• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Voice..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

natu133

Is anyone else feeling that Terra's VA could've done alot better? His voice just seems to not suit him, its too light. and some of his lines are just said horribly. I admit I'm only upto Wheel Master in his story, but after playing through both Aqua's and Ven's, I'm starting to feel like his voice let's down the otherwise perfect voice acting of the game.
It's not just in cutscenes either, even when he grunts or says his battle qoutes it just doesn't sound right. It's a shame too, considering that he has some really important dialouge and [arguably] the most important role plot-wise of BBS.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Nope. His voice acting is superb.

Wait, if you havent finished the game, how can you even judge his voice? smh.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is anyone else feeling that Terra's VA could've done alot better? His voice just seems to not suit him, its too light. and some of his lines are just said horribly. I admit I'm only upto Wheel Master in his story, but after playing through both Aqua's and Ven's, I'm starting to feel like his voice let's down the otherwise perfect voice acting of the game.
It's not just in cutscenes either, even when he grunts or says his battle qoutes it just doesn't sound right. It's a shame too, considering that he has some really important dialouge and [arguably] the most important role plot-wise of BBS.

And that's the problem :\

Don't you think you should play through his entire scenario before judging?

natu133

Like I said though, from the cutscenes seen in Ventus' and Aqua's story, his voice acting really seems to be of less talent :s

natu133

Yeah, maybe that's the best way to put it; it sorta lacked emotion...
and in my opinion Aqua's voice was actually better then Terra's, and putting her up against Ventus' voice would just be unfair seeing as McCartney has had more experience in voice acting specifically in the series.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Aqua was better than Terra .

No she wasn't. She wasn't bad by any means but any moment where she was supposed to be epic, it was lackluster.

Terra brings it on when he has to, even if some of his cutscenes are slack.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i didnt see a problem with his VA, sure there where a few moments but the same came be said of aqua (T^T) eraqus and MX.

Xenin

Banned
Aqua..this is my opinion now..no reason to get upset..Im not saying anything but... her voice was unemotional....She kinda didn't seem emotional at ALL. Like when Zack asked her out, she was like so not emotional and was supposed to be surprised, but she's very very bland and is like..Oh..no..sorry... The only time she was appropriate was sad parts... That was her range

R

Rooster Cogburn

MX had some big issues at the begining. but in saying that, he is voiced by Luke Skywalker XD

Um, no he is voiced by Spock.

Aqua..this is my opinion now..no reason to get upset..Im not saying anything but... her voice was unemotional....She kinda didn't seem emotional at ALL. Like when Zack asked her out, she was like so not emotional and was supposed to be surprised, but she's very very bland and is like..Oh..no..sorry... The only time she was appropriate was sad parts... That was her range

Hmm, well I really enjoyed her. I thought Terra did excellent in the Keyblade Graveyard and Secret Ending. Other than that I thought he was the lackluster one.

But whatever it's cool. I'm not one those people who flip out on someone who doesn't share my opinion.

natu133

actually MX is voiced by spok XD

>.> oops im thinking of Eraqus...heh

I have to agree with you there. but I think (and im probably wrong) that Aqua was actually flattered by it, but also in an awkward situation. atleast thats what could be gathered from her actions in the scene. either that,or,that's just my fanboyism for the first playable female lead-role in KH. I will never count Xion as a female..

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

There's your issue. Terra's story obviously has more cutscenes with him than either Aqua or Ven, so you're bound to get a better impression of him by finishing his story first.

It was a lil flat...but it wasn't the wrost *Cough* Aqua *Cough*

Pretty much. xD

No she wasn't. She wasn't bad by any means but any moment where she was supposed to be epic, it was lackluster.

Terra brings it on when he has to, even if some of his cutscenes are slack.

This is pretty much how I feel on the subject. I'm getting more used to her voice, but it definitely could have been better.
His voice was pretty good, he just lacked emotion. Kinda like Riku in KH1.

MX had some big issues at the begining. but in saying that, he is voiced by Luke Skywalker XD

MX was voiced by Spock. It was ERAQUS that was voiced by Luke Skywalker.

Spock doesn't voice anyone. Leonard Nimoy voices MX.

Leonard Nimoy IS Spock. He was Spock's actor.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Lol, I'm probably one of few who liked Aqua's voice in the game so much; it made me look forward to playing her character. However I did not watch the Japanese videos, so I don't know how she was supposed to sound. She sounded a little more "real" to me and didn't have that annoying, generic anime/videogame-girl voice most of them tend to have.

I found no problem with Terra either. Master Xehanort was a little edgy at first, but I grew used to it fairly quickly.

natu133

I had no issues with Aqua's voice at all to be honest. Im guessing playing further into Terra's story will mean I will get used to his voice so I shall do so. If I ever get past this damn wheel master, is he this hard on Normal -_-

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Lol, I'm probably one of few who liked Aqua's voice in the game so much; it made me look forward to playing her character. However I did not watch the Japanese videos, so I don't know how she was supposed to sound. She sounded a little more "real" to me and didn't have that annoying, generic anime/videogame-girl voice most of them tend to have.

No offense to Megumi, but yeah, that was exactly the kind of voice Japanese Aqua had.

Xenin

Banned
I actually tak eback one part. Aqua's VA was good in Blank Point so was Terra. IDK if it's the VA or the whole. "Holy Crap I love this!" feel I got from it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back