• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Dark Guardian

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key to Truth

Awards
It was a mistranlation, and he didnt actually say Eraqus.

This guy is subbing every cutscene and hasnt messed up once, so his translation is the one that is correct and makes more sense.

It's no mistranslation, i understand japanese and Xehanort DOES say Eraqus, Xehanort DOES notice it's Eraqus because of the way he started to speak in (he suddenly started refering himself with "waga" (old/wise man/woman way to say "I"))

T

The Spoiler

It's no mistranslation, i understand japanese and Xehanort DOES say Eraqus, Xehanort DOES notice it's Eraqus because of the way he started to speak in (he suddenly started refering himself with "waga" (old/wise man/woman way to say "I"))
If you supposedly know Japanese then why arent you translating anything?

The Fishman

Keyblade Master

then why don't you translate the aqua scene in DI for us? Just kidding
anyway, i heard him say Eraqus, but i think everything else is ok in terms of translating

Key to Truth

Awards

Because i'm waiting for my game to arrive to make my fully subbed playthrough, i was supposed to get it like Friday or Saturday, but it got delayed -.-

then why don't you translate the aqua scene in DI for us? Just kidding
anyway, i heard him say Eraqus, but i think everything else is ok in terms of translating

Link me to that cutscene and i will do a translation, like posting it here or something, or even sending you through a PM if you want.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Link me to that cutscene and i will do a translation, like posting it here or something, or even sending you through a PM if you want.

i was just kidding, but if you really want to, black rose witch made a request thread for that scene to be translated if you want to check it out

oh, and that sucks that you're copy didn't come yet, hope it comes soon

T

The Spoiler

Wow check this out! 2:50

Those are the exact words Ansem SoD said to Sora! omgsh

State

Awards

Because if of his own choice to do it or not. Also, MX says Eraqus, it can be heard quite clearly, and coincidence that he said it to Terra after questioning whether or not Terra was harboring another heart.

T

The Spoiler

Because if of his own choice to do it or not. Also, MX says Eraqus, it can be heard quite clearly, and coincidence that he said it to Terra after questioning whether or not Terra was harboring another heart.
In the other translation he doesnt even say he is harboring someone elses heart though, and I think it just sounds like he said Eraqus, but it was a different word.

Besides, that first translation made no sense whatsoever, it wasnt worded right at all, and for the part where they think he said Eraqus they didnt even translate what come after that.

The guy translating the scenes seems to know what hes doing, and it makes more sense. If Eraqus heart was in Terra, Sora would be special for being able to connect his heart to anyone, and it would make the story 10 times harder for Nomura to put together, and wouldnt make any sense.

Talys Alankil

In the other translation he doesnt even say he is harboring someone elses heart though, and I think it just sounds like he said Eraqus, but it was a different word.

Besides, that first translation made no sense whatsoever, it wasnt worded right at all, and for the part where they think he said Eraqus they didnt even translate what come after that.

The guy translating the scenes seems to know what hes doing, and it makes more sense. If Eraqus heart was in Terra, Sora would be special for being able to connect his heart to anyone, and it would make the story 10 times harder for Nomura to put together, and wouldnt make any sense.
I'm not looking at the secret ending because i don't want to spoil myself, but if you want to be sure that it's Eraqus, just look at the Japanese subs and look for his NAME
エラクゥス
Not that hard, is it ?

BladeofHearts18

guys. i just noticed something. look at master eraqus. doesn't he look extremely similar to the dark guardian? i mean look at the straps he has, and his hair, which resembles the dark guardian. when eraqus says to terra before he dies "even i have darkness in my heart' probably hints that his darkness could be the guardian. idk but they look so similar. but i still go with my theory that terra's evolved darkness is the guardian.
Master_Eraqus.png

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
YouTube - ?KH Birth by Sleep?LAST EPISODE?2/5?

I believe this is the video that shows Terranort using his keyblade with Dark Guardian still in the picture
but notice how Dark Guardian doesn't move when Terranort uses his keyblade

Credit to: Person who played the game, the person who uploaded it, and desmume for bringing it to my attention in their thread

Legendscarlet

maybe terranort doesnt know how to use both at a 100%, as Sora only dual-wield when he drives except on I think against xemnas(Final boss of KH2) when Riku is atacked instead of Sora

T

The Spoiler

I'm not looking at the secret ending because i don't want to spoil myself, but if you want to be sure that it's Eraqus, just look at the Japanese subs and look for his NAME
エラクゥス
Not that hard, is it ?
Yeah it is kind of hard considering there are no subtitles. :/

Duromaxim

I do believe that is a good theory myself. And if that is not correct Nomura did state when MX's body vanished after going into Terra, it created something else.....what if the dark guardian is his orginal body since he forced his heart out of it and his heart did not become a heartless. Its like another body trying to protrude out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back