• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

I really wish they would have have made a legitimate collector's edition for 1.5. Even if it was just the game, a bigger artbook (50 pages maybe?), and a soundtrack that contained all the remastered songs in the game, I'd slap down $60-80 for that bad boy without batting an eyelash.

But like many have said, I'm sure SE is saving all the major, expensive artbooks or CE items for around the time that KH3 is released. I could totally see them making a huge artbook that would either be in the KH3 CE or released after KH3.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I want a massive, all-encompassing book. Complete with a massive, all-encompassing soundtrack. I would pay the big bucks for these. I think they'd also make up for the goofs of the past.

I've never had very many limited edition ANYTHINGS in the past, so I don't mind 1.5 at all. I will love the game and whatever comes with it. The case's uniqueness is just another perk, for me :3

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I want a massive, all-encompassing book. Complete with a massive, all-encompassing soundtrack. I would pay the big bucks for these. I think they'd also make up for the goofs of the past.

I've never had very many limited edition ANYTHINGS in the past, so I don't mind 1.5 at all. I will love the game and whatever comes with it. The case's uniqueness is just another perk, for me :3

That's why I still think the 1.5 artbook is great. I mean has there ever really been a REAL artbook of Kingdom Hearts at all? Sure, there was that Visual Arts book for KH1, but that's meh. And the Ultimania's are all in Japanese, so I can't read them plus the conversion rate makes them super expensive.

Thus, this is the only real artbook of Kingdom Hearts we've ever gotten. And I like it. Plus, they could always surprise us. The collector's editions of Final Fantasy XIII-2 ended being drastically different whether you lived in NA or PAL. Who knows? Maybe the artbook for NA differs slightly? Doubt it, but I really just want to make up for spoiling my own unboxing of KH 1.5. It'd be a nice surprise to open it up and raise an eyebrow and then smile when I see art that's not in the PAL artbook.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

So far I've only spoiled myself on the message. I'll still probly cry tears of happiness when I open my copy. I won't be able to even play it till I get off work that night at 7, but I'll play it well into the night.

Or maybe those tears will be tiredness? Haha, no idea! XD

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

So far I've only spoiled myself on the message. I'll still probly cry tears of happiness when I open my copy. I won't be able to even play it till I get off work that night at 7, but I'll play it well into the night.

Or maybe those tears will be tiredness? Haha, no idea! XD

I requested off the 10th so that I wouldn't have to worry about working that day, lmao. I'm glad I did too. Can't wait to get home and immediately start up a file of Final Mix on Proud Mode.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I think carrying it around with me in my massive purse all day will keep me happy :)

I've never played a Final Mix, so I'm pretty stoked!

I've played 2FM, but the original FM is new to me. And I never beat the Japanese version of Re:CoM, so a large portion or that is also new to me.

I'm so stoked for this. The next three days are going to draaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

This was a sweet message. Almost sucks that some of the artwork advertised did not appear in the actual book, but I still like it and it's free anyway. Can't expect much from something free.

Xagzan

Awards

Wait, the book...is the case? And it's not even that great?

...think it's too late to cancel my preorder at Gamestop? Or at least switch to the normal edition?

ChibiHearts249

Awards

...think it's too late to cancel my preorder at Gamestop? Or at least switch to the normal edition?
I don't see why you'd wanna switch unless you had to pay extra to get it. But if you're unhappy, by all means, you should still be able to at least transfer the preorder money to the normal set.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If you ordered in-store and plan to pick it up, all you need to do is tell the cashier that you wish to switch from the LE to the standard and they will transfer your order to the other and you will get the standard in its plastic glory.

I don't see why you'd wanna switch unless you had to pay extra to get it. But if you're unhappy, by all means, you should still be able to at least transfer the preorder money to the normal set.

He doesn't like the book as a case, as his use of ellipses denoted. You might like it, a bunch of us hate it 8D

If I didn't already own the Japanese version with the standard game case, I'd probably be debating on switching as well. The only benefit of this LE is the letter and Sora sketch. The rest I can stare at in 1000x the quality on my computer.

Xagzan

Awards

^ Yeah, that. I don't know, I'm still contemplating. I watched the video, and it does have the outer box, so that's something, I guess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

^ Yeah, that. I don't know, I'm still contemplating. I watched the video, and it does have the outer box, so that's something, I guess.

It helps, but the game is still in the book. Whatever you decide, it won't be hard to keep or change the order so just keep that in mind.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yeah, it feels almost deceptive that they didn't say the artbook was the case or any kind of new case at all. I generally like standard plastic cases myself, though I always enjoy CE or LE cases too.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

I would've preferred it to be like my other cases, but I don't mind. I'm gonna get a bagillion more of those in the years to come, anyway :) And it's LE! Who doesn't want something unique? Even if I hate the whole thing, I shall still appreciate its uniqeness~

But I'm not saying that "everyone should like it and be happy! >:D"; I'm just sayin that we should be happy to get anything special at all! Besides, it's not mandatory, so like I said before: anyone should feel free to change it if they're displeased. I'm not doing a "KH is holier than thou" thing. Just saying how I feel.

I'm mostly just happy that I'm finally getting a FM AND LE! X3

PunksNotDead

So disappointed in this, i thought the art book would be a bit bigger and be separate from the game seeing as its a pre order bonus gift. I also think the disk would be more secure in an actual case rather than in the book.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

So disappointed in this, i thought the art book would be a bit bigger and be separate from the game seeing as its a pre order bonus gift. I also think the disk would be more secure in an actual case rather than in the book.

As we all hope, perhaps one day they will release a giant collective art book of images from the entire series after KH3 is released. In the mean time, these are the only kind of art books we'll have to enjoy. Not the greatest, but at least they're still pretty cool. A simpler than expected art book is better than no art book at all

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Yeah, it's kinda weird. BUT I guess we now know why some sites in different countries offer it as a Limited Edition instead of just a bonus. Usually preorder bonuses in my experience are separate from the games-even CE cases, and the last game I got that came in a digipack(which is what this sounds like) was the Collector's Edition for Lego Harry Potter, which was much more expensive.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Yeah, it's kinda weird. BUT I guess we now know why some sites in different countries offer it as a Limited Edition instead of just a bonus. Usually preorder bonuses in my experience are separate from the games-even CE cases, and the last game I got that came in a digipack(which is what this sounds like) was the Collector's Edition for Lego Harry Potter, which was much more expensive.

You never know. Sometimes the PAL and US versions of CE's are slightly different. Just look at the CE for FF XIII-2. Not saying that's even remotely the case for 1.5, but there could be some differences. The unboxing we saw was the PAL version.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Um, I can't think of a site right now but a translation could be done...when I have a bit more free time.

Ah! That would be amazing!!! Please take your time, I'm in no rush, I would just love to see that ^_^

That image does not work.

It was an image of the BbS CE.

Yeah, it'll probably happen. We can only hope that when it does, they release it worldwide rather than JUST Japan because come on. Globalization is impossible to ignore. I don't want to have to stalk my local Kinokuniya for it or pay a bunch of money importing it.

I don't keep up with the FF artbooks, but were they released in other territories besides Japan? I think that will give you the answer. I also really hope it is released over here too, Kinokuniya overprices sometimes so if they are too pricey, I'll resort to online <_<

Funny you say that. Though I do actually think the 1.5 artbook is really awesome (besides being the game case, since I agree with you on wanting the CE stuff separate from the physical disc) I actually liked the content of the BBS artbook a lot. But that's just me. Certain people are satisfied by one thing and that same thing would disappoint another.

Wow, you might be the only person I know who likes it. I applaud you for somehow stomaching it, I could not and although I have it. I keep it in the back of my KH bookcase, far from sight <_<

When I realize that its free, it does look pretty nice for something that's free. The cover of the original Sora artwork is really nice so I could get used to keeping that facing up on my book shelf, but the contents I don't like and it'll be annoying having to take the slip off and put the disc in the book, but it's free so I'll keep it. Can never get enough LE KH stuff (that's a lie btw...some LE KH stuff is positively crappy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back