• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The burning question...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Sooo... why do Sora Riku and Kairi decide to make a raft considering they all have wooden boats?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Because then we wouldn't have a valid excuse to do that oh so lovely hunt and gather mission for Kairi.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
And if Kairi hadn't sent Sora to gather mushrooms, he wouldn't have met XH in the cave. Kairi and the raft set everything into motion, see. :tongue:

Last edited:

axel95

Awards
Would you want to take a rowboat across an ocean? No, of course you wouldn't. A raft just makes more sense. Plus there is more room to store provisions. I think. And it just looks cooler.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Would you want to take a rowboat across an ocean? No, of course you wouldn't. A raft just makes more sense. Plus there is more room to store provisions. I think. And it just looks cooler.

Where exactly? It's just a flat piece of wood with a stick sail. At least rowboats have sides so stuff won't fall into the water. SRK's raft was pretty low-grade.

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
It's a good thing that dark storm hit the island or they all probably would have been killed by high waves, hungry sharks, and malaria.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
It's a good thing that dark storm hit the island or they all probably would have been killed by high waves, hungry sharks, and malaria.

It wasn't exactly a STORM, more the darkness totally engulfing Destiny Island's, and had they just taken their boats, they could have set sail a lot earlier ultimately avoiding the "storm" because they would be so far away from home. So ultimately, the unnecessary raft is the core of their problems.

axel95

Awards
This is really why Riku gave into the darkness. He did it to save himself and his friends! Power of friendship for the win!

wolfshadow

It wasn't exactly a STORM, more the darkness totally engulfing Destiny Island's, and had they just taken their boats, they could have set sail a lot earlier ultimately avoiding the "storm" because they would be so far away from home. So ultimately, the unnecessary raft is the core of their problems.

According DDD they would have ran into Ursula lol.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well these are the same kids who thought that they could survive on three fish, coconuts, mushrooms, a bottle of water, and an egg.「(°ヘ°)

But in all seriousness, the boats would probably flood with water, are smaller, and would have to be modified anyway to attach a sail and hook them together. I doubt they would want to tack separate vehicles since it's be really easy for them to get separated from each other and tying the boats together sounds uncomfortable. In the long run making a raft from scratch is the better option.

Besides, I saw the raft as a sort of "labor of love". It's something SRK made together to further cement their relationship. Think of the times you made something with someone you care about, like a cake or a birdhouse, as opposed to buying it at the store. It's a bonding experience.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
This for some reason reminded me of a comic I once saw and there as Sora, stupidly putting his head underwater asking a shark where the nearest McDonalds was. I can't find it though! D:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Well these are the same kids who thought that they could survive on three fish, coconuts, mushrooms, a bottle of water, and an egg.「(°ヘ°)

But in all seriousness, the boats would probably flood with water, are smaller, and would have to be modified anyway to attach a sail and hook them together. I doubt they would want to tack separate vehicles since it's be really easy for them to get separated from each other and tying the boats together sounds uncomfortable. In the long run making a raft from scratch is the better option.

Besides, I saw the raft as a sort of "labor of love". It's something SRK made together to further cement their relationship. Think of the times you made something with someone you care about, like a cake or a birdhouse, as opposed to buying it at the store. It's a bonding experience.

Haha, what do you expect from a few children aged 14? It's a period of time when one would feel high and mighty, borderline (or perhaps even downright) rebellious, and we all know we thought we could do anything at that age. I once did make a birdhouse and was proud of it, but was utterly devastated when it collapsed while the birds were inside. They died.

Except then Sora, Riku, and Kairi all became Keyblade wielders. That's some awesome, serious stuff.

And yeah, despite the very minimal provisions, a raft would be the most feasible option to set sail. A rowboat just wouldn't last long. Once it collects water during storms, that's it, you'd be having a hard time draining it. And you'd also need to, well, row it constantly to advance rather than have the wind help you, which I bet is quite taxing.

Gram

Banned
Awards
lol Perhaps they didn't want to steal from whoever owns their rowboats? xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Wasn't it Xehanort's Heartless that caused Destiny Islands to be engulfed by darkness? That means he saved their lives! What a nice guy. XD

BluberryStar

Awards
Maybe this question is out of topic, but, in KH 358/2 Days Riku is able to control the powers of darkness within him, so he's able to open dark portals (is that what it's called?) and transport to other worlds. So if he's able to do that why didn't he just go back to DI by himself? I mean BEFORE his appearance transformed into Xehanort's heartless.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe this question is out of topic, but, in KH 358/2 Days Riku is able to control the powers of darkness within him, so he's able to open dark portals (is that what it's called?) and transport to other worlds. So if he's able to do that why didn't he just go back to DI by himself? I mean BEFORE his appearance transformed into Xehanort's heartless.

Well, he did in fact return to DI in Days, and it was when he tried to persuade Xion to return to where she belongs. As for why he doesn't stay, wouldn't it be due to the fact that he was at that time watching over Sora and keep him away from the Organization?

I apologise in advance if I've missed a point in your question or misunderstood it.

BluberryStar

Awards
Well, he did in fact return to DI in Days, and it was when he tried to persuade Xion to return to where she belongs. As for why he doesn't stay, wouldn't it be due to the fact that he was at that time watching over Sora and keep him away from the Organization?

I apologise in advance if I've missed a point in your question or misunderstood it.
No you got my point :) but I mean why didn't he visit anyone? his parents or Kairi? Explaining Kairi what happened and everything? Instead he live in solitude and kept himself away from others... maybe he felt that he has to take this responsibility on his own? Is that how he is?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
No you got my point :) but I mean why didn't he visit anyone? his parents or Kairi? Explaining Kairi what happened and everything? Instead he live in solitude and kept himself away from others... maybe he felt that he has to take this responsibility on his own? Is that how he is?

I tend to think Riku just wasn't ready to face those whom he had caused so much pain just yet, and was afraid that the darkness that he was holding in his heart would hurt them again. Probably that was his idea of seeking redemption, too.

Just noticed that you're my fellow countryman. Selamat siang~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back