• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Lingering Sentiment NOT a Light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
A lot of people the past few days have been speculating that Terra's Lingering Sentiment could perhaps become one of the 7 lights. Alright, while I personally thinking that a hulking mass of armor with nearly unparalleled strength being a "Light" is an awesome idea (a la Alphonse Elric haha), I don't think this will be the case.

You see, the 7 Lights will presumably be 7 Keyblade wielders who also have strong hearts, correct? Well if that is indeed true, then does that not automatically rule out LS? Contrary to what some people seem to think, LS does NOT have a heart, it is merely what's left of Terra's mind and will inhabiting his armor, it's technically not even alive, So how can it be Light? This does not mean however that the LS will not play a significant role in KH3, hell I might even be wrong about all of this, of course.

So yeah, that's why i believe that the LS sentiment will not be one of the 7 Lights, but what do you guys think?

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I would like to believe that Lingering Will is part of the Guardians, seeing he kind of fight against Xehanort in a way. He's fighting to regain his body, stolen and possessed by Xehanort.

Beside, don't you want to see a rematch between Lingering Will and Xehanort, only maybe Aqua or Ven or both will join in to help him out? I would. :3

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I would like to believe that Lingering Will is part of the Guardians, seeing he kind of fight against Xehanort in a way. He's fighting to regain his body, stolen and possessed by Xehanort.

Beside, don't you want to see a rematch between Lingering Will and Xehanort, only maybe Aqua or Ven or both will join in to help him out? I would. :3

Would LOVE to see that, I honestly would. However kike I said before, just because I want it to happen, doesnt mean I think it will

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Would LOVE to see that, I honestly would. However kike I said before, just because I want it to happen, doesnt mean I think it will

True.. unless Noruma is reading this and decides to do it? xD That would be pretty epic, but I doubt it. :)

Sometimes, I wonder if Terra/Eraqus is aware of what's going on during their little property dispute..

Seighart

Awards
A lot of people the past few days have been speculating that Terra's Lingering Sentiment could perhaps become one of the 7 lights. Alright, while I personally thinking that a hulking mass of armor with nearly unparalleled strength being a "Light" is an awesome idea (a la Alphonse Elric haha), I don't think this will be the case.

You see, the 7 Lights will presumably be 7 Keyblade wielders who also have strong hearts, correct? Well if that is indeed true, then does that not automatically rule out LS? Contrary to what some people seem to think, LS does NOT have a heart, it is merely what's left of Terra's mind and will inhabiting his armor, it's technically not even alive, So how can it be Light? This does not mean however that the LS will not play a significant role in KH3, hell I might even be wrong about all of this, of course.

So yeah, that's why i believe that the LS sentiment will not be one of the 7 Lights, but what do you guys think?

Does the "everything can grow a heart" line not ring any bells?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Oh crap, I didn't think of that.

But what about Terra's heart? It's still out there, fighting off MX's influence, looking for a chance to take over the body. I'd think that Terra's heart would inhabit the armor before it grows it's own.

AND LET'S SAY that the armor does grow a heart. Wouldn't the fact that The LS is made up of Terra's armor, mind, and will just result in another of Terra's heart being born?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'm in the boat that it mostly like won't be one of the Lights but the idea that it can grow its own heart and eventually become its own person is so crazy that it sounds pretty damn interesting.

Seighart

Awards

But what about Terra's heart? It's still out there, fighting off MX's influence, looking for a chance to take over the body. I'd think that Terra's heart would inhabit the armor before it grows it's own.

AND LET'S SAY that the armor does grow a heart. Wouldn't the fact that The LS is made up of Terra's armor, mind, and will just result in another of Terra's heart being born?

See Ven and Roxas. I see similarities. Kinda. Maybe. Ok no.

doortolight

Awards
wow between this and another forum I read on here, I have just thought about someting, Lingering spirit, could possibly be terra's nobody.
and like what the other forum said. perhaps the guardian (the unhurtable heartless with ansem SoD) might be his heartless. could this lead to terra's becoming whole?

billyzanesucks

That's interesting to think about. I'm fairly confident that the LS has a heart in some way, whether that's a copy/extension of Terra's or its own. Then again, maybe it's like the Heartless, a single-minded projection of one element of a person's heart...but contrarily, it has shown capability of speech and somewhat rational thought. It's a bit complicated.

Korai

Awards
wow between this and another forum I read on here, I have just thought about someting, Lingering spirit, could possibly be terra's nobody.
and like what the other forum said. perhaps the guardian (the unhurtable heartless with ansem SoD) might be his heartless. could this lead to terra's becoming whole?
I feel like terra's resurrection is a lot closer than we realize... xemnas defeated=terras body in "limbo", the guardian who is possibly terra's heartless could be found and defeated=terras heart in "limbo", terras soul waiting for them in a suit of armor in the keyblade graveyard. if they could release his soul, then it would also be in "limbo". once all 3 parts are in limbo, terra is resurrected. an interesting note: at the time terra is resurrected, he would look identical to xemnas except he would have brown hair, lighter skin, and blue eyes. he would still have the organization coat and xemnas's hairstyle.

billyzanesucks

I feel like terra's resurrection is a lot closer than we realize... xemnas defeated=terras body in "limbo", the guardian who is possibly terra's heartless could be found and defeated=terras heart in "limbo", terras soul waiting for them in a suit of armor in the keyblade graveyard. if they could release his soul, then it would also be in "limbo". once all 3 parts are in limbo, terra is resurrected. an interesting note: at the time terra is resurrected, he would look identical to xemnas except he would have brown hair, lighter skin, and blue eyes. he would still have the organization coat and xemnas's hairstyle.
Well, LS wasn't said to contain Terra's spirit, but his will. It's highly likely that Terra has already been reborn.

Korai

Awards
There doesn't seem to be anything to suggest that they are.
well you can say that someone has a lot of spirit, meaning they dont give up easily, or you could say they are a strong-willed person, with the same meaning. there is another saying is that someone has "lost the will to live" and in the kh universe, having a soul is the difference between being alive or dead.

billyzanesucks

well you can say that someone has a lot of spirit, meaning they dont give up easily, or you could say they are a strong-willed person, with the same meaning. there is another saying is that someone has "lost the will to live" and in the kh universe, having a soul is the difference between being alive or dead.
No offense, but that sounds contrived, and "lost the will to live" isn't really interchangeable with "lost their soul". I agree that "will" and "spirit" can mean quite similar things, but "will" and "soul" are pretty different things. Xehanort also says "why does your mind resist?" when Terra's armor gets up, and I think it's quite a stretch to say "mind = soul", especially considering how hearts have been shown to be capable of thought without a soul (Ansem SoD and Sora's Heartless).

Korai

Awards
No offense, but that sounds contrived, and "lost the will to live" isn't really interchangeable with "lost their soul". I agree that "will" and "spirit" can mean quite similar things, but "will" and "soul" are pretty different things. Xehanort also says "why does your mind resist?" when Terra's armor gets up, and I think it's quite a stretch to say "mind = soul", especially considering how hearts have been shown to be capable of thought without a soul (Ansem SoD and Sora's Heartless).
none taken! these friendly debates are what the forums are for!

again, in the excerpt from the 4th secret ansems report, it says a person only consists of three parts, body, heart, and soul. nobodies consist of a body and a soul (at first) and even upon birth, they have a mind, while with the dusks it may be a very weak mind but even basic nobodies have been distinguished from basic nobodies as they fight with more strategy while heartless act on instinct, as they lack a mind. the mind and soul may be different things, but i think that, in the kh universe, the mind may be very closely assosiated with and "attached to" the soul

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Don't forget that this only works when the being in question experiences the world, light and interacts with other beings to create memories which can shape a newborn heart.
Both Xemnas and Ansem the Wise explained that just giving birth to a "heart-bud" isn't enough. The new heart needs to be nurtured in order to grow, and that is done mainly by connecting with other living beings and experience things to create memories, which are the main "ingredient" for a heart.

Going by that, the chance of the Lingering Will having a heart is pretty slim since it has arguably had the least interaction out of any character in the KH Universe, even the Carpet in Agrabah had more.

It's pretty unlikely anyways because new hearts to not just pop up, there is a process involved that most likely doesn't work for the Lingering Will, except if maybe Terra split his heart too (like Xehanort) and placed a piece of it in his armor.

No, it would be a heart (and therefore a sense of self/spirit) similar to Terra, but not Terra himself. It would be a situation similar to Riku and the Riku Replica, or the Clonetroopers of Star Wars. Clones, yes, but with a mind and will of their own. That's what having a heart mainly proves, that you got a new individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back