hint at theirs being a separate matter?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
In sum, Keychains don't matter right?

Depends on what you're looking at. To be someone's apprentice, it doesn't matter whether you have a Keychain or not. Mickey and DS have Keychains while being someone's apprentice. TAV lack them.
Then we have Sora and Riku who also, had and lacked Keychains, without anyone being their Master. It depends on what you're dealing with.
In regards to the Keyblade - it means the world.
In regards to having a Master - it means nothing.

Are the KK, IKK, and WtD the only keyblades possible? In the secret ending, again not canon, TAV had their keyblade weapons before they picked up the three keyblades, could that hint at theirs being a separate matter?

MX and DS have their own Keyblades, you forget there.
Nomura also stated there are as many Keyblades as there are qualified Hearts. I doubt they're all variations of the KK/IKK and WtD.
In fact, inside those three examples is proof to there being many keyblades. The IKK and KK look alike because they're related. However, the WtD is separate from them and is based on Riku's own personal history. You already have a lack of consistency, which no doubt reflects on the rest.

SoraXVen

Rain pretty much took care of this theory.

But

Edit:

Could possibly hint where or what the keyblade was used for.

I think that Namora confirmed in an interview that the game will explain the need for keyblades, the weilders and masters. Personaly I think it's going to play into the quote from coded "we must return to free them from their torment" meaning the keyblade masters.

stinknus

First off I would assume that there are no fake keyblades, the keyblade chooses its master, keychains are like hearts it takes on many forms

zillagod

Well, could it be possible that TAV's weapons aren't technically considered keyblades at all? Maybe they are just weapons from their heart similar to ragnarok for Riku? I mean they have the appearance of keys, yet they lack keychains like any other wielder's we have seen to this point. Maybe that is why they are apprentices, because of the fact that they have incredible potential because they have weapons produced by their hearts, yet to fully attain a keyblade they have to do something special?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
First off I would assume that there are no fake keyblades

Xion's Keyblade being said to be fake by Riku aside (since we don't know whether or not he was right though it does raise the probability), we already ran into a fake Keyblade.
The Heart Unlocker which Sora used to turn himself into a Heartless is artificial. It is a Keyblade, yet it is not a proper one.

the keyblade chooses its master

And yet Sora went through the vast majority of KH1 wielding Riku's Keyblade, so what gives?

keychains are like hearts

Yeah what do you mean by that? XD;

Well, could it be possible that TAV's weapons aren't technically considered keyblades at all? Maybe they are just weapons from their heart similar to ragnarok for Riku?

...Ragnarok? You certainly mean the Soul Eater.

I mean they have the appearance of keys, yet they lack keychains like any other wielder's we have seen to this point.

Riku's Soul Eater didn't look like a Key. So if you wanna bring in the fact they look like Keyblades, it's not helping either way, and could in fact imply to their fakeness, because they were trying to blur the differences.

Maybe that is why they are apprentices, because of the fact that they have incredible potential because they have weapons produced by their hearts, yet to fully attain a keyblade they have to do something special?

Have a strong enough Heart, it would seem at the moment. It ties in with Nomura describing what a Master is supposed to teach his apprentices as "the Master's spirit" instead of techniques or the likes. He's teaching them inner strength, in a way.

Well, This is just my thoughts, so no need to tell me anything:

You'd be advised to not post if you don't want feedback.

So, All I think is a Keyblade without a keychain is not real, there fore, they're keyblades are fake :D and thats it

1) it's "their".
2) you're basing this on what, exactly? Should Xion's Keyblade truly be fake, it completely sinks the entire "Keychains = real Keyblade, hence no Keychain = fake Keyblade" argument. TAV could have undeveloped Keyblades; Xion's Keyblade, while having a Keychain, seems to be fake.
You've nothing to base your claim on, with enough probable circumstances to go against it.

KenowaX

I'd like to point the fact that LS's keyblade CAN have a keychain since it does have a hole in it's handle.

The keyblade itself is real. However the source of it's power might come from the keychains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back