• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Ask-a-Mod Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

2 quid is good

Awards
I'll go ahead and be transparent here: I lost my baby boy last month. I've been grieving and trying to return to work and life just isn't what it was since he's been gone. I don't want to quit being a mod here, but I'll honestly probably be absent for a minute while I try and figure out life.
Oh man, I am so unbelievably sorry for your loss, I really wish nobody ever had to feel this pain. I wish that anything anybody could do to make you feel better happens.

Soldier

Awards
I'll go ahead and be transparent here: I lost my baby boy last month. I've been grieving and trying to return to work and life just isn't what it was since he's been gone. I don't want to quit being a mod here, but I'll honestly probably be absent for a minute while I try and figure out life.
The pain of losing a loved one, even your own flesh and blood is unimaginably painful and no parent should have to bury their child. If you ever want to vent, I'm willing to lend a sympathetic ear through messages. I can't say the despair over my sister is the same as your despair, but it's as close as I can get.

Unrelated, but a professional hacker essentially put up his resume on here and created a thread for that explicit reason. Should we be worried about that?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Soldier, report them immediately. Especially if it's in a profile message. Someone will kill it tho it's been slower than usual.

I'll have to look but there has got to be a way to stop new members from making threads and profile messages; I think it's come to that to help quell the spammer flood.

[Edit] Looks like it can be done with plugins + make a New User group and have freshly registered people land in that one, then you can set permissions so they can't make threads until a certain number of posts. (I REALLY think we should take that from the old RPGamer forums to shut them down.) Tell the admin to check here: XF2addons.com. Hopefully that will help for I think I speak for a lot of people in saying it's getting tiresome to report 5-6 spambots making a mess every morning. I think they're sensing there's blood in the water so they're all jumping in the pool right now, which is why we're seeing more of them.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
God, I am so sorry Max. That's awful. I hope you're getting all the support you need right now, and please don't feel obligated to do anything over here. Please just take good care of yourself.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
My heart wanes to the very depths for you and my condolences are equally as vast, I can't even begin to imagine. Please, keep friends and family as close as you can right now and take all the time that you need. I am deeply sorry for your loss and I'll add you into my prayers friend.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
1660922923015.pngThought I'd ask. Seems the twitter embed on the landing page is bugging up major for me. I don't know if it's Firefox or you..Basically it's showing a lot of tweets and no scrollbar. What's up?

BTW, that screenshot kinda shows it but it goes further down the page than that. If it's a bug let me know. Also it shows up on all skins. I'm at the point I may ask for a greasemonkey script on Reddit just to fix that..

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Is there anyway I can disable the twitter feed on my toolbar? That jonce looking long af, giving me an uncomfortably long scroll to the bottom of the browser. It doesn't seem to matter if you use IE, Mozilla, Chrome, or Safari.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Just Dari; that's what's happening to me! Most of the time it is as long as long can be these days. OCCASIONALLY it goes back to having a scrollbar but it's mostly halfway down the page. What the fudge! I'm asking around now to get help with Greasemonkey and I'll post the script, but you shouldn't have to do that. I hope you guys can figure out what the fudge is going on here!

**So okay I'm LDS and I don't seriously cuss but..this is making a saint wanna swear.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
At least put the latest posts section above the feed, as that's what I'm always looking for anyway.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I got us a temp fix guys. MIND THIS IS A BANDAID. It does not solve the underlying problem. You will need to install either Greasemonkey or Violentmonkey or some extension that runs greasemonkey scripts to make this work. Oh and big hugs to the author from Bluegartr, Bardicrune, for writing this. He also said that if you don't like the horizontal scrollbar, edit it to add overflow-x: hidden !important; to the end (Can verifiy that works as you can see in the screen; I just wanted the vertical scrollbar back so it wasn't so darn long~!). You can also edit the 700pix to be shorter if you like.

KHUX Twitter Feed Limiter

I only know Violentmonkey, but I added it by hand by getting into the settings and hitting the + button at the top, then pasting it myself into a new script. You may just be able to install it from Pastebin as well.
1661205096489.png
Here's a screenshot of this greasemonkey script in action. I figured I'd have to erm, get greasy to fix this for the moment until whoever is in charge of coding can kick it. I do consider a greasemonkey running extension essential as it is since there's some scripts I like. :)

Also one of the mods over there is really really good at coding, I'll poke him and see if I can get ye mods a fix which I'll PM to you guys so we don't have to get greasy to fix it!

Last edited:

Edmunds

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I got us a temp fix guys. MIND THIS IS A BANDAID. It does not solve the underlying problem. You will need to install either Greasemonkey or Violentmonkey or some extension that runs greasemonkey scripts to make this work. Oh and big hugs to the author from Bluegartr, Bardicrune, for writing this. He also said that if you don't like the horizontal scrollbar, edit it to add overflow-x: hidden !important; to the end (Can verifiy that works as you can see in the screen; I just wanted the vertical scrollbar back so it wasn't so darn long~!). You can also edit the 700pix to be shorter if you like.

KHUX Twitter Feed Limiter

I only know Violentmonkey, but I added it by hand by getting into the settings and hitting the + button at the top, then pasting it myself into a new script. You may just be able to install it from Pastebin as well.
View attachment 15627
Here's a screenshot of this greasemonkey script in action. I figured I'd have to erm, get greasy to fix this for the moment until whoever is in charge of coding can kick it. I do consider a greasemonkey running extension essential as it is since there's some scripts I like. :)

Also one of the mods over there is really really good at coding, I'll poke him and see if I can get ye mods a fix which I'll PM to you guys so we don't have to get greasy to fix it!
I went ahead and added this line to the CSS, thanks!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
No problem Edmunds and I'll pass it onto Bardicrune. I was just trying to find a temp fix until you could figure out what broke; I suspect that what happened was the script the board was using broke with a Twitter update, thereby infuriating everyone. :)

Thank heaven for my friends on Bluegartr!~ And I'd say it was a KH kinda way to fix it. ^^ Ask friends.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hey if I’m posting a theory about how a family tree is still able to work within my fanfiction which connected a different character to that same family tree and want feedback on it where should I post it in the fanfiction forum or in the general forum.

Alexxio M.

Awards
I can’t do profile posts anymore for some reason the reply window doesn’t show up. I tried refreshing the page but still nothing shows up. What should I do?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I was going to ask for the Old Timer trophy on my own later this month or next month, but I got a notification that I received it automatically. It doesn't appear in the list of awards you can choose to display though... I suppose maybe it'll appear on the 4th, since that's technically the date I registered (from what it says under my username)? Strange, you'd have thought the notification wouldn't have happened until the 4th then?

EDIT: Just got another notification, thank you to whoever. :p

Last edited:
Back