• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Beast of Silent Springs -A Horror RP Idea-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Okay, so I've been thinking over this idea for a while and I really hope you guys enjoy it too.

The Beast of Silent Springs is a creature based horror roleplay that takes place in the town known as Silent Springs. This, as expected in this genre, is far from your typical town. One ritual in particular involves the awakening of a foretold beast that thrives in the dark, bringing to the town everlasting darkness and endless night. The town also had the reputation of being a great tourist attraction back in the day, but tourists would always be missing the next day. The cursed beast, however, is released the one night the citizens do not provide a sacrifice.

Everyone who joins the roleplay plays the role of a tourist visiting the town at the time of the failing of the ritual. The tourists know little about the town of Silent Springs and the legend that surrounds it. However, I will not be taking the role of a tourist.

I will take the role of the beast.

The beast, as expected, has strengths well above that of humans and various abilities that allow it to survive. The creature will be revealed throughout the roleplay as to help keep the beast enigmatic. As the creature is developed, I will keep a template listing its abilities and appearance, for you (and me) to be able to quickly reference anything needed to be known about the beast.

In order to survive, you must either face the beast and kill it or find a way to escape the city unscathed... or at least in one piece. And don't worry, I WILL keep it fair.

If you wish to learn more, feel free to ask. If you also want to contribute (or criticize :p), everything is welcome.

Template
Name:
Age: I'd prefer at least for the character to be of 12 years of age, if you could.
Gender: Male/Female/Both (I don't judge. There ARE people like that, you know.)
Appearance: Pictures or a paragraph or so would be acceptable
Personality:
Equipment: (You are to keep track of what you have over the course of the RP. Things you cannot start with are, but not limited to:
-Firearms
-First Aid Kits
-Ammunition
-Any form of medieval weaponry, including katanas, swords, spears, )
Biography: (Things recommended to include: -A brief (or long) history on your childhood
-Anything of significance you feel has happened to you over the course of your life
-Why you have chosen to come to (or possibly live in) the town of Silent Springs)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I may take part in this, however, being my first roleplay, I don't want to ruin it. Would it be fine if I created a new character specifically for this roleplay? I've seen people bring in characters from other roleplays, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
I may take part in this, however, being my first roleplay, I don't want to ruin it. Would it be fine if I created a new character specifically for this roleplay? I've seen people bring in characters from other roleplays, so I don't really know what I'm doing.
...That's kind of why I put a character template at the bottom. Anyway, you can either post your character here, or just make it on a Word document or something and save it if/when I make a sign-up/OOC (Out of Character) thread. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me either here or send me a visitor message.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
You make it, I join it. I've seen these movies quite often so I know that I want to join in on one.

But I do have a question. What about things like pocket or hunting knives? I ask because I know people that walk around with hunting knives in their sheaths, and I always walk around with two pocket knives of my own.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
You make it, I join it. I've seen these movies quite often so I know that I want to join in on one.

But I do have a question. What about things like pocket or hunting knives? I ask because I know people that walk around with hunting knives in their sheaths, and I always walk around with two pocket knives of my own.
I can imagine a person having a pocket knife, maybe a hunting knife. I'll allow it, as long as it isn't one that can emit fire or has electricity or anything. Make it a Swiss Army knife, if you want.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Is this a planning thread for the roleplay, or the signups thereof?

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Is this a planning thread for the roleplay, or the signups thereof?
This is just a planning thread, but feel free to post your character up here for safe-keeping. I just posted it up in case the template would be a deciding factor for anyone. It is subject to change, however, so be ready to make some changes if you decide to post it up.

Oh, and if anyone wishes to provide a map, feel free to make one. Otherwise, I'll make the map, but it probably won't be the best.

And for everyone who has shown interest in this RP, I have to say thank you. :)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Will I be able to participate even if I don't have my character up until tomorrow?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Name: David Yarter
Appearance: 6'8", a not-too muscular but athletic body, short, dark-blond hair, almost brown, blue eyes, five'o'clock shadow, usually wearing a black coat, grey hood, black boots, and black jeans, but was wearing a long, white wife beater, his jeans and Nike shoes as his evening clothes.
Personality: Passionate, kind and full of suppressed anger. He is known to get drunk and if the right thing happens, he can get depressed. He cares about those around him and is willing to cooperate with whoever he needs to in order to survive.
Equipment: A 44. Magnum revolver with one bullet he's "saving" for something, a dull army knife he's had since he was a child, and a golden "brass" knuckle he was given by a gang member who was his childhood friend.

Okay, so I may have basically took my character from a story I was working on and fleshed him out. I haven't done this before, but it'll fit the story just fine, I can work on the character in one book and his actions in the other, maybe a mix of both, I don't know.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Definitely interested, I'll be making a character as soon as an official sign up thread is made.
Considering there is now five people (feigning) interest, I'll definitely be posting a sign-up thread pretty soon. Whether it be today, tomorrow, or later is dependent upon the map that I'm working on.
Name: David Yarter
Appearance: 6'8", a not-too muscular but athletic body, short, dark-blond hair, almost brown, blue eyes, five'o'clock shadow, usually wearing a black coat, grey hood, black boots, and black jeans, but was wearing a long, white wife beater, his jeans and Nike shoes as his evening clothes.
Personality: Passionate, kind and full of suppressed anger. He is known to get drunk and if the right thing happens, he can get depressed. He cares about those around him and is willing to cooperate with whoever he needs to in order to survive.
Equipment: A 44. Magnum revolver with one bullet he's "saving" for something, a dull army knife he's had since he was a child, and a golden "brass" knuckle he was given by a gang member who was his childhood friend.

Okay, so I may have basically took my character from a story I was working on and fleshed him out. I haven't done this before, but it'll fit the story just fine, I can work on the character in one book and his actions in the other, maybe a mix of both, I don't know.
The only problem I have with the character is starting with the revolver and ammunition. It was said in the first post these two things were not allowed, so as long as those are out of the picture, then your character will be accepted.

And for those who are bound to ask, I'm more than willing to split GM (Game Master) powers between someone, so just say something about it and I'll consider you an option.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Considering there is now five people (feigning) interest, I'll definitely be posting a sign-up thread pretty soon. Whether it be today, tomorrow, or later is dependent upon the map that I'm working on.

The only problem I have with the character is starting with the revolver and ammunition. It was said in the first post these two things were not allowed, so as long as those are out of the picture, then your character will be accepted.

And for those who are bound to ask, I'm more than willing to split GM (Game Master) powers between someone, so just say something about it and I'll consider you an option.

Oh, whoops. I didn't mean as a weapon, that contradicts the story my character is from. Alright, let's keep that out of the story, are the gold-brass knuckles okay?

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Oh, whoops. I didn't mean as a weapon, that contradicts the story my character is from. Alright, let's keep that out of the story, are the gold-brass knuckles okay?
The knuckles will work. Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to pick up weapons in the RP, since this was a town that was prepared for something happening. I won't leave you guys completely defenseless.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The knuckles will work. Don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to pick up weapons in the RP, since this was a town that was prepared for something happening. I won't leave you guys completely defenseless.

Awesome. Also, I know you're still working on it, but what would be your best estimate on when this would be ready?

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
qster-albums-recent-drawings-picture11339-map.jpeg

Here is my pathetic excuse for a map, lol. Anyway, this will be the map unless someone wishes to make another.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
qster-albums-recent-drawings-picture11339-map.jpeg

Here is my pathetic excuse for a map, lol. Anyway, this will be the map unless someone wishes to make another.

It's fine with me, I'll just be waiting for the sign-up to be opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back