• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura shares Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Message + Sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts series creator and director Tetsuya Nomura has posted a message on Twitter celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts franchise and shared a sketch of the anniversary art he only started yesterday:

Good evening. Thank you for your 20th anniversary congratulatory message. I'm sorry that the preparations for the 20th anniversary event are currently unsuccessful, but I have no preparations today. I started drawing pictures for the 20th anniversary yesterday, and I'm thrilled if I can make it in time for the event. Thank you for your continued support @ Nomura

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary event, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can we appreciate a procrastinator who starts working on his piece a day before and posts the incomplete sketch at 1:30am Japan Time on a Monday rather than being asleep since it’s a work day lol
I just appreciate Tetsuya Nomura, period. His artistic style is iconic and it's all the more impressive that this was a last-minute piece.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Good evening. Thank you for your 20th anniversary congratulatory message. I'm sorry that the preparations for the 20th anniversary event are currently unsuccessful, but I have no preparations today. I started drawing pictures for the 20th anniversary yesterday, and I'm thrilled if I can make it in time for the event. Thank you for your continued support @ Nomura

It's better than anything, but honestly I don't like these delays. What's the reason for them?! Covid can't be an excuse for everything anymore. FF7 had its 25th anniversary art finished in time...

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's better than anything, but honestly I don't like these delays. What's the reason for them?! Covid can't be an excuse for everything anymore. FF7 had its 25th anniversry art finished in time...
A few partial characters for a logo vs a full blown illustration isn't really comparable.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Yeah, this artwork looks like it's going to be on par with a game cover and it's possible he'll color it too

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's better than anything, but honestly I don't like these delays. What's the reason for them?! Covid can't be an excuse for everything anymore. FF7 had its 25th anniversary art finished in time...
I think it has more to do with the fact that they are celebrating the anniversary in April, so Nomura probably just 100% forgot that today was the actual anniversary lol

Also Nomura is a chronic procrastinator and also overworked on other projects.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
He’s an overworked man working on a bunch of projects so I understand him not starting it sooner but I do agree. I was hoping for a finished artwork today, and to hear it may not even be done for the event in two weeks is just 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back