• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 'Challenge Mission' Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Jeez, only 4 hits total on your first try? On my first try I got hit about 68 times, and I passed with 2 tokens. Her 2nd form troubled me the most, what with spamming ragnarok and so. Most no damage missions are strict, but this one lets you get hit quite a bit. I also beat Xion's Time Attack in just under 12 minutes, passed with 2 sigils.

When I fought her in story mode, I was meticulous about memorizing her attack pattern in each stage. Not that hard to do once you figure it out, you just have to be patient.

UnstoppableSound

I could have sworn I made another post earlier about Challenges and that. ._. Probably got accidentally deleted due to not clicking submit and closing the tab >__>; I do that a lot. Anyway...

Yeah, I should have made it more clear in my original post how I was complaining. The restrictions at times are just dumb, I feel. :\ And seriously, only 10? Does that include full combo or does each swing count as an attack? x__x I suppose if Magic is allowed in that fight it's possible... Just gotta toy with them and see which deals max damage. :\

By slower strategies I was referring to those who swing their Keyblade to take out the Blade enemies (Magic just goes a bunch faster) and stuff like that. Also, I've yet to find a really effective way of taking down Guard Armor and Powered Armor. Is there any really quick, efficient way of cutting that guy down to size that I've missed?

Haha no worries.

They are dumb, honestly. And most of the timed boss battles are quite unreasonable until you've beaten the game or are at least level 60+. Yeah, it's 10 swings, not including combos. Magic is allowed, however I find using a Limit Break is a little fast. Thundaga might own the crap out of him though...we'll see, I'm going to be trying it out soon.

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah that makes sense. Magic is like the end-all in this game, coupled with Limit Breaks. I'm actually going to be doing the Guard Armor challenges right now, and my strategy guide says Limit Breaks are the key. It's been wrong a couple times though. For example, when Xigbar (I think that's who it is) wants you to kill 30 enemies with a Limit Break, they suggest doing the beginner mission with Lexaeus over and over, when clearly it's way easier if you go to that one mission where you're supposed to collect hearts in Beast's Castle (the one with loads of Icy Cubes & Massive Possessors who break into a bunch of normal Possessors).

Sacred X

Freshmeat
FINALLY got 3 sigils from Eliminate the Windstorms. That random bomb coming up to me was so annoying, along with needing to rush back to the portal. 00:47:04

209 Sigils
81% Complete

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Ah I see what you mean. Yeah that makes sense. Magic is like the end-all in this game, coupled with Limit Breaks. I'm actually going to be doing the Guard Armor challenges right now, and my strategy guide says Limit Breaks are the key. It's been wrong a couple times though. For example, when Xigbar (I think that's who it is) wants you to kill 30 enemies with a Limit Break, they suggest doing the beginner mission with Lexaeus over and over, when clearly it's way easier if you go to that one mission where you're supposed to collect hearts in Beast's Castle (the one with loads of Icy Cubes & Massive Possessors who break into a bunch of normal Possessors).

ZOMG. I did the "Eliminate the Watchers" mission several times over for both that and the Final Limit challenges -_____-" That mission would have been so much easier...

Also, how the fu- do you use Limits when you're supposed to fight the Powered Armor without getting hit? You can only take about 6-7 hits before you lose your third sigil... Guard Armor at level 70+ can't possibly stand up to a 4-Power Unit Kingdom Key+, with or without Limit Breaks... Powered Armor is another story altogether. >_>

<< *just realized/remembered that the record time and not getting hit challenges don't both happen at once*

UnstoppableSound

ZOMG. I did the "Eliminate the Watchers" mission several times over for both that and the Final Limit challenges -_____-" That mission would have been so much easier...

Also, how the fu- do you use Limits when you're supposed to fight the Powered Armor without getting hit? You can only take about 6-7 hits before you lose your third sigil... Guard Armor at level 70+ can't possibly stand up to a 4-Power Unit Kingdom Key+, with or without Limit Breaks... Powered Armor is another story altogether. >_>

<< *just realized/remembered that the record time and not getting hit challenges don't both happen at once*

LOL. Yeah I was doing that Lexaeus one, and then I realized it was a stupid method and remembered that one mission. Powered Armor I have no idea, I'm not even that far yet (day 225). Guard Armor hits level 61 for the special challenge, and I'm at level 39 right now. I think I'll be able to take it down in under 7 minutes, I mean that's a LONG time (and yeah, I know I still have to do all the battles beforehand). Weeeeeee'll seeeee.

edit
Nevermind. The Guard Armor challenge is just stupid, even the first one is. "Don't get hit more than 6 times". Those stupid ghosts are impossible to hit with a barrel. And I forgot the level +30 challenge applied to all enemies, making it impossible to get there in time. I'm just going to wait till way later to try that.

Last edited:

Taidow

These Challenges just seem very dumb.. I would have preferred if they did tournaments in the World That Never Was like they've done with Olympus Coliseum in KH and KHII.

Tokens: 66
Completion: 25%

ugh 75% more....
I'll try to do at least 10-15% each day from now on. That way the challenges seem less tedious. I also have to collect all the badges.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Finished all the Challenge Missions with at least one sigil, and I must say the hardest mission is the "Leechgrave limited damage" mission. 5 times max for 3 sigils, 10 for 2, and 15 for one. I finished by getting hit... 13 times or so? At any rate, no way am I getting that Ultima Weapon, but I did unlock the all of the secret reports and the keyblade for obtaining all of the reports. Fun overall.

alex=axel

how do i unlock sora and mickey in mission mode? i cant see the items im supposed to buy, how do they appear?

slymaster16

I beat the Infernal Engine in 1 minute 10 seconds.I only got 2 sigils. You know how long he took me to beat the first time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back