• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We learned 3 months ago at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo that a special message and bonus artwork by Series Director Tetsuya Nomura would be included within the limited edition preorder concept artbook in western territories. Since then, many have been speculating what this message and artwork could be. Could he be teasing an upcoming announcement? Sharing a piece of information never before released to the public? The theories and possibilities went on and on.

As it turns out, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMix has broken street date in European territories, and many players have already picked up both the game and artbook from their local retailers. Of them is Youtube user HamadAlshitari, who has uploaded a video of his unboxing, where he shows off the message and artwork. The artwork is a brand new sketch of our spiky-haired protagonist Sora, and the message, available in both English and Japanese within the book, reads as follows:

Over 10 years have passed since we released the first KINGDOM HEARTS game. My only regret was never releasing KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX overseas, so I am very pleased to now give fans everywhere a chance to play it this time in its best format - full High-Definition.

Revisiting the first game, I don't think it feels like it a 10 year old game, despite some unrefined elements. Everything was a new experience for me back then. It was extremely challenging to create a completely new game system and series. However, I think KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX still feels like a new game because the passion of our creative efforts are still felt in the game itself to this day.

The KINGDOM HEARTS series would not have lasted this long without the incredible support from you, the fans. In response to your passion towards the KINGDOM HEARTS series, I will continue to create something you can all enjoy playing for the next several decades.

Tetsuya Nomura

Source: HamadAlshitari

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Tetsuya Nomura's Special Message + Bonus Sketch

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The message is soooo sweet though! And the new artwork! Nomura <3 Will follow the series until the end

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura&#039;s Special Message + Bonus Sketch

It's always pleasurable to see a guy who does something that people have become passionate for and has the same passion to keep doing it for the fans. A promise of several decades of the series is one hell of a promise.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

It's always pleasurable to see a guy who does something that people have become passionate for and has the same passion to keep doing it for the fans. A promise of several decades of the series is one hell of a promise.
Does this pretty much confirm that there will be a new saga after Xehanorts. Its black an white here but promises can be broken. Pretty ironic if he did break it considering the series is built from promises of the heart

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards

When Nomura said the series wouldn't end at KH3, I didn't think he meant Kingdom Hearts would continue for decades. Though he could just mean he'll make great games for decades. :B

And I thought I'd be disappointed if the art book was tiny and the size of the PS3 case, but I actually like how they've put it together. I was expecting a separate book with the average PS3 case, but this is a nice surprise. :D

reimeille

That's really sweet argh

I'm glad to know he did wish Final Mix released in the west earlier... It's the thought that counts I supposed, especially when we thought they didn't care until now.

I'll follow the series for as long as I live! I look forward to what the next decade has in store.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Does this pretty much confirm that there will be a new saga after Xehanorts. Its black an white here but promises can be broken. Pretty ironic if he did break it considering the series is built from promises of the heart

Nomura has confirmed multiple times that there would be a saga after the Xehanort saga.

Nomura On Kingdom Hearts 3's Development + Series Continuation - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Ahhh! That's an awesome message. IDK why, but I was kind of nervous he would announce something in the message, which would have been cool and all, but just announcing something new would have lost its novelty fast after we see that something new in person. Giving us an honest message of how he views the series is just so much more personable and I like it a lot better, but now I'm torn!!! DO I LOOK AT THE IMAGE (watch the unboxing video) or do I wait a few days...I GOTTA KEEP IT TOGETHER!!! WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS!!!

Gram

Banned
Awards

Awesome message =] and he's right it hardly feels 10yrs old.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

Ahhh! That's an awesome message. IDK why, but I was kind of nervous he would announce something in the message, which would have been cool and all, but just announcing something new would have lost its novelty fast after we see that something new in person. Giving us an honest message of how he views the series is just so much more personable and I like it a lot better, but now I'm torn!!! DO I LOOK AT THE IMAGE (watch the unboxing video) or do I wait a few days...I GOTTA KEEP IT TOGETHER!!! WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS!!!
I feel the same way! XD

I'm gonna hold up and wait until the 10th. After all; I've waited THIS long to finally play a Final Mix and get my hands on 1.5 in general, so a few days more shan't hurt me! ;D

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The message is soooo sweet though! And the new artwork! Nomura <3 Will follow the series until the end

That blows. Now I'm somewhat glad that I didn't end up pre-ordering the game to save some money.

van0033

dam why cant the street date be broken here 2?

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

Nomura has confirmed multiple times that there would be a saga after the Xehanort saga.

Nomura On Kingdom Hearts 3's Development + Series Continuation - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

I'm quick to forget things because so much information comes to this site that i forget articles and whatnot. A lot of the time I will blindly read though threads and forget what the topic is. Well at least this ensures us that his dedicated. Still can't believe it's only next Thursday

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I'm quick to forget things because so much information comes to this site that i forget articles and whatnot. A lot of the time I will blindly read though threads and forget what the topic is. Well at least this ensures us that his dedicated. Still can't believe it's only next Thursday
So close yet so far, right? :D

I'm so excited! I probly won't even get to play it that often, but I shall cherish my free time~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

dam why cant the street date be broken here 2?

It's happened in the past in Australia for other games. It is only a few days wait. I don't see the problem in waiting lol.

That blows. Now I'm somewhat glad that I didn't end up pre-ordering the game to save some money.

Yeah...If you don't usually care about stuff like this then it isn't worth the buy at all. And if you aren't really looking to play 1.5 right now, waiting for a price drop would probably be better too. I really do hope they try harder with 2.5 to make an artbook with a bit more going for it (mainly more unseen/rare art and no renders).

Well, commit this to memory lol

I don't think anybody could have ever doubted his dedication xD This was the first project that was all his own, and Sora is a very special character to Nomura.

van0033

It's happened in the past in Australia for other games. It is only a few days wait. I don't see the problem in waiting lol.

Actually i have another game that is preordered for the same day but the street date was broken and came out on Wednesday like 2 days ago. I am going to get it today seeming that i am inpatient that is why i dont want to wait for another 6 days lol

i will play it all night when i get it

Last edited by a moderator:

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

Actually i have another game that is preordered for the same day but the street date was broken and came out on Wednesday like 2 days ago. I am going to get it today seeming that i am inpatient that is why i dont want to wait for another 6 days lol

i will play it all night when i get it

Really if you think about it it isn't that much of a wait from america. From where I am now there is a +15 time difference from the east coast of america so that's only (48-15) 33 hours to wait after america gets their hands on it and a lot of that time will be spent sleeping anyway. Hopefully i don't have work. Going straight for Final mix platinum straight up. The anticipation!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I SOOO called that it wasn't going to be anything special and none of you believed me! :P

Kind of underwhelmed by the message... I mean, it's a nice, heartfelt message and whatnot, but he pretty much said this exact same thing back at E3. I kind of wish they just left the message as a surprise and NOT make it a part of the advertising for the artbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back