• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Changing Tide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma Jester

Tartarus Prison Facility 4432906-23R

The Tartarus Prison, home to the worst criminals in any and all realities, sealed within a facility specially designed to inhibit the powers of those incarcerated within. Contained inside a pocket dimension, Tartarus has never had a single escape in thousands of years, and with the criminals within, that is quite a bragging right...or it was. Deep within the facility, inside the Blood Row sector, where any signs of aggression or violence from inmates was met with death, a pair of blood red eyes open.

The figure tries to stand, a pair of titanium shackles locked to his wrists, ankles, waist, and neck holding him down, a titanium harness keeping him suspended from a titanium cable. They obviously thought none of the inmates could break titanium. The figure, clothed in a solid grey jester outfit, nothing but his blood red eyes visible, smirks under his costume. Obviously, they'd never dealt with his kind before. Clenching his fists, he pulls his arms to his body, the titanium straining, finally breaking as he laughs, a guard moving to his cell door, shining a light in.

"Oh, shit!" The guard hits a button on his communicator, nearly missing in his panic. "Control Room, this is Gates...Prisoner 883490012 is breaking his restraints. Yes, understood." The guard smiles, walking to the end of the hallway, hitting a button, a sentry gun lowering from the ceiling. "Escape. I dare you. Titanium hollow-points will kill you, no matter what race you are." The figure only laughs, ripping the harness and waist shackle off. "Really, is that so? And tell me, why should I be scared?"

The guard growls, narrowing his eyes as the gun targets the figure, locking on. The figure only shakes his head, breaking the ankle shackles. "Now...to make my exit." He holds a hand out, the cell door ripping from the hinges, hurtling down the hallway too fast for the guard to avoid, causing the man to be forcefully cut into small parts by the barred door. Stepping through the opening, the figure looks up as the sentry gun opens fire.

(There you go...just a taste of a greater thing to come. Hope you enjoyed it.)

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I like it. Muchly. The sci fi (slightly) mixed with the mystery and action is very intriguing. And slicey door, nice.

Enigma Jester

The figure chuckles, pointing at the sentry gun, the harness he had been wearing flying forwards, crushing the barrels of the gun, knocking it from the ceiling. "Pathetic humans...no prison can hold me." His eyes narrow as a bullet rips through his chest, where his heart should be. "This is Archer. Call a Code Black now! Prisoner 883490012 has killed a guard and neutralized a sentry gun." Archer looks up in time to feel a hand around his throat, the figure seeming to step from the shadows on the wall. "That wasn't nice, human." The figure squeezes, crushing Archer's throat, tossing him back into the empty cell.

The red alert lights begin flashing as the warning alarm sounds, a voice coming on over the loud speakers. "This is Warden Visar. All guards report to the exit of the Blood Row, a prisoner is..." The Warden trails off as mumbling is heard over the speakers, then his voice comes back on, straining to stay even. "Everyone available to Blood Row NOW! Tengi Mushimoto is escaping!" Every guard in the prison looks up, uttering a silent prayer to their respective gods...this day, they would earn their pay, if they survived.

Tengi chuckles, hearing the Warden's announcement, leaping up to a loud speaker, ripping it from the wall. "Sorry, I didn't quite catch that." He laughs hysterically, kicking the door of his hallway open, staring at seven armed guards, and one person he recognised far too well. "Atemisk." A man in a grey trenchcoat steps forwards, a pair of blue sunglasses covering his eyes, his red hair standing out against the grey prison walls. "Hello again, Tengi. Didn't we go through this when I caught you...about three hundred years ago?"

The guards steady their aim, and open fire. Tengi's eyes narrow as he slides back, weaving like a snake through the bullets, gripping two guards by the necks, tossing them to the ground head first, taking their guns. "My turn!" Tengi laughs, leaping over the remaining guards, firing five bullets from each pistol, each shot hitting it's mark. Landing in front of Atemisk, Tengi fires three rounds, his target only smirking, a knife sliding out of his palm, knocking two bullets away, the third sliding off into the wall on the left. "Well...damn it then. shall we do this again?" Atemisk smirks, removing his trenchcoat and sunglasses, a pair of bright green lizard eyes staring at Tengi. "I'll win, just like last time." Tengi shrugs. "Only one way to find out." Roaring, both men rush forwards

(There ya go...another part to tide you over...but after this, the parts WILL get longer...these intros are just attention grabbers.)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Ooh, I'm liking this very much...

Enigma Jester

Atemisk grips Tengi's wrist as he takes a swing, throwing him against the wall, the knife in his palm shooting after him, embedding in his shoulder. Picking himself up, Tengi rips the knife from his shoulder. "Oh, you want to use powers? No fisticuffs? I can swing that." Tengi holds a hand up, lightning crackling up his arm, a arc of electricity flying out at Atemisk. Chuckling, Atemisk tosses his trenchcoat off, crossing his arms, flames rising from his forearms to form a shield, blocking the attack. "Damned pyromancer..." The bounty hunter smirks, then blurs, hammering Tengi with a flaming fist, sending him flying back nearly forty feet. Wincing, Tengi pulls himself to his feet, a hole burned in his costume, revealing grey skin, a red scar running across the skin under the new hole.

"Aw, did I burn your clothes? So sorry." Tengi's eyes narrow, a massive arc of lightning flying from his hand, hitting Atemisk square in the chest, sending him spinning through the air. As the bounty hunter rises to his feet, he looks up to find Tengi standing in front of him, broken sentry gun in his hand. Chuckling, he swings up, knocking Atemisk down the seventy foot corridor, the gun shattering from the force of the blow. "Things are different now, Atemisk. See, my powers are from lightning...and with all the metal here, what happens when metal gets charged with electricity or lightning?" Atemisk struggles to his feet, blood running from the gash in his face. "You've been storing your powers, and amplifying them through the metals in the prison." Tengi nods, a grey after image appearing as he blurs down the hallway, a lightning-charged fist slamming into Atemisk's face, sending him reeling.

Hopping back, Tengi laughs, cracking his knuckles as Atemisk rises. "So...can we stop goofing off now?" Tengi nods, an electric aura rising around him as he lets his power unfurl from a centuries-long slumber. Atemisk closes his eyes, his hair turning black and grey as black flames erupt from his hands and back, grey fire rising from the corners of his eyes. "Time to get serious." Tengi and Atemisk swing, their fists colliding, caving in the walls around them, the entire prison shaking from the power suddenly unleashed. A maelstrom of fire and lightning swirls through the open doors of the prison as the two titans clash, their blows sending tremors through the facility.

Sliding back, Atemisk smirks, holding a hand out, a geyser of flames erupting from his palm. Tengi knocks it aside, a lance of electric energy surging from his fingertips, impaling his foe's chest. As Atemisk stumbles, Tengi rushes forwards, claws rising from his fingertips as he swings upwards. Atemisk looks up in time for Tengi to rip his face off, the other hand already on the bare muscle, a surge of lightning hammering Atemisk's body. Within a matter of moments every organ and muscle in the bounty hunter's body had torn themselves apart, his lifeless body falling over.
Tossing Atemisk's face on the wall, Tengi marches through the now-broken excercise yard door, floating into the air.

Turning in mid-rise, he aims himself at the warden's office window, waving sadisticly to the terrified man inside. Holding a hand out, he sends a torrent of lightning through the window, shattering the dense obstruction, then floats through the opening. "Warden, how good to see you again." He reaches over, pulling a switch on the wall, the inhibitors failing. "Now...we need to talk." The warden stumbles back, terrified. "N...now, Tengi...don't be rash. I'm only d...doing my job..." Tengi looks to the warden, laughing. "Angry? No. I wanted to thank you for your hospitality, and see if you had any fresh towels. My shower just ran out." Shaking, the warden falls over, crying. "I...if you let me live...I'll tell you where your sister is being kept!"

Tengi stops in mid cackle, the arc of lightning in his hand fizzling out. "Neesa...you know where my sister Neesa is?" The warden nods, smiling. "She's being held in the Venus Detention Colony...surrounded by thousands of guards that may have already gotten their hands on your sister's sweet little as-" The warden's sentence is cut short by Tengi's hand ripping the man's lower jaw off, crushing his skull with a kick that sends the warden through the wall. "Neesa...don't worry...big brother is on his way." He soars upwards, hurtling through the ceiling, and into the blackness above the prison. With eyes narrowed, he holds his hands out at the facility, rumbling heard from every corridor as the small planet is ripped apart, blood running from Tengi's eyes as he flies away.

(There we are...hope you enjoyed this part. I'm sure you can guess what the warden was going to say...and Tengi doesn't tolerate that. Anyways, I plan on bringing in more people like Atemisk to intrude on Tengi's parade. Any suggestions are appreciated. thanks for reading.)

Last edited:

Enigma Jester

Venus Detention Colony 9873321-04J

Inside a facility nearly identical to Tartarus, female inmates were going about their business, the security much more lax due to the gender of the incarcerated. The warden believed that women would never pose the same threat as the males in Tartarus. In the main hall where the inmates were gathered to eat, a lone figure sits as far away from the other inmates as she can, silently eating her food, a red and black jester outfit covering her athletic frame. She looks up as two guards pass, listening to their conversation. "Did you hear? Tartarus was ripped apart. That Tengi guy broke out." The other guard gives a glance to the lone female, then looks back to the guard he was talking to. "You think he'll come here after his sister?" "I can guarantee he will. When they were captured by Atemisk Flare, he wasn't putting up a fight until Atemisk tried to take his sister in."

Over the Venus Detention Colony, a strange black portal opens, strange creatures flowing out by the thousands, their black skin blending in with the void, only their yellow eyes giving their presence away. Inside the Colony, equipment goes haywire as cameras relay the image to the security force inside, a warning alarm sounding. "This is Warden Adren. All inmates are to be suited up beside the guards at once. The Colony is under attack from an unknown force, and we feel they should take this opportunity to atone for the crimes they've commited." The lone female looks up, a smile on her face. "Looks like these guys are in over their heads..." She rises to her feet, cracking her knuckles as the ceiling cracks open, the strange creatures flooding in, a large man in a grey cloak floating down into the building. I can feel you here...I know you are here, Neesa Mushimoto. We are here for you, and your unique powers. My Heartless friends are being made obsolete by creatures of heart and no body. You will help us become dominant once again!

A smaller grey portal opens, Tengi spilling out, spinning slowly, his eyes quickly scanning the Colony, seeing the strange creatures. "NEESA!" His eyes narrow as he flies into the Colony, slamming to the ground, cracking the mess hall floor. Looking up, he sees guards and inmates fighting together against the creatures, a large figure in a grey cloak carrying his sister. "Put her down!" He yells, an arc of lightning hitting the figure in the chest. The figure stops, handing Neesa off to a large, fat version of the creatures. Take her. I have a pest to eradicate. Ensure she is not taken, Large Body. Make your exit. The creature nods, fading into a shadowy portal beneath it's feet. The cloaked figure turns, casting the cloak off, revealing a massive man nearly identical to the creatures, except he had a mouth, and seemed more intelligent. "Why did you take my sister?" We have need of her special powers. Any who stand in our way will be destroyed. Tengi's eyes narrow as the electric aura rises around him, his full power unleashing.

The large man only smirks, blurring so fast Tengi can't track his movements, a black and red blade emerging through his chest, another through his stomach. His eyes widen as the man lifts him into the air, tossing him to the ground. The blades slide back into the man's hand as he leans down, lifting Tengi by the throat with one hand. "Who...are you...?" The man laughs, then narrows his glowing yellow eyes. I am Anvil, savior of the Heartless. You have no use to us. I will dispose of you now. A black portal opens behind Tengi, Anvil tossing him into it, Tengi fighting his way out, green blood running from his wounds and mouth. He holds a hand out, a lightning javelin flying forwards, Anvil knocking it aside with ease, hammering Tengi in the face, sending him reeling into the portal.

The portal opens in a strange world, Tengi tumbling out onto the ground. He slowly rises to his feet, stumbles forwards a few steps, then falls over. As he fades into unconsciousness, he hears voices. "Hey, someone's hurt! Yuffie, go get Cid and Merlin! Cloud, help me carry him to Scrooge's."

(And there we are. Looks like Tengi wasn't even close to a match for Anvil, eh? I bet you're wondering what Anvil has planned for Neesa...well, you'll have to wait to find out. Feel free to discuss your thoughts and ideas, and any suggestions for a character, or any way to improve my writing. Later.)

Coldman9

Wandering outside in the cold, looking for someone
Well if you want some help with the writing part you should put what each character says on it's own line. Here's an example

"Did you hear? Tartarus was ripped apart. That Tengi guy broke out." The other guard gives a glance to the lone female, then looks back to the guard he was talking to. "You think he'll come here after his sister?"

"I can guarantee he will. When they were captured by Atemisk Flare, he wasn't putting up a fight until Atemisk tried to take his sister in."

Enigma Jester

Slowly opening his eyes, Tengi tries to sit up, pain shooting through his body. He falls back on the bed, the world still blurry as he hears a female voice nearby. "Yuffie, go get the others. Tell them he's woken up." He hears footsteps as the one called Yuffie runs from the room, leaving him alone with whoever else was there. "Hello? I know you're there, I can feel your energy. Where am I?" A female voice comes from his side as he feels something cool and wet on his forehead. "This is Radiant Garden. My name is Aerith. We found you lying in the courtyard, and brought you to a friend's house. You were hurt pretty bad. Can you tell me what happened?"

Tengi sighs, his vision finally focusing. "I...escaped from a pretty bad place, and went to get my sister from a similar place. when I got to where she was, this things were attacking the place. They were being lead by a giant man that called himself Anvil. He kept talking about Heartless, and beings who had a heart and no body...and that my sister's powers would help them become dominant again. I tried to fight him, but...I didn't have a chance." Aerith nods, then stands up as the door opens, several people walking in. "Heartless did this to him...he said they had a leader named Anvil...a giant man who beat him without trying." Tengi sits up, then slowly climbs out of the bed, taking a few shaky steps, his electric aura flaring for a moment, then crackling out. "My powers...what happened to them?"

An older man with a long white beard steps forwards, a blonde man with a piece of grass hanging out of his mouth standing beside him. "It may be my fault. We've never encountered someone whose body is made like yours...my magic may have neutralized your powers." The blonde man nods, holding a hand out. "My name's Cid, and the wise man here is Merlin. He healed your wounds after Leon and Cloud brought you here." Cid motions to a man with a scar on his face, then to a blonde man with a large sword. "The guy with the scar is Leon, and the one with the big blade is Cloud." Tengi nods. My name is...or was, anyways...Tengi Mushimoto...but now..." He looks down at his grey skin, and the scars running over his body. "I think a new name is in order."

Meanwhile, in a dark place where light could not tread, Neesa Mushimoto was dropped in a cell with several other women, her eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness. A voice booms from the shadows, then a massive man appears in the room. Neesa...It pleases me that you were unharmed. I had read at great lengths about Malificent's plans with the 'Princesses of Heart'...and with the power of my Heartless fading, I saw this as the only way to revive their waning power. In this cell with you are the Princesses of Heart. You, however, are not one of them. I brought you here because of your unique powers. With your help, the Heartless will rain supreme once again. Neesa steps forwards, a steel spike sliding out of the back of her hand as she leaps up, gripping Anvil's shoulders, holding the spike to his throat. "Why would I help you? You have three seconds to explain...and it better be good, or I'm tearing your head off."

Anvil laughs, a black aura rising around him, knocking Neesa across the room. Your brother is FAR more powerful than you, and he could not touch me. what hope do you have to succeed where your brother lost his life trying? Laughing maniacally, he vanishes, leaving Neesa standing, stunned. "Tengi...you...you can't be dead..." She drops to her knees, tears streaming down her cheeks, the women in the cell moving closer to her, trying to comfort her. "Neesa...relax...these types always talk a big game...but they always end up paying for it. We were rescued before by my friend Sora...I know he'll show up again."

Back at Radiant Garden, Tengi, now named Enigma, was floating through the city, his red eyes narrowed. Aerith had done an amazing job on his costume, and thanks to Cid's ingenuity, it was now lightly armored, so he could fight more without a repeat of Anvil's attack nearly killing him. Slowly landing, he strides over to where Aerith and another girl were sitting, a smirk under his costume. "Well, my electric powers are gone...but the rest are still intact...who is she?" Aerith smirks, patting Yuffie's shoulder. "This is my friend Yuffie. We have more friends, but they're dealing with Heartless...the creatures Anvil mentioned are called Nobodies...they've been showing back up recently." Enigma nods, then narrows his eyes, grabbing both Aerith and Yuffie, taking to the air as a giant Heartless slams it's fist down where they were. Landing on the roof of the house he'd woken up in, Enigma sits them both down. "stay here...I've got this." Enigma's eyes narrow as he flies back at the giant Heartless like a torpedo.

The Heartless watches Enigma, then slaps him to the ground, kicking him across the commons of Radiant Garden. Rising to his feet, Enigma's eyes narrow as the claws rise from his fingertips. Charging the Heartless, he slashes with all his might, not even leaving a mark. Just as he feels the Heartless' hand dropping down on him, someone tackles him out of the way.

(There we go...another part added. thanks for the advice, Coldman...I never liked the whole 'making a space for each person talking' thing, but I did shift my writing to make it easier to tell who it is talking. As always, all comments are welcome, as are any suggestions, story or writing wise.)

Enigma Jester

Enigma looks up, a spikey-haired kid climbing to his feet, a weapon in his hand resembling a large key. Enigma flips to his feet, a white haired male attacking the Heartless giant wielding a weapon with the same energy. "Someone want to tell me what the hell is going on?" The spikey-haired kid smirks, running to the Heartless. "After this jerk is dealt with." Standing in awe, Enigma watches the two battle the giant Heartless on even ground where he hadn't been able to leave a mark. "That power...unbelievable..."

The giant Heartless continues his attacks, showing no signs of weakening. "Sora, go get help. I'll hold this thing until you get back." The spikey-haired kid nods, running off into the rural district of Radiant Garden, Enigma still stunned. "HEY! Get over here and help me!" Enigma snaps back to reality as the white-haired male yells at him. "Um...sure." He closes his eyes, pieces of buildings lifting into the air, hammering the giant Heartless, barely slowing it. "This is insane! I've decimated armies using less power than this!" The Heartless swipes a hand, knocking Enigma and the armed male across the commons, Enigma's eye starting to bleed. "That's IT!"

Sora comes barrelling into the commons with Cloud, Leon, Merlin, Yuffie, and another female, everyone stopping when they hear the yell. Looking over, they see Enigma rise to his feet, blood running out of his left eye. "You bastard! You picked the wrong man on the WRONG DAY!" He holds a hand up, catching the hand of the attacking Heartless, then rips it off. "It's my turn!" He laughs maniacally as he launches into the air, pummeling the monster with it's own hand, then impales it, driving it to the ground with a fierce kick. Extending his claws, he mercilessly slashes the creature's face, making Yuffie, Sora, and Merlin turns their heads as Enigma brutally kills the Heartless.

Panting, Enigma looks up, the face of his mask torn from the fight, his teeth razor sharp, a sadistic grin on his face, madness in his eyes. "TIME TO DIE!" He screams, leaping into the air, bearing down on Sora like a guided missile. Sora raises his weapon, barely blocking the claws before a spin kick sends him spiralling across the commons and into a wall. Leon narrows his eyes, slashing at Enigma, the berserk male only laughing, weaving around the slashes like a giant snake. His eyes narrow as his fist slams into Leon's face, sending him sliding back several feet. As Enigma jumps back to renew his attack, Cloud steps forwards, holding his sword at the ready. "HAHAHA! That giant butterknife can't hurt me!"

Cloud just shrugs, dashing forwards, his eyes widening as Enigma catches the blade in his hand, twisting his grip, sending Cliud hurtling across the commons, nearly taking the white haired male off his feet. Yuffie looks up at Cid, cowering slightly. "Cid...what happened to him? He was fine before the fight..." Cid looks down, resting a hand on Yuffie's shoulder. "He's gone berserk...probably from the damage to his eye. He's in a bloodlust, and it's going to take a lot to bring someone like that down...they don't feel pain." He takes Merlin and Yuffie's hands, escorting them from the area. "Those four can handle themselves."

Enigma roars, then laughs maniacally, floating into the air. "Ooh...four targets to choose from..." He points at Sora, then hurtles towards him, nearly crashing into the wall when a bolt of lightning hits him, a duck and a dog running up to Sora's side. "What the hell?" Enigma bellows, sliding to a stop against the wall. Sora smirks, the two newcomers standing at his sides. "Allow me to introduce Donald Duck and Goofy...my friends." Donald and Goofy nod, making Enigma laughs maniacally again. "Goody...so I get to kill you all together." He floats back to the center of the commons, his claws extending to their max, almost three inches long. Sora looks to Donald and Goofy, then nods. "Drive Form!"

A bright light fills the commons, and when it clears, Sora stares at Enigma with large yellow eyes, wisps of darkness rising from his like steam, his entire body solid black. The white haired male helps Leon and Cloud to their feet, then looks to Sora. "Oh, man...Anti-Sora against that berserk freak of nature...good luck, buddy." The male sighs, exiting the commons with Leon and Cloud, knowing no sane person would be safe from the coming storm.

(And...another part successfully added. I know the last parts have been a bit weighed down by chatting, so I tried to fix that in this part, and the next one. Again, all comments and suggestions are welcome.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back