• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Beginning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
well i mean when you had Roxas he was only on like level what 1...so when your done with him of course Sora is gonna be seen as Stronger...Roxas and Sora are both cool to me....so it didnt really matter

Ariku-Chan

The restoration thing scared me, whenever it popped up it would be a scary person's voice and it would say "Restoration at --%" SCARY! lol, but Roxas was sorta boring except when you play the ball game, and fight with 2 keyblades, that was sorta fun. :) (But for the people who havn't played would need to learn at the beggining)

petite-nigiri

KH2_Roxass said:
playin with Roxas is the best part of the game for me . ROXAS RULES :D

yeah Roxas rules =D poeple always think that he in competition with Sora but its not this at all... it seems like many people hate Roxas and i dont understand why ? =.='

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
Well the mini games were fun, but I lost my patience so much I almost skipped a scene.

Anyways, I hate the Roxas tutorial. but playing as Kairi? LOL. It would be really weird. But I doubt Nomura or SE will ever want that to happen.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't see why so many people hate Roxas so much. I liked playing as him, especialy against Axel, but that's not to say that I wasn't glad to get back to good ol' Sora.

Awards
I don't think the beginning bit needed to be 6 days long. Could've easily skipped the day that's going to look at all the wonders. And the second day. Heck, could've just put everything into one day! Ok, 2 days. The second day could've been Roxas waking up and finding out no one sees him and stuff.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora is the main character of KH. Obviously if it has something to do with him, more precisely his Nobody, Roxas, you know he's going to get a special place in the story. (Just like Kairi is Sora's special girl, Naminé gets the same treatment of screentime) Yeah it was boring for the whole 6 days, but is better this way then explaining it in exposition as we go through the game (Though it might have added more mystery). The beginning was a way to explain everything in a nutshell, and to get to know Roxas' character, which we did, and for some, he's they're favorite character. I know he's not hateable.

I think another important theme of the game, that played a part on the beginning, was to show us what Nobodies are like, how they "feel", how they get affected, how they are shunned just cause of the simple fact that "they aren't meant to exist". This is present through Roxas' point of view, and to an extent, Naminé. Most people felt sad at the end of Roxas' part, and I think that is what Nomura was trying to reach. Nobodies are kind of pitiful, all they want is a heart, but try to do it they're own way, even if it's wrong. Even I kind of felt bad for Xemnas at the end of it all, and for a moment, Sora kind of did too, before he cheered with the others after he's gone. x_x

Sure, Roxas' tuorial may not have been so important, but it played out a point. It wasn't that bad. But like everyone here I was waiting for Sora's part and to kick some Heartless/Nobody ass with combos and abilities, and get to try those drive forms. To see Riku. Have myself a few laughs at the trio's stupidity, Sora "tickling" Tron o_O, etc. And I'm happy Sora can skateboard too, I enjoyed that mini-game.

I actually wished that Sora/Roxas bonded a bit more, other than that battle, which I still don't quite get why Roxas challenged in the first place, there could many reasons. I would have liked to see them talk about something, other than Roxas talking to Naminé half the time. I wanted Sora to actually notice, "Hey, you're that blonde dude that I fought in my mind!" Or make a connection of that sort. But whatever. The thing I know is that they share a dislike for computers and love hurting them, more Sora though.

*Roxas rages and trashes machine with the Keyblade*

First time.
Sora: This is it! Where's Kairi? Where's Riku?
*Starts pressing buttons, gently first, then harder*
Leon: Easy... You wanna break it?

Second time.
Sora *searching*: Kairi. Riku
Computer: The data is corrupt.
Goofy: Organization.
Computer: The data is corrupt.
Sora: Stupid computer!
*Slam the keys and the windows on the screen jump around wildly until a pic of Diz appeared and he stops*
Sora: Who's this guy?

......*_*

Shinkoujo

I think that playing as Roxas was important to the storyline. He is, after all, an important character as a Nobody and a part of the Organization, even though we didn't really get to see much about it. I enjoyed the fact that we got to see him in action, especially after knowing how the Nobodies are created and the fact that Sora would have made one during the first game. I don't see how playing as Kairi would be important to the storyline. Personally, I think she plays quite a small role in this game. I would think that Sora's Nobody should play a bigger part than Kairi, considering the game's plot. But that's just my opinion, and sorry if my thoughts are disorganized. :p

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
hey I personally loved twighlight town, it was fun playing as someone else and the thing was very suspensful and exciting, some of the best cutscenes are in the begging, but playing as kairi would be sooooooooooooooooooo cool! You could go to school and see how everyone knows sora and what his reputation is as well as what everyone thinks of his abcence!

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
The Jesus said:
Roxas actually was uber important to the storyline of KH2.

Couldn't have said it better meself.

It seems that KL and all those that agree with him fail to see the purpose of us spending those few hours as Roxas.

THE_UNKNOWNS

i agree with the whole kiari thing, but if we were to play as riku, he would need to be more controllable cause i hated being him in the final battle.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
yeah he really sucked in that fight he is only cool if he can go all dark and do dark aura, firaga and all those cray jump moves.

rikupwns

if they would have left us use both keyblades all the time with roxas i would have enjoyed it alot better

heartofdreams

Where are you now?...I can't see your face anymore
i didn't hate the start part at all playing as Roxas. it was fun, though i thought it was a pain you only played him at the start and then he was mostly kicked out of the story after that ;_;

but it'd would of been great to have played as Kairi. maybe they will make her a playable charcter in the next game for a little at the start

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
einon_san said:
Couldn't have said it better meself.

It seems that KL and all those that agree with him fail to see the purpose of us spending those few hours as Roxas.

They weren't that important. You could have skipped all those scenes and still understood the story. It did not take those six days in the game. He could have had a day. That extra crap was a complete waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back