• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura shares Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Message + Sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Man, I really do hope that that's a new outfit for Namine. But I shan't get my hopes up.

This is looking cool so far. I can't wait to see the rest of it... hopefully. But I'm sure Nomura will get it done:)
I have no idea where the new outfit thing is coming from.

All I'm seeing is a very unfinished Namine.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I had a bit of a random laugh earlier looking at this picture… Dark humor, but, well, I imagined a fan event where they reveal each image at a time—Sora with 1 finger for KH1, Sora with 2 fingers for KH2, Sora with 3 fingers for KH3. And then finally, a picture from Nomura "to the fans," Sora with a middle finger. LOL Lord knows how hard it must be to deal with needy fanbases for decades like this.

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
Hard to believe it's been 20 years now. I played the first game when it first released, when I was 6 years old. Playing that game changed the course of my life. Kingdom Hearts made me passionate about stories, which made me want to write fiction. And being passionate in stories, also led me to be passionate about history. And in just a couple months, I will be graduating with a Master's degree in History and on my way to a doctoral program in the Fall. I wouldn't have chosen this path in life if it hadn't been for that magical experience, and that one incredible night when I popped that disc into my PS2 and heard that glorious Simple and Clean song for the first time. Finishing Kingdom Hearts 1 was my first major accomplishment in life, and it turned out to be the beginning of so many more. God bless this amazing series. God bless Nomura, and God bless this miraculous product of the most fateful elevator meeting in history.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Chaser It's more that there seems to be lines at the top of the dress that shouldn't be there (like, if you look way too close to it. I feel like I may even be seeing short sleeves, as opposed to something akin to the normal kind of tank top sleeves from her dress), if it's her normal dress... and it probably is, and they're just things that will be erased in the final product as this is just a sketch. But it definitely seems to have gotten a lot of people's brains a-thinkin'.

NoWay

Awards
I wonder if people are mistaking her arm for a belt?
Omg you’re right 😭 For me it looked like she was wearing a jacket but after you comment I realized it was her arm

pastel.goblin

Awards
My girl ; ____ ;

As much as I'd like her to get a new outfit, to me it looks like her usual dress. But as someone starving for Nami content, I'm just happy she's being acknowledged.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
@Chaser It's more that there seems to be lines at the top of the dress that shouldn't be there (like, if you look way too close to it. I feel like I may even be seeing short sleeves, as opposed to something akin to the normal kind of tank top sleeves from her dress), if it's her normal dress... and it probably is, and they're just things that will be erased in the final product as this is just a sketch. But it definitely seems to have gotten a lot of people's brains a-thinkin'.
At the moment, since it's a rough sketch and far from the completed work, I'd be inclined to believe them to be sketch marks. It'd be nice for Naminé to get some new duds though!

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't see why new things would be present in this sketch. It's a celebration of the last 20 years.
I'm sure there will be plenty of new things at the event though!

SuperNova

Awards
Considering this is for the 20th anniversary, I don't think any characters are gonna get new outfits, and people are thinking the person next to Luxord might be Yozora but I think thats just Laurium/Marluxia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back