• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Catcher in the Rye

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit Break

I'm not a reader on average but I have to say this is my most favorite book. In comparion to other books, this stands out as something completely incomparible.

Only thing I dislike is how Holden Caulfield must complain about every single aspect of...anything really.

I've grown a liking to this book and the point of this thread is to recommend it to anyone willing to look into a good book.

Remember, it is "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger.

That is all.

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
I was forced to read it over the summer. It was a very interesting book. The thing that makes the book so good, is that we see everything from Holden's poitn of view, in which we can't trust becuase he end's up being crazy at the end. (I had to do a report about it. I still have it saved xD)

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I love this book and that's just the way Holden is I love that guy, really i do (Holden catchpharse) I felt so sorry for him and the way he tried but couldnt help being so troubled and he was so right about all the phoney people in our society. I too hate the way our society is and the last time I read the book I cried when he was listening to the Catcher in the Rye song. It's worth a read because its so unique.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
It's a great book, really. Heck, even if you're forced to read it and you dislike all the language, you'll like it.

Just something about the way that Holden acts that seems to attract many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back