• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Story-Something I don't understand

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrosseth

I'm playing through Terra's story again and there's something I don't understand. In Enchanted Dominion when Maleficent takes control of him I always assumed she used him to gain Aurora's heart. But later on in Radiant Garden Master Xehanort says "Unlikely, a powerful light still lives within Terra." Then Braig says, "So, wait, he wasn't the one who stole her heart?"
:confused: That really confuses me, who actually took her heart then, if it wasn't Terra? Did Master Xehanort appear off screen and take her heart letting Terra believe he was actually the one?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm playing through Terra's story again and there's something I don't understand. In Enchanted Dominion when Maleficent takes control of him I always assumed she used him to gain Aurora's heart. But later on in Radiant Garden Master Xehanort says "Unlikely, a powerful light still lives within Terra." Then Braig says, "So, wait, he wasn't the one who stole her heart?"
:confused: That really confuses me, who actually took her heart then, if it wasn't Terra? Did Master Xehanort appear off screen and take her heart letting Terra believe he was actually the one?

Technically, Maleficent had Terra take Aurora's Heart with her Magic, using her magic to summon the Darkness that Terra himself is afraid of. So, Terra took Aurora's Heart; but was forced into doing so. Abstractly, Maleficent took Aurora's Heart using Terra's body as a puppet to get what she wanted. Xehanort already knew that Terra would blame himself.

As for the Xehanort/Braig exchange, Xehanort was referring to the fact that Terra would never CHOOSE to take her Heart because of the "Light" still within him. It was only because of Maleficent's interfrence that it happened at all.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm fairly sure it was stated it was Maleficent along with MX itself, which would add up with why MX told Maleficent about the Princesses to begin with - Maleficent would use Terra for it, and then MX could do it at a good timing to get Terra to blame himself - like how MX showed up to deal the final blow on Eraqus. It's MX who finished the guy off but Terra who fought him, making Terra blame himself still.

Morrosseth

Ah, okay. That makes sense. But where was it stated? I don't remember hearing that. (faulty memory, :-( )

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Sorry for going off topic but I didnt want to make a new thread. Where does it show MX killing Eraqus before Terra does and how is he with Terra and MX in Terras body?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ah, okay. That makes sense. But where was it stated? I don't remember hearing that. (faulty memory, :-( )

-- If Terra wasn't the one who stole Aurora's heart in his chapter, who actually did steal it?

Nomura: It was Master Xehanort and Maleficent. In "KHI" it was shown that beings of darkness like Maleficent and the Heartless are able to steal people's hearts. The theory is that Terra, who has light residing in his heart, is not a being of darkness and therefore didn't steal Aurora's heart.

It feels weird, quoting an interview. Haven't done that in so long.

Sorry for going off topic but I didnt want to make a new thread. Where does it show MX killing Eraqus before Terra does and how is he with Terra and MX in Terras body?

It's never shown, but Terra does say right before he fights Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard that he (MX) killed Eraqus.
Terra: "Was my Master, no, my father Eraqus, not enough for you?"

Eraqus = ()
Terra = []
MX = {}

{[()]} is the best way I can explain it. Eraqus' heart lies dormant within Terra's, which has been engulfed by Xehanort's. Though, I haven't played the game in a while, so it's entirely possible that I'm wrong.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Watch Eraqus' death scene again -- notice how he seems not to be in that bad shape when he's talking to Terra, and then he clutches at his chest like he took a heart attack, falls over, and dies? Now look behind him when that happens, and you'll see the dark energy blast MX used to finish Eraqus off.

The bit about his heart being in Terra's body is mentioned in Blank Points.

Crystal

Silver Member

After the battle with Terra and Eraqus, MX kills him and Terra was trying to hold him, i think that time Eraqus' heart flows into him.

Zul

Awards
That was a big confusing at first. But I guess Braig thought that Terra did the heart-release on Aurora himself, and didn't know of Maleficent's involvement.

I wouldn't be surprised if MX himself taught Maleficent that darkness-harnessing spell.

localorange

That was a big confusing at first. But I guess Braig thought that Terra did the heart-release on Aurora himself, and didn't know of Maleficent's involvement.

I wouldn't be surprised if MX himself taught Maleficent that darkness-harnessing spell.

Through this, I find the very implication that Maleficent was used as a tool to draw Terra emotionally closer to Xehanort to be fascinating and a little disturbing in ways. She's one of the most sinister Disney villains in history, and here she is being unwittingly used as a tool by Master Xehanort.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Through this, I find the very implication that Maleficent was used as a tool to draw Terra emotionally closer to Xehanort to be fascinating and a little disturbing in ways. She's one of the most sinister Disney villains in history, and here she is being unwittingly used as a tool by Master Xehanort.

Maleficent sadly has a history of not being all she can be in the KH series. KH2 and Re:coded are two prominent examples of this.
Even if she was used as a tool by Xehanort, it still brought her a tiny bit closer to her own new-found goals, however (at least until Ven ruined it), and it was what set her down on the path that gave us KH1. I think she deserves a bit more credit than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back