• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► ...that suicide is painless. It brings so many....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I don't think highly of counseling. I just think it's wise to attempt to try all the options before throwing yourself in front of guns.

Had counseling in High School.
Again, this isn't some random, spur of the moment descision.
Why do people seem to think that it's a new thought in my head that happened like 20 minutes ago?

I don't hate the military as much as the idea of being in it. I misspoke.

What's so bad about it?

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Had counseling in High School.
Again, this isn't some random, spur of the moment descision.
Why do people seem to think that it's a new thought in my head that happened like 20 minutes ago?

It's not that I think you haven't thought about it, so much as I feel like the conclusion that the best idea is to put your life in danger is the wrong one.

What's so bad about it?

I don't like being told what to do. And as I am not a very faithful person I don't think there's a thing I would die for.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
It doesn't matter how long you think about it, it's still something you have a high chance of deeply regretting.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
My logic is clear and concise, to stop everything bad ever, you stop everything period. But I'm straying.
Gtfo Kira.

So wait, you think the solution to all evil and war in the world is just to wipe everyone out.
So you sign up for the army, which is an organization that takes advantage of the evil of war to wipe everyone out, including yourself.
Am I understanding this correctly?

It's not that I think you haven't thought about it, so much as I feel like the conclusion that the best idea is to put your life in danger is the wrong one.
Having known and been delivered from the destruction and terrible side of war, I'd rather have nothing to do with it. I'd never sign up for the army.

Where's the fun in the Air force?
I dunno. If you become something tech-involved, you get to be paid and part of the Air Force without the dying from being shot in the air part :D

The Marines intrigues me. I might have joined if it wasn't for the fact:
- I'd only be going in hopes of a strict workout routine.
- I hate being told what to do by people I don't know.
- I hate dying.

Last edited:

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
all military is a tool to the government,
but the most direct is of course the army,
which i question anyone joining, unless they really
think that, that's the life for them. Ragione is right,
most guys that come back from the Army, are literally
fucked up, and i mean FUCKED UP!!! like you can just see
it in their eyes, or the constant dodge in shell shock.
You most likely will regret it as Ragione pointed out, and
there are far more things to do as Vice pointed out.

Find a good paying job, and travel the world or some shit.
that could be interesting in my opinion

Shade737

Silver Member
My reasons not to join the army.

I hate dying
I hate having someone else control my life when I'm already an adult.
I hate the fact that if I die most of the people that I died for won't even know who I am.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Which is why it's not your descision.

I don't like being told what to do. And as I am not a very faithful person I don't think there's a thing I would die for.

Then do as you will, but I'll feel sorry for your children.

It doesn't matter how long you think about it, it's still something you have a high chance of deeply regretting.

Nope. What's to regret?
It'll be the first time in my life I'll be happy.

Gtfo Kira.

kira_dakara.jpg

So wait, you think the solution to all evil and war in the world is just to wipe everyone out.
So you sign up for the army, which is an organization that takes advantage of the evil of war to wipe everyone out, including yourself.
Am I understanding this correctly?

Bluntly put, yes.

Having known and been delivered from the destruction and terrible side of war, I'd rather have nothing to do with it. I'd never sign up for the army.

That's your descision, which I support.

I dunno. If you become something tech-involved, you get to be paid and part of the Air Force without the dying from being shot in the air part :D

I don't trust that.

‡ƵionΡhnӾ‡;3698158 said:
all military is a tool to the government,
but the most direct is of course the army.

The military?
It's not just the military.
It's business, schools, even down to civilians.

Yes, that's right. Even civilians are tools of the government. No matter how hard you try, how you try to escape, the system has you. The only time you're not a tool is before you'er 18. Once that happens all that's left is deciding the kind of tool you are.

which i question anyone joining, unless they really
think that, that's the life for them. Ragione is right,
most guys that come back from the Army, are literally
fucked up, and i mean FUCKED UP!!! like you can just see
it in their eyes, or the constant dodge in shell shock.

1. Seems a sight more better than sitting here doing nothing.
2. You watch too much tv. Not all army vets are like that. In fact, that deals mostly with the Vietnam survivors.
3. My dad is nothing like the vets you see on tv.

You most likely will regret it as Ragione pointed out

Ragione is wrong. I've only seen people who regret not going back [for those who didn't re-enlist]
My grandfather said that he wouldn't trade a day of it for the world.
Who am I going to believe?
My father and grandfather, or the biased opinion of someone who hasn't been in the army?

Find a good paying job, and travel the world or some shit.
that could be interesting in my opinion

I'll be doing that with the army.
~

Hell, chances are, I won't even go to Iraq. That's nowhere near my job. What's a Graphic Designer going to do in a batlefield? Draw terrorists to death?

Worst case scenario, I die.
I'm MORE likely to die here than in Iraq.

I die, then it's all over. My mom buries me and it's as if nothing changed for me.
Whether I live or die. I won't say I don't care, because I do, but if it's my time, then it's my time.
period.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
but by joining the army, you possibly shave decades off the time you have left.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Just let the man do his thing.

If he wants to join the Army, that is what he wants. Don't criticize his decision.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
I really respect you Karate.
i come from a family thats been in the army. and i will be there once i finish school so the closet i get to it is by my ROTC class.
I wish you luck my friend

@Thor. if your in america and dont even think american has some reason why its worth dieing for then Get The Fuck Out!

New2Ya

I'm lost...
@Thor. if your in america and dont even think american has some reason why its worth dieing for then Get The Fuck Out!
I cant really understand what you're saying here, seen the awful grammar, but I think you mean to say:

"If you're in America and don't even believe America is worth dying for, then GTFO."

If that is the case, I feel sorry for the patriotism you're surrounded in. However, if it wasn't for people like you, people like me would have to go to the army, which I would refuse.

Glad I live in a country where you don't have to go to the army.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
but by joining the army, you possibly shave decades off the time you have left.

Is no one listening to what I'm saying? I guess I have to point it out more vibrantly:

Living here in Pittsburgh, I'm MORE likely to get shot and killed than in Iraq. People shoot at the buses everyday. At ANY point during the day, my life is more at risk than if I were to leave the country.

I know a man who wasn't shot UNTIL he got back in Pittsburgh. Joining the Army isn't changing my lifespan. If I die in Iraq, it was because I was supposed to die in Iraq.

Being that I'm black, I didn't expect to live to 18 when I was 12.
I didn't exect to live to 21until I hit 21.
I don't expect to hit 40.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Karate, can you please close this thread?

I have a strong feeling someone will get banned.

(Sudden flashback to days with PMF and Vat 13 arguments) Eh, I was KINDA right...

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
just cause i love my country i get bitched at by a bunch of fuckers

it's clear that you love it only because you live there.

sure, I love america too, but I realize that a lot of decisions we've made were wrong.

you probably sung the bush administration's praises, amirite?

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
if i get banned for standing up for what i believe then so be it
Jesus Christ, please take this argument somewhere else. This thread is about Karate and his decision to enter the army. Your opinion doesn't matter and is not needed because he has made his decision and has told us why and that's final.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Jesus Christ, please take this argument somewhere else. This thread is about Karate and his decision to enter the army. Your opinion doesn't matter and is not needed because he has made his decision and has told us why and that's final.

ya ur right

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I really respect you Karate.
i come from a family thats been in the army. and i will be there once i finish school so the closet i get to it is by my ROTC class.
I wish you luck my friend

thank you

He can't.
What people fail to realize is that America isn't just America; it's everyone. America is the world and the world is America.

America is made up of citizens from everywhere. And they make their voices heard to the people in office in America. Regardless of how others look at it, America does for others.

I'm not saying that America doesn't do for itself too. It's more like a "I'll help you, but since I'm here, I'll help myself"

If that is the case, I feel sorry for the patriotism you're surrounded in. However, if it wasn't for people like you, people like me would have to go to the army, which I would refuse.

Glad I live in a country where you don't have to go to the army.

And that's a choice respected by America. America is about having your cake and eating it too.

Charlie K

Back in Business
If I don't know what I'm going to do by the time I've graduated, I'm doin the same. Good luck. Maybe my cousin will save your ass from terorist, or maybe the other way around. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back