• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Avengers Project - Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal; more info in 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
v1gkjyjrbs331.jpg

Wow, they are not messing around. Seems like they will make changes.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
v1gkjyjrbs331.jpg

Wow, they are not messing around. Seems like they will make changes.

That’s awesome if true. A lot of SE’s future financial success depends on this and FFVII, so it’s good they’re listening. They can’t afford for it to be a flop.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank goodness. Those character designs are really not good. Bruce is fine, but the rest need changing.

Also the only way to rectify this situation is to just reveal Kamala since she is rumored to be the actual main hero.

I’m not sure why they are playing it safe when it’s been pretty clear that not playing it safe is what made people like Marvel’s Spider-Man, or on the film end it’s why people were excited about Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Sony’s Into the Spider-Verse and Venom.

They didn’t need to try and sell us on the original Avengers. We already know them and like them and have liked them for over 10 years.

Imagine if they had revealed Kamala during the conference rather than fucking Hank Pym hahaha The news would have been way more positive.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah I feel like the characters designs kind of look awful. I'm also not really digging how much they're leaning on the MCU. This is a new Universe they should be drawing from the various source materials, just like the movies are, to craft their own thing.

I'm quite a comic book fan, but this isn't really doing anything for me. It feels more like a bad movie tie in game than it's own thing.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I felt like I was watching a trailer for a marvel mobile game. Bruce was fine but the rest felt out of place. I really hope they find a middle ground to match people’s expectations all while keeping their interpretations of these characters.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Agreed to everyone else. I was pretty disappointed, I guess I just expected more. There's definitely something about the models that's just... off.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem. The models definitely look rough and unfinished. We're nearing the end of the PlayStation 4/Xbox One lifecycle yet this looks like a late PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 game. It really doesn't help that it also gives an outdated Avengers 2012 impression when Avengers Endgame is still fresh in everybody's mind.

Maybe if they showed the actual gameplay would've helped.

Oh yeah, that definitely would have helped. The gameplay is being shown behind closed doors right now which is baffling, to say the least.

Also the only way to rectify this situation is to just reveal Kamala since she is rumored to be the actual main hero.

Imagine if they had revealed Kamala during the conference rather than fucking Hank Pym hahaha The news would have been way more positive.

I love Kamala Khan but it would break my heart to see her be revealed to look as visually unappealing as The Avengers. I want my first impression of Kamala Khan in this game to be good.

At least with the reveal of Hank Pym, we know that the game's story is not trying to imitate the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Yeah I feel like the characters designs kind of look awful. I'm also not really digging how much they're leaning on the MCU. This is a new Universe they should be drawing from the various source materials, just like the movies are, to craft their own thing.

I'm quite a comic book fan, but this isn't really doing anything for me. It feels more like a bad movie tie in game than it's own thing.

It's funny, this game is obviously pulling inspiration from The Ultimates Avengers (a 2000 relaunch of The Avengers when they were called The Ultimates to sell the team to the audience of the noughties).

5446966-2078429044-Ultim.jpg

That seems cool at face value until you realise that there's just one major problem with pulling inspiration from The Ultimates... The Marvel Cinematic Universe beat Square Enix to the punch. So because of that, this game has ended up looking like a dated movie tie-in video game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It's funny, this game is obviously pulling inspiration from The Ultimates Avengers (a 2000 relaunch of The Avengers when they were called The Ultimates to sell the team to the audience of the noughties).

5446966-2078429044-Ultim.jpg

That seems cool at face value until you realise that there's just one major problem with pulling inspiration from The Ultimates... The Marvel Cinematic Universe beat Square Enix to the punch. So because of that, this game has ended up looking like a dated movie tie-in video game.

Hm... the Ultimates don't really strike me as a good primary source. Like there are some ideas you can take from there to help update the characters, but unless it's Spider-Man i wouldn't rely on that line of comics too much.

The MCU did well by mixing and matching between the mainline and Ultimates. I was just kinda hoping SE would do the same, while trying to be original, like how the cartoon "Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes" was.

I think part of what gives it the MCU feel for me is the line up. I get that now nearly 10 years after Avengers, the line up is a bit more iconic, but to me, the avenger line up has always been more flexible then the Justice League. Like why is Black Widow as the sole female hero still a thing?

Also I'm a bit nervous about them doing Kamala. Love the character, but find most writers that aren't Willow Wilson aren't great at writing her.

SomeKHFan

Awards
I've heard some people who got to see actual footage of the gameplay behind closed doors wonder why they didn't show it at E3 as it was pretty good apparently.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've heard some people who got to see actual footage of the gameplay behind closed doors wonder why they didn't show it at E3 as it was pretty good apparently.

The game is still a year out so they don’t want to give any wrong impressions if they happen to change the gameplay later on.

Thing is, they were worried about the wrong thing xD

Back