• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura & Hideo Kojima to Attend San Diego Comic Con 2014!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If you had made any big plans to attend any panels at San Diego Comic Con this year, you should probably rethink them. Kingdom Hearts Series Director Tetsuya Nomura will be attending San Diego Comic Con 2014 for the first time ever and will be holding a special autograph session for fans alongside Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear Solid franchise!

Nomura & Kojima's joint autograph session will be held at the Square Enix Booth (#3829) at an undisclosed time. To get a ticket for the autograph session, you must buy a qualified Play Arts -Kai- figure at their booth which will be in limited quantities, so get there early to purchase one! They will be signing special San Diego Comic Con 2014 postcards to commemorate the event

If you miss out on getting a ticket for Nomura & Kojima's special autograph session, you can still try out the many game demos Square Enix will have at their booth for Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX-, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, and more!

San Diego Comic Con 2014 takes place July 24th-27th

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura to Attend San Diego Comic Con 2014!

Hmmm. Suspicious. In a very good way. I'm getting a D23 2013 vibe from this news. Perhaps there will be an announcement of some sort. If so, probably about FFXV.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

No fucking way. Lucky those who get to see the man in person and get his autograph. I'd die to be there next weekend.

Hopefully some announcement will become of this

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Apparently his autograph session will be with Kojima. Makes a lot more sense that way considering they're best friends.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

*narrows eyes* mm

This is pretty cool, considering Disney isn't really doing anything for comicon this year.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Holy—what!? Never have I wished I were living in the US more than I do now. I would absolutely be willing to queue in a snaking line to get my hands on the Play Arts Kai. Speaking of which, I'm very curious as to what this (these?) qualified PAK is (are?) of. If it's in the video, I'm sorry, but I can't open it right now.

You blessed, fortunate souls! Those who do go there, please have fun on behalf of us who aren't so lucky. >_<

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I just want Nomura to relax at SDCC and get excited over Star Wars and Marvel films and TWD and everything. He and Kojima are the biggest cinephiles so if Nomura does not ditch his obligations besides the autograph session, I will be upset!

limit

Yay, more events I won't be attending -_-
(I want an autograph so badly....)

This trailer is hilarious though. Wtf is Square doing? :p

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Aw, the postcards are super cute. I'm jealous of anyone who gets to meet Nomura.

I can't believe Kojima convinced him to go to something like SDCC...

Sdog

Awards
Ooo how I'd love to mean that man. If only I could speak Japanese all the questions I would ask! >_<

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering that Nomura normally is not so keen on attending events this really says alot, maybe Kojima nagged him long enough so he agreed to tag along, lol.

Bobjam

Awards
Wow, lucky those who are attending who get to meet and see him! I wonder how much this ups the chances of Square releasing game info at this con. Is it any more likely now Nomura has decided to come? Didn't Nomura turn up to Japan Expo last year as well surprisingly but no new significant info on anything was released?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
yeah something up nomura usally doesn't how up at this event i wonder why now hmm?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
yeah something up nomura usally doesn't how up at this event i wonder why now hmm?

There are four possibilities (all of which can be the answer or none at all):

1) Kojima and Nomura are good friends, love films (Nomura watches two films a day, apparently) and TV shows, and Comic Con is home to all of the best screenings (as industry guests I imagine they could get into plenty of stuff if they asked) and a bunch of important people will be there. So, as overworked game developers, they are there to relax a bit while doing a bit of promotion of their titles coming out this year (next year for Kojima).

2) It is possible something big might happen like a surprise announcement or trailers and interviews like Hashimoto hinted at in an interview earlier this year

3) Nomura wanted to go and probably had a significant amount of work completed on his projects/things are moving smooth enough that he could leave things to the co-directors so he was able to attend

4) Square Enix asked him to go

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
There are four possibilities (all of which can be the answer or none at all):

1) Kojima and Nomura are good friends, love films (Nomura watches two films a day, apparently) and TV shows, and Comic Con is home to all of the best screenings (as industry guests I imagine they could get into plenty of stuff if they asked) and a bunch of important people will be there. So, as overworked game developers, they are there to relax a bit while doing a bit of promotion of their titles coming out this year (next year for Kojima).

2) It is possible something big might happen like a surprise announcement or trailers and interviews like Hashimoto hinted at in an interview earlier this year

3) Nomura wanted to go and probably had a significant amount of work completed on his projects/things are moving smooth enough that he could leave things to the co-directors so he was able to attend

4) Square Enix asked him to go
yeah it proabally one or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back