• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Caribbean World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE KH3. I actually think its gameplay is the most fun in the series, and I don't think it should get the flack it does for its plot. Overall, the game has grown on me as time goes on. ReMind really helped with that I think.

Having said that, this world man. I never really enjoyed Port Royal in KH2, but this is worse. The story drags on and on and on and on...I would argue the integration of SDG in this world is worse than any other world in the series (yes, I'm counting the Frozen world). They're literally not even present for half of the cutscenes in this world, and when they are, they're just silent. At least Larxene makes the Frozen world somewhat enjoyable.

The underwater portions of the world are good...probably the best "water level" we ever get in the series...and that's about it. I do really enjoy exploring underwater in this world but that's about all the praise I have for it.

The mini-game boss where we race with Luxord is always a roadblock for me. Every single playthrough I get stuck on it and have to do it at least 3x, if not more. I don't usually mind getting stuck on bosses, but I don't really consider this a boss in the traditional sense. I guess my bigger issue is that I don't really enjoy the pirate ship portion of the world too much.

I probably just need to "git good" but it's hard to do that when I'm not actually enjoying myself playing through that particular portion of the game. I actually find it far more enjoyable to either swim everywhere (exploring underwater in the process) or honestly even just gliding and high jumping to different islands.

I've never really enjoyed "mini-games" in the KH series and I loathe every single iteration of Luxord's boss fights, in every single KH game to date. So perhaps part of it is just that I dislike Luxord.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Just finished up this world in my current playthrough. I want to like this world. I really do. Like I said, the underwater portions are really well done, and I actually enjoy exploring the world in the postgame more so than some of the other ones. But ugh. Everytime I play through this world for the story I just want to turn on the Deadly Blow cheat and one-shot everything to get it over with.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I actually loved this world, one of the best in the series. That said, I wish there were more scenes as you explore the world. If you're like me, after the opening scenes, you spend almost an hour or two wandering around Port Royal and the various islands collecting chests, crabs, and Hidden Mickey's, and there are no scenes at all. The story sections seem separated from the world itself in a way.

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago that I'd like for a Moana world to function sort of the same way as this world, too. Her home island would be like Port Royal (one big land portion), then you'd raft through ocean from there to the island Maui's trapped on to the hole that leads to Tamatoa / Maui's hook and then to Te Ka (Te Fiti's island), with occasional fights with the little coconut monster things that are sort of like the ship battles in The Caribbean.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah The Caribbean was as fillerish as you can get. And it wasn't even a good adaptation of the film's plot. That said I loved everything else about the world such as the underwater segments, ship combat, different islands, and the main town. Plus Sora, Donald, and Goofy look great in live action. Because of that in terms of level design and gameplay it's my favorite world in the game

I didn't even the crab hunt cause it let me explore the town in great detail

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I actually loved this world, one of the best in the series. That said, I wish there were more scenes as you explore the world. If you're like me, after the opening scenes, you spend almost an hour or two wandering around Port Royal and the various islands collecting chests, crabs, and Hidden Mickey's, and there are no scenes at all. The story sections seem separated from the world itself in a way.

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago that I'd like for a Moana world to function sort of the same way as this world, too. Her home island would be like Port Royal (one big land portion), then you'd raft through ocean from there to the island Maui's trapped on to the hole that leads to Tamatoa / Maui's hook and then to Te Ka (Te Fiti's island), with occasional fights with the little coconut monster things that are sort of like the ship battles in The Caribbean.
You mean the kakamura? I suppose they would be an interesting boss. They'd even usurp experiment 221's position as the smallest Disney boss (it is around the size of a shadow heartless after all) Though the question is, would they be weak to fire?

And I have no issue with the caribbean world, I LOVED the underwater sections, seeing all the unique and realistic wildlife like the manta ray (they even got the amount of gilsl right!). However I do have a small gripe with the implementation of crabs though. I still get irrationally angry at the revelation on what they are during the visit to the town (people who have played the town section know what I'm talking about) and the fact that they didn't bother making a separate overworld sprite for the lobster ingredient, designating it as crab (and before you all say that they're both crustaceans, that's besides the point).

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It was technically beautiful but incredibly boring, story-wise.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
It was always my dream to see them adapt Pirates 2 & 3 for KH3. The story coulda been better. I wish they coulda found a better way to work around the middle of At World End's plot instead of separating SDG from Jack and friends till the end section. As it is the world is movie plot-original story-movie plot. I'd actually be curious about how someone who'd never seen At World's End would understand the world's story because too many things get left out in terms of making sense of AWE's plot. The biggest story-related offender to me was not having Sora free Calypso's heart. It was set up perfectly only to have it happen without Sora off screen.

I think the world had amazing level design and visuals tho. The expanded Port Royal was amazing and the free roam adventure in the High Seas made the world amazing during the post-game hunt for treasures and emblems. You got to do battle on land, on ship and underwater. Also Davy Jones was my fave pre-Keyblade Graveyard fight in the game. I love that they incorporated the Kraken into the fight plus those CG cutscenes at the end were Godly.

Despite some problems it was probably my 1st or second fave Disney world in the game but admittedly I'm a sucker for POTC.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
At World’s End was my favorite Pirates film but as long, dark and murky as it is, I’m not terribly surprised that more of the film wasn’t explored. Stuff like Sao Feng was asking to be cut, the movie is usually criticized for being too long and having too much treachery and gambits. It does suffer from being too beat for beat the original when it does adapt the film, which my patience for has eroded significantly in the wake of the 2019 Lion King.

The casting is another problem. Jared Butler is a terrific Jack Sparrow, and Crispin Freeman is solid enough as Will. Tia Dalma’s actress did really good and I thought it was her original actress at first, and Robin Atkin Downes does okay I guess as Jones, but you just can’t top Bill Nighy in the role he was made for. Then you get to Elizabeth who has a horrendous voice, and Brian George’s Barbossa isn’t really that great either, though Elizabeth is easily the worst. Having Kevin McNally back is cool, as Gibbs is my favorite POTC character. But I can also imagine the bigger names saying no thanks to recording the same lines they said over a decade ago.

Plot wise, it definitely suffers not just from the beat for beat issue, but how Disney is clearly refusing to allow Nomura to do too much with its current properties. The adventure we do get is fun and all, but it still feels odd to be completely cut off from the film until the end. The maelstrom battle with the Kraken was great fun, though as big as the battle was in the film, I wish we’d gotten more ship to ship battles with Jones’ crew, the Heartless, etc. Jones himself was a cool fight but maybe due to the base game’s easiness, he felt completely outclassed against our magic and weapons.

I do like that they kept Will’s death, that was definitely a dark surprise, and Sora’s reaction was powerful. And that they ended things on a bittersweet note, exposing Sora to the cruel fate that awaits him at the end of the game.

Overall, not my favorite KH3 world, but the gameplay was fun as hell and it has some great moments.

Awards
Maybe it's because I haven't seen any of the PotC movies passed the first one. I guess I'm alone in disliking the ship combat mechanics. Well, the combat isn't awful awful, it's that stupid race you have to do with Luxord that I strongly dislike.

Like I said, I do really enjoy the underwater portions and the world improves significantly for me after beating the story. It might be my favorite world to explore in the postgame.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It was always my dream to see them adapt Pirates 2 & 3 for KH3. The story coulda been better. I wish they coulda found a better way to work around the middle of At World End's plot instead of separating SDG from Jack and friends till the end section. As it is the world is movie plot-original story-movie plot. I'd actually be curious about how someone who'd never seen At World's End would understand the world's story because too many things get left out in terms of making sense of AWE's plot. The biggest story-related offender to me was not having Sora free Calypso's heart. It was set up perfectly only to have it happen without Sora off screen.

I think the world had amazing level design and visuals tho. The expanded Port Royal was amazing and the free roam adventure in the High Seas made the world amazing during the post-game hunt for treasures and emblems. You got to do battle on land, on ship and underwater. Also Davy Jones was my fave pre-Keyblade Graveyard fight in the game. I love that they incorporated the Kraken into the fight plus those CG cutscenes at the end were Godly.

Despite some problems it was probably my 1st or second fave Disney world in the game but admittedly I'm a sucker for POTC.
I never saw At World's End and I was so confused... but didn't really care about the Pirates plot and was more focused on Luxord and the black box and having fun roaming around The Caribbean.

WaltK

Awards
I had an absolute blast exploring the Caribbean after the story was over. I loved going around in the ship looking for new islands to explore. Made the world feel genuinely huge.

It’s definitely better than Arendelle; that world had a poor story and boring environments.

Back