• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TFS Plays Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: TFS Plays Kingdom Hearts CoM

Seeing them struggle and curse at the final Ansem boss was the funniest thing I have watched in a while XD

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I don't know if they seen any of Re Com and assume it's like KH1 camera but Re Com was more Based off KH2 as it was originally with KH2 Final Mix. Plus I never beat the original COM, I beat Re COM so I enjoyed Re COM so not sure I ever go back (When I get 2.5 and 1.5 back).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't know if they seen any of Re Com and assume it's like KH1 camera but Re Com was more Based off KH2 as it was originally with KH2 Final Mix. Plus I never beat the original COM, I beat Re COM so I enjoyed Re COM so not sure I ever go back (When I get 2.5 and 1.5 back).

CoM is infinitely better than Re:CoM. You have missed out.

Re:CoM is clunky and the 3D visuals didn't translate well with the combat system. I can see what they are talking about.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Seeing them struggle and curse at the final Ansem boss was the funniest thing I have watched in a while XD

To be fair, I did the same thing the last time I played the game. Having not played the game for years, and then facing him severely under leveled on Proud was not the best time.

Re:CoM is clunky and the 3D visuals didn't translate well with the combat system. I can see what they are talking about.

I thoroughly enjoyed Re:CoM, but I agree, the original is better in most ways.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

In addition the fact it uses 2d sprites somewhat hides the fact that the Disney worlds are rehashes.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

In addition the fact it uses 2d sprites somewhat hides the fact that the Disney worlds are rehashes.

Oh totally. It wasn't until recently that I actually started reminiscing with these guys about Kingdom Hearts, that I realized they're using the same plots for a lot of the same worlds over and over again (My short term memory is bitch. I don't typically think about previous games with the newest game).

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Thanks to this thread I finally dowloaded an emulator and started playing the original CoM. I never finished the remake, it's just so dull, boring and looks really bleh, but this is something else. I love the pixel graphics and the gameplay feels much more fun. I love CoM's story, so I'm glad I can finally enjoy the game fully and hopefully will be able to finish it. The manga is still my favorite version of CoM though, it's just funny as heck. Oh man, really brings back memories from when the game came out and I was super bummed I didn't have a GBA. More than 10 years later I can finally play this!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I kinda gotta admit I prefer Re:CoM a lot over CoM.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

I kinda gotta admit I prefer Re:CoM a lot over CoM.

I think many people do, I was actually surprised to see this many opinions on the original being better. I've mostly heard the opposite, which is why I never gave it a chance until now. They have a different feel to them, not just the artstyle but also the way the gameplay flows and the retro music. It's also really different playing something on a console like PS2 or 3, than on a handheld or emulator. I've always liked handhelds a lot and love pixel games so it's right up my alley. Good thing we got Re:CoM here in the West too, so that there's different ways to experience the game, depending on what you like.

Kinda sucks though that now I'll probably never fully complete 1.5 as a whole :v

Inanis

I think a lot of opinions will be split on CoM and Re:CoM, for many reasons. Since I had played Kingdom Hearts on PS2 at least 6 times by the time Re:CoM came out on PS2 (I never had any Nintendo handhelds growing up), I was familiar with the less-than-optimal camera of the original and seeing it used again in the remake was not a drawback for me. I was just used to it. It would have been far more jarring to visually downgrade from KH1 to CoM then back to KHII...at least for me. I think CoM is fine for the TFS playthrough. It's actually nice to see the other side of the game without having to find a copy and play it myself.

I think we can all agree though - that whether it is CoM, Re:CoM, Unchained, or Unchained X - random draws are BS.

One playthrough I drew and collected a grand total of three cards over 7. Another playthrough I was swimming in 7+ cards and drew 3x "Elixir 9" cards in a single pack - want to guess which run I could have done with my hands behind my back?

Venx

I freaking died at 100 acre wood.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

[video=youtube;5Q9pWw-XTbY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9pWw-XTbY[/video]

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I freaking died at 100 acre wood.
The one aspect undeniably better in RE:CoM.

[video=youtube;5Q9pWw-XTbY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9pWw-XTbY[/video]

EDIT: Oh, opps.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

[video=youtube;C1WUabJZvGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1WUabJZvGU[/video]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Cant wait to see them to Reverse/Rebirth. I want to see their reaction to Repliku offing Zexion

Back