• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura in Iwata Asks! (Now with Translations!) *COMPLETE*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tetsuya Nomura in Iwata Asks!*-*Kingdom Hearts Insider

There are six parts, I'll just update this post as I finish each part :3

Iwata Asks #15: Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

1. The Impact of 'Mario 64'
2. 'It will fun for sure'
3. Square's Intentions
4. Flying around, so much you can't help but laugh
5. 'Kingdom Hearts-ness'
6. The Great Feeling When Complex Foreshadowing Links Together

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DONE~

Last edited:
Awards
Re: Iwata Asks: Nomura KH3D Interview

IIIIInnnnteresting.
So Disney was really, in Nomura's eyes, more of a jumping off point than anything, something for exposure lol.
Makes sense.

Iwata: It just didn't seem to happen until now. Actually, I've wanted to speak with you at least once for a long time.

Iwata: you yourself are the 'compass that shows the way of the craft'.

Iwata: …Just now with what we were saying, I think I've come to understand a side of you I didn't know before, Mr Nomura. See, I'm relatively similar. I can feel so much empathy for you.

----> "Nomura, I..."

Also, should have been:

Iwata: Hmm! Fate sure is a strange thing!

Nomura: FATE IS NEVER LEFT TO CHANCE.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Re: Iwata Asks: Nomura KH3D Interview

He had up to KH2 planned before KH1 came out? =O It's good to finally get a direct quote from him about how much he knew from early on!

I just have to say, I love your translations, Goldpanner. If I didn't know better, I'd think this was the official translation. ^_^ But... why is it hidden away in the Spoiler section?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: Tetsuya Nomura in Iwata Asks! (Now with Translations!)

I can't wait to see the rest of it! Great job goldpanner! :D

Youniquee

Awards

Whoa, really long interview, thanks for that goldpanner!
It's really interesting. Gotta love Nomura's (laughs) I'm looking forward to the next 5 parts :3

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Whoa, really long interview, thanks for that goldpanner!
It's really interesting. Gotta love Nomura's (laughs) I'm looking forward to the next 5 parts :3

There's only 3 parts left to be translated xD

Phantom Knight

Just knowing that these two talked is awesome enough. Thanks for translating!

My mind was blown every time Nomura mentioned someone who left and joined another company later. Really gives me more reason to play Xenoblade and be grateful to Grezzo for their Zelda remakes.

I'm really surprised that Kingdom Hearts basically started as something meant to compete with Mario 64. I'm not a Mario fan, but I'll have to thank Mario for inspiring Nomura.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Loving this interview so far. Nomura really seems like a great guy and I think he's very much under appreciated by people who like to blame him for the downfall of Final Fantasy *cough* Toriyama *cough*.

Reading all these tidbits and learning that he had the story planned out from the beginning makes this series really good.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

There's only 3 parts left to be translated xD

ONLY 3?!?!? lmao, this 1 part was really really long, I wouldn't be shocked if this was a compilation of all the rest of Nomura's interviews for the rest of the year xP

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Updated the OP with another part! There are 2 left to go.

----> "Nomura, I..."

"B-baka! What are you saying >///<"

I just have to say, I love your translations, Goldpanner. If I didn't know better, I'd think this was the official translation. ^_^ But... why is it hidden away in the Spoiler section?

Aww thank you x3 I have a long way to go, but I'm better than I was 4 years ago, that's for sure!! Haha

Anddd it was in the spoiler section because I am an idiot 8D

My mind was blown every time Nomura mentioned someone who left and joined another company later. Really gives me more reason to play Xenoblade and be grateful to Grezzo for their Zelda remakes.

Me too. It's such an interesting glimpse at the complicated history of the industry...

ONLY 3?!?!? lmao, this 1 part was really really long, I wouldn't be shocked if this was a compilation of all the rest of Nomura's interviews for the rest of the year xP

Actually my first post was 3 parts in one! The document I pasted it into was 30 pages long when I started akgj;aegfjbgn

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura in Iwata Asks! (Now with Translations!) **Updated

Is there still more of this left?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I have no words for this other than, Goldplanner you are amazing and so is this interview

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm so excited to read more :) Looking forward to more of those translations! Just take your time!

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sorry it took so long... part 5 is up in the OP now, part 6 coming soon...!

Awards

Nomura: When I think of Kingdom Hearts, I think of depth.
Iwata: You mean [blah]
Nomura: Yeah I haven't really thought about it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I like how Nom-chan responds with "Yes" after Iwata has asked a long question rofl.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Wow. I've got some reading material to catch up on. xD

Thanks for your hard work, goldplanner!

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

This is the most interesting Nomura interview I've read. Thanks, goldpanner for the great translations.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ahh thanks guys <3

I know exactly what he means by 'depth', though. You know when like, some games you play them and they just feel like a game, but some games actually feel like there is a whole world in there outside of what you can actually interact with or experience, and your imagination fills things in and makes it take layers that the developers probably never meant, but it still all feels so mysterious.

People have different sensitivities to that sort of stuff (when I was a kid I felt that sort of mysteriousness in Spyro the Dragon on the psone lolol obviously I'm not very discerning) but I think when they disguise the limits of the game properly, too. Like in the old Crash Bandicoot games, even though pretty much all the levels were one track railroads, the 'invisible walls' were disguised with stuff like deep mysterious looking jungles, or they'd trigger weird things to happen just outside where you could actually go and it made that world feel more real. And then having the little side tracks where sometimes you COULD go into secret areas and find gems and stuff made it even more exciting.

And then there's world building, like for example ffx, they have ruins all over the place, and some have stories like the Mi'ihen Highroad, and some you can sort of imagine what happened, like the ruins on Besaid, and there's so much culture stuff that is just there and isn't really given specific exposition and you just feel like that world existed for thousands of years before you entered it and it will keep on existing after you leave.

I think most of us would have felt that about at least one game when we were little, that it felt deep and real :3 And KH still makes me feel like that. OR AM I CRAZY

Better stop babbling and finish #6 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back