• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Dark Soldier/Masked Wielder

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey

Like most out there, I've always wondered who--or what--the Dark Soldier really was.
With this latest trailer, which finally featured DS speaking, I began to think...

Bear with me, this theory was mostly an idea, entertaining a possibility.

Onward!
KH2 FM+ Secret Ending
The video of the secret ending in Final Mix+.

While this was mostly a concept, and things have definitely changed since then (Aqua's hair is supposedly different, TAV no longer wear the armor, etc.), one thing remains an enigma--the Dark Soldier. He simply "comes out of" Master Xehanort, as if he is a part of MX, and does not exist on his own.

The battle that ensues follows the general formula of Terra vs. MX and Ven/Aqua vs. DS. At no point does Terra battle the Dark Soldier.

Wait--

At no point does Terra battle the Dark Soldier.

Notice that, in every BbS trailer featuring the Dark Soldier, Terra is never seen battling him. Terra is never even seen in the same scene as the Dark Soldier. Despite all of Terra's scenes, none of them feature this enigmatic wielder.

Only scene involving the DS so far

I'll admit, it's true that it's a bit far-fetched to assume that, just because the DS doesn't appear next to Terra in the only scene the DS has been in.

Heartstation translation that details the latest trailer (involving the Master Qualification Exam)
Notice that MX's "assistant", who was thought to be DS, isn't mentioned to be near MX. Perhaps he just couldn't be seen, but I feel as though he wasn't there for a reason. (I'm doubting that the one who gives the exam to be DS. Though it's possible, you'd think that important of a character wouldn't be simply added in a small scene in a trailer.)

Another evidence:
Ven: You…! Terra isn’t Terra anymore, what is meaning of this!?

Masked Wielder: The meaning is the same as stated. The existence known as Terra is gone.
This could mean two things. One, that the DS was present when Terra became "not Terra", and Ven recognizes that. The other is that the DS is it's own entity, which is using Terra--hence, making Terra "not Terra" anymore.

EDIT: Another thing to note--Terra seems to have the uncanny ability to encounter Disney villains. Or is is more than just coincidence? Since early scans, we've seen Terra seemingly on good terms with Maleficent, who is regarded as the highest Disney villain.
Terra's eyes are another important factor--his eyes change color to a yellow hue, much like those infused with Darkness. It has been long-thought and generally accepted that Terra likely has something to do with Darkness.
MX talks about "he" who has become "a monster infused with darkness." Which of the three Keyblade apprentices is most associated with Master Xehanort--Terra, Aqua, or Ven? Terra is the one actively seeking MX out, while Ven is searching for Terra and Aqua is worrying about both of them. MX, being a "villain" of sorts, is obviously involved with Darkness--his Keyblade, eyes, and position as a Xehanort and villain all point towards an involvement with darkness. Terra seems to be closest to MX.
These things can all allude to some sort of transformation or something--the ending result being the Dark Soldier.

...enough of this half-baked theory. What do you think? Post your ideas and opinions here, either to refute or aid the theory.

Last edited:

State

Awards
seems plausible, though it isn't the first time it has been suggested, but with the new things presented in tgs, yours seems to be well based.

XYZ

Terra does too fight the Masked Wielder. He knocks off his helmet at the end of one of the trailers and then it ends.

Grey

seems plausible, though it isn't the first time it has been suggested, but with the new things presented in tgs, yours seems to be well based.

Thank you. : )

Terra does too fight the Masked Wielder. He knocks off his helmet at the end of one of the trailers and then it ends.

Does he? Which trailer was this? I remember hearing SOMEthing about DS's helmet being knocked off, but I didn't think it was Terra.

State

Awards
Plausible and very considerable...

And where on earth did you see that XYZ?

its true, the trailer wasn't seen but, it was well described:

one of the warriors hit ds with his keyblade knocking his helmet off.

that's where the theory of xigbar being ds was based from, because of the keyblade's strength, it supposedly left a scar, plus with xigbar having a lot of knowledge of xehanort's origin, when he appeared after the warriors with keys vanished.

edit: i think the one who damaged him was ven, though i can't remember.

XYZ

its true, the trailer wasn't seen but, it was well described:

one of the warriors hit ds with his keyblade knocking his helmet off.

that's where the theory of xigbar being ds was based from, because of the keyblade's strength, it supposedly left a scar, plus with xigbar having a lot of knowledge of xehanort's origin, when he appeared after the warriors with keys vanished.

edit: i think the one who damaged him was ven, though i can't remember.
Maybe it was Ven.. I can't remember either and there's no description in the 'Everything BbS Topic'. I'm pretty sure it was Terra though..

Aros the lost

this would also explain why aqua and ven are SHALACKED
and hold on I thought of something... if nobodies can wield keyblades.... and TVA can... and humans... why not heartless???

XYZ

and hold on I thought of something... if nobodies can wield keyblades.... and TVA can... and humans... why not heartless???
WTF is SHALACKED?

And there are no Heartless or Nobdies in BbS, KTHNXBAI.

Grey

Shalacked?

This has little to do with the topic, but Heartless cannot wield Keyblades because they are hearts that have been taken by darkness. A dark heart isn't fit to wield a Keyblade--Riku is an exception, because he possesses both light and darkness in high quantities.

Also, Roxas is a special Nobody--it still isn't known if he has a Heart, half of a heart, no heart, or something else, so it's possible he isn't a conventional Nobody anyway. Xion is also a special case.

Maybe it was Ven.. I can't remember either and there's no description in the 'Everything BbS Topic'. I'm pretty sure it was Terra though..

I remember reading it, though since it hasn't been mentioned since, and it was mentioned a long time ago, it's possible that either it was a rumor or it was scrapped. If anybody can verify this trailer, I'd be happy with a link.

Grey

i understand that but I still pose thee question, and shalacked equals ass kicked

...and I answered the question. Read the response just above yours.

I've added to my theory--
EDIT: Another thing to note--Terra seems to have the uncanny ability to encounter Disney villains. Or is is more than just coincidence? Since early scans, we've seen Terra seemingly on good terms with Maleficent, who is regarded as the highest Disney villain.
Terra's eyes are another important factor--his eyes change color to a yellow hue, much like those infused with Darkness. It has been long-thought and generally accepted that Terra likely has something to do with Darkness.
MX talks about "he" who has become "a monster infused with darkness." Which of the three Keyblade apprentices is most associated with Master Xehanort--Terra, Aqua, or Ven? Terra is the one actively seeking MX out, while Ven is searching for Terra and Aqua is worrying about both of them. MX, being a "villain" of sorts, is obviously involved with Darkness--his Keyblade, eyes, and position as a Xehanort and villain all point towards an involvement with darkness. Terra seems to be closest to MX.
These things can all allude to some sort of transformation or something--the ending result being the Dark Soldier.

Last edited:

XYZ

Shalacked?

This has little to do with the topic, but Heartless cannot wield Keyblades because they are hearts that have been taken by darkness. A dark heart isn't fit to wield a Keyblade--Riku is an exception, because he possesses both light and darkness in high quantities.

Also, Roxas is a special Nobody--it still isn't known if he has a Heart, half of a heart, no heart, or something else, so it's possible he isn't a conventional Nobody anyway. Xion is also a special case.

I remember reading it, though since it hasn't been mentioned since, and it was mentioned a long time ago, it's possible that either it was a rumor or it was scrapped. If anybody can verify this trailer, I'd be happy with a link.
Zomg, why does everyone think that? All hearts contain Darkness, minus the Seven Hearts of Pure Light. It has never been said that people with darkness in their hearts cannot wield Keyblades. Even the legend of the Keyblade states that it would bring about the world's end or save it.. Or something. And if you are referring to Master Xehanort's statement about Keybades and those with Darkness in their hearts, he said they are not 'worthy'.

XYZ

yeah! that's why MX doesn't necessarily wield one right?
No.
Between Master Xehanort+ his apprentice and TAV, MX and his apprentice wield Keyblades that actually feature chains. Even though TAV whip 'em out all the time, they are not complete Keyblades. Master Xehanort just doesn't depend on it in combat (Which I think is pretty neat).

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
A dark heart isn't fit to wield a Keyblade--Riku is an exception

Having a heart of darkness doesn't disqualify a being from being a wielder. They just need what it takes to wield a keyblade, a particularly strong heart. Someone with the darkest heart imaginable could, hypothetically, be fit to wield a keyblade. That is, if their heart is strong enough to be qualified for one.

Grey

Zomg, why does everyone think that? All hearts contain Darkness, minus the Seven Hearts of Pure Light. It has never been said that people with darkness in their hearts cannot wield Keyblades. Even the legend of the Keyblade states that it would bring about the world's end or save it.. Or something. And if you are referring to Master Xehanort's statement about Keybades and those with Darkness in their hearts, he said they are not 'worthy'.

Are you suggesting that Heartless CAN wield Keyblades?

I never actually said that those with Darkness couldn't wield Keyblades, I said they weren't fit to wield them. I was alluding more towards what MX said, as well as the general state of things--those with a lot of darkness in their hearts usually don't have the strongest Hearts--hence, Riku is an exception.

Think of Riku--he wasn't able to wield the Keyblade until after Sora's battle with him in the Land of Dragons. This is because of the darkness in his heart.

Right now, I don't have the time to explain... if somebody else can explain why Heartless cannot wield Keyblades (despite it being obvious that they cannot), they're free to (duh). Otherwise, we're getting off-topic.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Think of Riku--he wasn't able to wield the Keyblade until after Sora's battle with him in the Land of Dragons. T

That's a continuity error, since Riku had the Way to Dawn much earlier in the KH storyline. All the way back to Days in fact.

XYZ

Are you suggesting that Heartless CAN wield Keyblades?

I never actually said that those with Darkness couldn't wield Keyblades, I said they weren't fit to wield them. I was alluding more towards what MX said, as well as the general state of things--those with a lot of darkness in their hearts usually don't have the strongest Hearts--hence, Riku is an exception.

Think of Riku--he wasn't able to wield the Keyblade until after Sora's battle with him in the Land of Dragons. This is because of the darkness in his heart.

Right now, I don't have the time to explain... if somebody else can explain why Heartless cannot wield Keyblades (despite it being obvious that they cannot), they're free to (duh). Otherwise, we're getting off-topic.
That was Riku's 2nd try at a Keyblade. Remember when he took the Keyblade from Sora in KH? I doubt a Heartless could wield a Keyblade, it seems to defeat the whole "The Heartless Fear the Keyblade" scheme. It would have to be another Humanoid Heartless like ASoD. But I'm not expecting it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back