• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Thank you, to anyone who remembers me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Reading BlackOsprey's thread (that was released months ago, but didn't see until now), I was encouraged to state my own piece. Not sure how active these forums are now, and the people I've talked to back then are people I don't talk to anymore now. Regardless, this forum and series in general had somewhat of an impact on my life.

I registered to KHI when I was around 12-13 years old. After experiencing the aftermath of being bullied severely by a previous friend group, alongside struggling with childhood depression and trauma at the time (that I unfortunately still deal with today), I was pretty desperate to meet new friends. KH in general was already an escape; all I wanted to do was talk about it everyday and bond with others.

My time on here was... interesting to say the least. Incomprehensible theories, Facebook drama, political arguments, etc. I never fully conceptualized everything that happened back then and all of the crazy stuff that culminated during those years. My posts were always frequently short and I kept wondering how juvenile and childish my posts were back then. I had some communication and comprehension issues, so I was always excessively worried the stuff I said would unintentionally offend someone on a daily basis.

Now I'm 18 years old as of last month. I'd be lying if I said my life has drastically changed since then. Besides me being more mature and aware of all the issues around the world or course, ha. I'm still dealing with untreated depression, although I'm most likely getting antidepressants in the future, and I still struggle with social issues everyday. But I always remember this forum and the wacky, zany incidents that would happen almost weekly. I don't think I'll stop revisiting this forum every few years in a long while.

I don't know if anyone remembers me or if I made an impact at all, but to anyone who I've interacted with in the past:
Thank you for the experience I've had here and I wish the best for you. The staff especially, because the moderation always seemed to have heart and passion put into it.

Soldier

Awards
I don't remember interacting with you very much Bufferino, but I do vaguely recall you posting on one of my threads back in the day. In all honesty your story kind of sounds similar to mine, as I also had few friends and the ones that I did have defected to join the "popular kids" who considered a lot of my interests childish and obsolete. I wonder how different things would've been if I found this site back then.
Nonetheless, despite our short interactions, you will be missed by me.

Back