• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► {Terror's Tiara}~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindri

Website
cindri.livejournal.com
Dx Sorry it's been a while! Well, I'm sure no one's noticed, but I apologise anyways. I'm still fighting a cold or something, as well as writers block. So, this next chapter isn't the best, but I did put Sora and Kairi in it, as loyal to my fans as I am. I wasn't planning to bring them up again until later, but that's fine. So, er, i'm getting carried away, here's next chappie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Chapter Four} ~^^^~

The floorboards creaked under Kairi's feet as she walked into Sora's room. The lights weren't working, and outside dark clouds obscured the moon, so cloaking the room in darkness. Wind rattled the window, and the tempature seemed to drop several degrees, despite it already being cold enough for Kairi's breath to mist. But she hardly noticed these things. She was used to them by now.

Sora was on the floor, sitting against the bed, fiddling with the electronic tracking device he held in his hands. It's little screen illuminated his face and it was the only light source in the room. Kairi sat down next to him. "Have you got it working?" she asked.

Sora nodded. "I'm getting a lot of interference, but we should be able to find Riku. It's a good thing my gummiship came with a tracking chip."

Kairi shifted. "Hmm." was all she said.

Sora looked at her. "What's wrong?"

"What if Riku doesn't want to be disturbed?"

Sora thought about it. "You mean because he's with a girl?" Kairi shrugged. "Well, we have to find him anyways." he went on. "Riku would want to know what's going on." He glanced out the window. "So it hasn't left yet?"

"No." Kairi answered, shaking her head. "But it is going. It's fading." She also looked out the window. A high-pitched shriek tore at the night. Neither of them flinched.

Suddenly, the clouds parted for a moment. Moonlight shone on the huge black ball suspended above the ocean. It moved about, as though spinning. Darkness swirled inside it. Ocaasionally it would amit a dark mist, that would stretch out over the beach, curling into claws that reached out. The mist would form shapes of long, serpintine dragons, the ones making those terrible shrieks. The zoomed out across they island, then returned to the floating ball.

The clouds drifted over the moon again, and the darkness was complete. Kairi stood up. "I'll go pack some things, then." She said. She headed for the door.

"Hay Kairi?" Sora called behind her. She stopped at the door. "Yes?"

Sora looked at the tracker. "Nevermind." he mumbled.

Kairi hesitated. She was worried about Sora. He'd been quiet ever since the ball of darkness fromed three days ago. It had come out of nowhere, wind solidifying into black wisps, that swirled in on itself and made a small sphere, that had grown into the giant it was now. At first he had wanted to destroy it. But Kairi pointed out that they didn't know what is was, or what it could do. So they waited, and studied, and now they were leaving.

Sora shook his head, and his eyes filled with determination. "We're going to save Destiny Islands." he said.

Kairi smiled, but inside she was still worrying.

~~~~

After Agrabah, I was beat. Riku and I stumbled onto the gummiship. Soon we were flying away, leaving the stupid world behind. I crawled under the covers of my bed, but I couldn't sleep. I lay there for hours, but finally I got bored, and I trudged into my bathroom. I looked around for my brush. Okay, it wasn't my brush. It had belonged to some friend of Riku's. He let me bring it though, so now it was mine.

I looked everywhere in my room. Nope, it wasn't there. I shifted through piles of clothes in Riku's room. Of course it wasn't there either. I returned to my bathroom. The bathrooms aboard the gummiship were funtional, but not practical. They held a round sink sticking out of the wall, and glass cylinder that was supposed to fit a human trying to shower, and a toilet. There were no towel racks or drawers or any places to store anything. Still, I looked around.

Brushes were funny things. They were very important to the female population. They were grooming devices. They made you look clean and beautiful, and sometimes they looked pretty dazzling themsleves. They came in many different varieties, and each held a special purpose. But above all, a brush brought comfort. If you're angry, you stand in front of a mirror and furiously brush. Eventually, you calm down. I always have time to think while I brush my hair. Yep, the brush was a truely magnificent tool.

Unfortunalty, I couldn't find my brush.

I was starting to get a little annoyed. Did I leave it in the kitchen? No, it wasn't there. I don't think I ever brushed my hair in the kitchen anyways. Then where could it be? It wasn't anywhere on the bloody ship. I again returned to the bathroom. I squeezed myself into the shower. I didn't really expect it to be there, but I'd thought I'd look anyways. Then I tried to pull myself out. I was stuck! I made myself smaller, and then fell out of the shower. I returned to normal size and picked myself up. Then I was face to face with a dog.

The dog was yellow. It had black ears and a long wagging tail. And it had my brush in it's mouth.

Riku turned from the control console when I stormed in, throwing dark bolts and anything else at the dog. The little devil dodged it all, then stopped in front of Riku, dropping the brush onto the floor. Riku knelt in front of him. "Hey, it's Pluto, the King's dog!" He said, scratching it behind the ears.

I was livid. "I don't care who's dog it is, I want him off this ship NOW!"

But Riku was being stubborn. "We can't kick him off. Anyways, he's good luck, I think."

I threw up my hands. "Good luck!? Then cut off one of his feet, and hang it around your neck! Hell, we can even dye it green, if you like!"

But Riku was leading Pluto down the hall. "You can sleep in my room, just don't chew anything, please. And you might want to stay away from Takil... she's mean..." His voice disapeared with him behind a corner.

I kicked the captains chair. The captains chair, for the boss, where the kid sat. He actually thought he had the final say in matters! Maybe he forgot that I could make his life a living hell, but he couldn't do the same for me. I kicked the NavieSearch500. It beeped.

Disgruntled, I called out Riku's name. When he came back, I showed him the NaviSearch. "Yeah, it's found something." He said. He pressed a few buttons, then frowned at it. "The radar is picking it up, but it looks kinda weird. Like, it's spread out. I'll bring us in."

The gummiship zoomed through the stars, and in front of us we could see what the NaviSearch had picked up. Or, what was left of it anyways.

The planet was destroyed, scattered around where it's central core used to reside. Chunks of it drifted around lazily, flipping in the air or just floating idily. We flew threw the devastation. I studied it. The rock most of the world was made up of was the same pale stone my world was made of. Tree's still stood on some of the larger chunks. My world had trees. A lot of them, actually. I looked for any remaining city. I felt a fluttering sensation in my stomach. What if this was my world? Had it been destroyed while my race was locked away?

We flew by a larger peice. Part of a city still clung to it, holding on for it's life. We went closer. The buildings were made of a dull black stone. I exhaled. It wasn't my world. Riku looked at me, and I shook my head. He too let out a breath I hadn't realized he'd been holding.

"What happened?" I whispered. I'd never seen anything like this.

"It looks like maybe the heartless were in the middle of destroying it, but they got called off on some other buisness." Riku answered, though I hadn't wanted answer. I glanced at him. "Heartless?"

"Oh, they're new. They didn't come about until way after your race was imprisoned." Riku was now turning the ship around. "I'll tell you more about it later, but right now, it would be safe to get out of here."

I caught something out of the corner of my eye. "What was that?"

It looked like a shadow, hovering over one of the smaller chunks. Riku leaned closer to the window as the shadow swirled in on itself, becoming a little sphere. We looked at eachother.

More of the little black shadows were gathering around the first. The sphere swelled, getting bigger every second. I realized Riku had flown us closer, to get a better look. The black ball was now roughly the size of the gummiship, and still it continued to grow. I heard low moans and soft shrieks, and my essence shivered. It felt as though my very being rippled.

Now the ball was around the size the world wouldv'e been in one piece. Riku was backing us up, but still watching the sphere's progress. Our little ball had grown up so fast. Some of the shadows were spinning off of the black bulk, wispy things that reached for us. One of them shaped itself into a dragonish thing and lunged for us.

Riku jerked the ship back and we bumped into another piece of the destroyed world. We sped away from it and hit another. It seemed that while we were mesmerized by the shadowy sphere, we had backed into a densely packed field of rock. They floated around, all jumbled together. And we had no way out.

Riku tried a few clearings, but each led us into another rock. If we kept this up, the gummiship would be completely battered. Riku drifted back towards the sphere. "We're trapped, aren't we?" I asked companionably. Riku grunted.

Suddenly we were speeding towards the sphere. Straight for it. "Hey!" I cried. 'What are you doing!? Don't go near that thing!" but Riku wasn't paying me any mind. We zoomed at the ball. I grabbed onto his chair to keep from being thrown back. "Are you crazy! we're going to crash into that thing!"

The gummiship hurtled at the sphere with everything it had. We were only about a hundred feet away. Seventy. Fourty. I yelled as we reached ten feet and the ship gave a violent lurch.

We were soaring free. The black sphere was small again, shrinking as we flew away from it. The dead world was mostly consumed by the shadow. I couldn't make anything out. I stared at Riku. "Whew! That was close!" he said.

I smacked him. "Hey, what was that for?" Riku rubbed his ear.

"That's for almost getting us killed!" I slumped against his chair. "I thought we were goners. Who knows what that thing would've done if we had flown into it."

Riku shrugged. "Hopefully, we'll never have to find out." Pluto padded up to us. He looked a little shaken, but quite happy. I stared at him sullenly. He had probally enjoyed our brush with death.

Riku expertly wove between a few meteors. I sighed. "Well, you better reset the NaviSearch." I grumbled. Riku nodded. "I already did." He answered. We were quiet.

I opened my mouth to say something, but then I closed it. What was there to say?

~~~~

Okies, that took a little longer to type than I expected, but no worries. Sorry, I know this chapter was a little slow, but I have bigish plans for the next ones. Yeah, and I apologize again for not getting this to you sooner. Meh, you'll have to deal with me. So, like always, comments and critisism is welcome, enjoy your day, and HAPPY PENGUIN HOPPING!

Cindri

Website
cindri.livejournal.com
Okay, sorry, I still don't have the next chapter, maybe I'll get it up tomarrow. I feel like such a bad writer, leaving you guys like this, but I've had other things to do... I apologize!

Okay, er, so don't feel like I've left you hanging! I'll get the next chapter in, don't worry!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back