• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TGS 2022 - Can we expect any news here?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Katsagu

Awards
Hey everyone.

Just making a quick thread to ask the question on the title. TGS is happening during this next weekend, and I'm wondering if we may see some news, with the Missing Link beta supposedly happening this year, it seems we're bound for at least a trailer or something soon.

Their lineup doesn't have KH though:

But I'm not that familiar with how TGS usually goes for SE, if they make new announcements here or if they stick to the announced lineup.

Am I correct in thinking that, if something new appears, it would be tomorrow on the SE trailer lineup?

So yeah, just maybe looking for something to tone down my expectations, or if we can expect something, to point me to what days it might happen.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
I don't have any expectations. If anything, most likely a new trailer for Missing Link which I don't really care about. They said there won't be any KH4 news for a while, it's too soon to expect new info about it. They also said there wouldn't be many games between KH3 and KH4, only Melody of Memory and an unknown project which turned out to be Missing Link. A Remaster or Remake of a previous game would not really count as a new game, though.

They don't always stick to the lineup, so surprise announcements are indeed a possibility. I'm not expecting anything because there already are many upcoming Square Enix games to put the focus on, but who knows.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Maybe they'll do something for Missing Link? Honestly I'm not expecting anything major like KH4 anytime soon, they just announced it so I doubt they are in a position to show off too much of anything right now.

Katsagu

Awards
I'm honestly just hoping for Missing Link stuff. Dark Road is over and the beta is supposedly happening in the next 3 months.

sdr27

Awards
Can anyone please explain what a beta is.? it is close to being officially released? as far as KH4 goes, I'm not expecting anything until E3 at the earliest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can anyone please explain what a beta is.? it is close to being officially released? as far as KH4 goes, I'm not expecting anything until E3 at the earliest.
A beta is generally a game that is usually playable from start to finish with bugs and is close to being finished.

A beta test is when a game is in a playable pre-release state and players are allowed to test it out so the developers can stress test the servers, make sure the game is playable in a live environment, and track any bugs and errors that arise in that live environment. A game that is in beta can be close to being finished but not necessarily close to releasing. The hope is that it should be releasable, and generally developers will already have a release date set for the game when they do a beta, but I think for a mobile game there is a lot more flexibility with releasing it.

sdr27

Awards
A beta is generally a game that is usually playable from start to finish with bugs and is close to being finished.

A beta test is when a game is in a playable pre-release state and players are allowed to test it out so the developers can stress test the servers, make sure the game is playable in a live environment, and track any bugs and errors that arise in that live environment. A game that is in beta can be close to being finished but not necessarily close to releasing. The hope is that it should be releasable, and generally developers will already have a release date set for the game when they do a beta, but I think for a mobile game there is a lot more flexibility with releasing it.
thank you for the explanation. If everything goes as planned. We should be seeing ML soon. I'm excited about it, the writer for Heaveansward is writing it. The only assumption is that ML will have the story structure as Union Cross.

SuperNova

Awards
Outside of a surprise reveal/announcement, I am not expecting anything KH related at TGS.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The trailers were all old and no KH for anyone wondering. 10/4 is probably our next date of interest given the hidden message in the Dark Road Q&A.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, the stream is just three games: Forspoken, Star Ocean, and Crisis Core.
And the Crisis Core footage looks like it’s just the demo they already showed lol. Forspoken demo was interesting but… argh, I want to be excited for that game but it still hasn’t really sold me

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And the Crisis Core footage looks like it’s just the demo they already showed lol. Forspoken demo was interesting but… argh, I want to be excited for that game but it still hasn’t really sold me
I’m cautiously optimistic. It looks fun to play but the barren map (even with it having a canon explanation) is not a great design choice to me. The magic looks fantastic. The story is what I’m most worried about since it’s also what they seem to be showing the least of.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m cautiously optimistic. It looks fun to play but the barren map (even with it having a canon explanation) is not a great design choice to me. The magic looks fantastic. The story is what I’m most worried about since it’s also what they seem to be showing the least of.
Yeah, the combat is the only thing that looks really promising at the moment, but Stranger of Paradise also had stellar combat and failed to hold my interest through to the end, tbh. If Forspoken has a dopeass story, I will honestly forgive any rote empty open world exploration (see: FFXV). Story is clearly the part of the game they need to sell the most at this point, so it’s weird to me that they’re still exclusively focused on promo’ing gameplay. And it’s not like they don’t have confidence in it—some of the devs were really talking up the story in a recent interview. They said they weren’t sharing much cause they don’t want to spoil anything, but… idk, I’m underwhelmed.

Did they seriously only put FF7 Rebirth in their lineup because of trailer reuse?
Yup. And FFXVI lol

SuperNova

Awards
Wow, this has gotta be the most pointless Square TGS event in a long time. Forespoken looks cool at least.

Back