• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 13th Vessel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
wouldnt anyone connnected to xehanort be able to travel to any point in time that xehanort exists in.....? or can only one person travel through time at a time

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Xion?? i would hope not, but Nomura can do anything with this game so we never really know.I believe the 13th spot will go to Vanitas. if Ventus wakes up in KH3 im thinking Vanitas will too and join the 13.

Nomura is the world's greatest troll.

As for Vanitas being #13: I can agree he is a Darkness, but that he isn't going to be #13. He is probably one of the hooded figures already in Where Nothing Gathers, time traveled to the present by YX (That scene in La Cité des Cloches where Vanitas appears next to YX could have been YX bringing Vanitas to WNG. He just decided to make a pit stop and talk to Sora :D). This means he is VI, VIII, IX, X, XI, or XII on my list (Saïx/Isa took back his #VII spot).

I'm betting he's VIII, seeing as that used to be the seat of Axel-who was the Organization's Assassin. I can see Vanitas serving a similar role for the Darknesses.

This still leaves XIII open.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

As for Vanitas being #13: I can agree he is a Darkness, but that he isn't going to be #13. He is probably one of the hooded figures already in Where Nothing Gathers, time traveled to the present by YX (That scene in La Cité des Cloches where Vanitas appears next to YX could have been YX bringing Vanitas to WNG. He just decided to make a pit stop and talk to Sora :D). This means he is VI, VIII, IX, X, XI, or XII on my list (Saïx/Isa took back his #VII spot).

I'm betting he's VIII, seeing as that used to be the seat of Axel-who was the Organization's Assassin. I can see Vanitas serving a similar role for the Darknesses.

Sora still could be used as the thirteenth vessel as Yen Sid said that there were seven fragments of light, which I thought were the Seven Princesses of Hearts. So, if it is going by this way, Sora, Mickey, Riku, Lea, Kairi, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas and Xion, that would mean that would be nine people protecting Kingdom Hearts as the seven fragments of light. If you take Sora and Ventus out that only leaves seven. So, if Ventus and Sora are the thirteenth member that would complicate things as two can't have the same number, right?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
wouldnt anyone connnected to xehanort be able to travel to any point in time that xehanort exists in.....? or can only one person travel through time at a time

If Vanitas wants to travel to the present, his own heart has to exist within a physical body. There's plenty of room for speculation here, given how he both discarded his body and had his heart even more destroyed than Ven's.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
If Vanitas wants to travel to the present, his own heart has to exist within a physical body. There's plenty of room for speculation here, given how he both discarded his body and had his heart even more destroyed than Ven's.

Well, it could be that Vanitas already had something planned. Remember his appearance took on Sora's from KH2 in BBS once Ven connected his heart to Sora's. So, perhaps Ven's heart isn't the only one resting in Sora's and possibly Vanitas is lurking somewhere still in Ven's waiting to take control. After all, they both came from the same body. What's to say he can't take control?

Arpack

Awards
That's actual a good point, but i don't think that's likely considering ven put a stop to him in bbs....

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well, that doesn't mean that Vanitas could have taken another vessel after his fight with Ven in BBS. Plus, since Riku and Sora were inside of a dream in KH3D, many of the members we saw could have just been dream versions of each of the members.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, that doesn't mean that Vanitas could have taken another vessel after his fight with Ven in BBS. Plus, since Riku and Sora were inside of a dream in KH3D, many of the members we saw could have just been dream versions of each of the members.

Vanitas was destroyed at the end of BBS. Ventus rejected their fusion and destroyed the X-blade which led to the near-destruction of their hearts, as Vanitas warned before the fight. So if anything Vanitas should have been at least in the same bad shape as Ventus was in the end (if not even worse, cuz you know he actually lost that battle and Ven cut him a new one with his Wayward Wind), so he should not be capable of taking another vessel on his own.

Actually, the World that never was in the end of Dream Drop Distance and everything that took place after Riku defeated Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, was in the real world, not the Dream realm.
The gathering of the new Organisation took place in the real world.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Vanitas was destroyed at the end of BBS. Ventus rejected their fusion and destroyed the X-blade which led to the near-destruction of their hearts, as Vanitas warned before the fight. So if anything Vanitas should have been at least in the same bad shape as Ventus was in the end (if not even worse, cuz you know he actually lost that battle and Ven cut him a new one with his Wayward Wind), so he should not be capable of taking another vessel on his own.

Actually, the World that never was in the end of Dream Drop Distance and everything that took place after Riku defeated Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, was in the real world, not the Dream realm.
The gathering of the new Organisation took place in the real world.

I'm actually confused. How was The World That Never Was set in the real world? Wasn't that world still asleep?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm actually confused. How was The World That Never Was set in the real world? Wasn't that world still asleep?

The World that never was is not one of the seven worlds that needs to be awakened. Worlds that are already awake can also dream, and Sora was inside an induced dream about The World thatt never was instead of the real thing while Riku was INSIDE Sora's dream.

It works like this:

1. Sora enters the World that never was (this is the real one!).
2. Xigbar shows up and babbles stuff.
3. Young Xehanort shows up and makes his "come with me"-stuff.
4. Sora falls asleep, anything after that Sora experiences is a dream.
5. After Young Xehanort's mindfuckery in the Traverse Town with various Sora's, Sora tries to open a door Pluto vanished through and is cast into another dream inside his own dream (a second dream layer, like in the movie Inception).
6. When Sora finally remembers his encounter with Aqua, Ansem SoD shows up to prevent Riku from waking Sora up, casting Sora back into sleep and towards Xigbar (the my friends are my power stuff follows).

As for Riku:

1. Riku enters the World that never was (this is the dream one, in fact Sora's dream).
2. Riku finds Sora sleeping in that bubble, seeing how he's trapped inside his dreams, following the pain of those connected to him weakening his heart in the process.
3. Anti Black Coat shows up, the Nightmare-counterpart to the Riku-spirit (as Riku has become a Spirit Dream Eater inside Sora's dreams) and Riku trashes it.
4. Riku wonders why defeating the ABC didn't wake Sora up.
5. Ansem SoD makes his entrance, explaining most of the above stuff and Sora's double nightmare, and again tries to get Riku open to darkness.
6. Riku defeats Ansem and pops up at Memory's Skyscraper. The World's logo appears again (now we are in the REAL The World that never was).
7. Riku enters the castle, meets up with Mickey and all the Xehanort stuff happens as well as Lea, Donald and Goofy showing up later.

---

Notice how TWTNW also has no sleeping keyhole to unlock. Both Sora and Riku already unlocked seven sleeping Keyholes by then:

1. Traverse 1st
2. La Cité des Cloches
3. Prankster's Paradise
4. The Grid
5. Traverse 2nd
6. Country of the Musketeers
7. Symphony of Sorcery

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It is confusing.

But here's how it went:

The Darknesses bring Sora out of the Realm of Sleep and take him to WNG, to greet Xehanort's ressurrection. Riku came out of the RoS there because that's where Sora was.

The reason neither appear in their KH2 versions is because that was Yen Sid's magic. They would not return to their current forms until they returned to the Mysterious Tower. Their bodies themselves went with them, they didn't leave them behind. This also explains why Mickey, Lea, Donald, and Goofy were able to show up.

That Scene happens. Then, the Darknesses dissappear, and Riku and the others take Sora back to MT, where Riku then dives into Sora to wake his heart up.

Got it memorized? :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, it's still puzzling. So, Sora was trapped inside the World That Never Was' reality while Riku was in the World That Never Was' dream?

Not exactly, I tried to make it in as few steps as possible above, but lets see if I get it even shorter:

Sora:

1. arrives first at the REAL TWTNW.
2. is sent to sleep by Young Xehanort, everything after this Sora experiences is a dream.
3. His conversations with Young Xehanort and the Traverse Town with many Sora's is the first Dream layer. (the one where Riku is as well).
4. All the encounters with the people in torment (Naminé, Xion, Roxas and Ventus) is in the second Dream layer.
5. Sora does not wake up until the tea party in Yen Sid's tower at the end.

Riku:

1. arrives frist at Sora's dream TWTNW (first dream layer)
2. Defeats Ansem inside Sora's dreams and comes to the real World that never was.
3. The whole stuff in the throne room happens.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Not exactly, I tried to make it in as few steps as possible above, but lets see if I get it even shorter:

Sora:

1. arrives first at the REAL TWTNW.
2. is sent to sleep by Young Xehanort, everything after this Sora experiences is a dream.
3. His conversations with Young Xehanort and the Traverse Town with many Sora's is the first Dream layer. (the one where Riku is as well).
4. All the encounters with the people in torment (Naminé, Xion, Roxas and Ventus) is in the second Dream layer.
5. Sora does not wake up until the tea party in Yen Sid's tower at the end.

Riku:

1. arrives frist at Sora's dream TWTNW (first dream layer)
2. Defeats Ansem inside Sora's dreams and comes to the real World that never was.
3. The whole stuff in the throne room happens.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
So true, but regarding the issue of this third. Will Sora or perhaps someone else become the thirteenth Nobody? I mean, Master Xehanort set his eyes on Sora since Roxas was the thirteenth member of the Organization prior.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
So true, but regarding the issue of this third. Will Sora or perhaps someone else become the thirteenth Nobody? I mean, Master Xehanort set his eyes on Sora since Roxas was the thirteenth member of the Organization prior.
Knowing MX, he'll probably keep an eye an Sora, so long as Sora's burden of the torment he carries threatens the safety of his own self-awareness. That being said, the 13th vessel will almost surely be someone else.

I guess the point I'm getting across is that MX likes to have as many options as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back