• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Dark Solstice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Sora:.

Sorry I couldn't think of a better title ^^'
anywho...

There exists and uncharted island where the descendants of the gods live, each family bearing a specific element: Fire, water, thunder, wind, and earth. There was also a family bearing darkness, but darkness was never regarded as a real element, more as a curse, so that family was exiled.

After the gods created the world, the god of darkness, Marukah, tried to overthrow the leader of all the gods, Raidon, god of thunder, and take over the world. He lost, however, and was sealed away in the core of the earth.

Millenia passed, however, and Marukah found a way to break his seal. He found all the family of darkness and through the generations raised a huge army of dark soldiers who along with Marukah, want nothing more than to eradicate the world of all other element bearers and take control of the planet. He sent his soldiers out to all cities and towns, overthrowing the people and surpressing all bearers who opposed to his will. The people have given up hope of ever being free again, and as this is an age of darkness which seems to never end, they have called this era, the dark solstice.

Marukah’s next move, was to destroy the island where the purest of all element bloodlines existed. He created monsters made purely of Darkness, called Shadox, and commanded them to overrun the planet killing anyone they encountered. They were careless however, and a few youths, now learning how to perfect their powers, managed to survive...

*Notes*
1. If you’re going to be evil, and be a bearer of darkness, the darkness element is like one of death, so create attacks to suit.
2. There are other bearers other than those who lived on the island, but their bloodline isn’t as pure, they were born from a normal person and a bearer. They don’t use their powers however, because Dark soldiers roam the cities and kill anyone with signs of elemental power. There are however, underground rebel groups who train to one day overthrow Marukah with an army of their own.
3. The gods know of Marukah’s plan but cannot physically interfere. To those especially in tune with their powers, they may contact them spiritually and give them guidance.
4. The element one bears is part of that person's soul. The strength of thier power is based on thier emotions. It takes a strong feeling or a powerful memory to create a new level of skill.
5. Bearer: Anyone who wields an element.
Names of the gods:
Thunder god: Raidon spirit form: wolf
Darkness god: Marukah spirit form: snake
Water goddess: Nirune spirit form: horse
Fire goddess: Iska spirit form: Phoenix
Earth god: Ganjo Spirit form: Lion
Wind goddess: Leiko Spirit form: Swan

RULES
*No God Moding
*No killing anyone
*No cursing
*Romance is a must
*try to write at least four lines per post, those one liners are annoying.
*Type “Solstice” before your template

After you post your template you can start right away.

Template

Name:
Element:
Appearance:
Weapon:
Special element abilities/attacks: (and also state whether your powers are mastered or still developing)
Bio:

Here’s mine

Name: Xion
Element: Thunder
Appearance:http://www.deviantart.com/view/12193439/
Weapon:
sword.jpg

special element abilities/attacks: can use lightening to speed up his muscles and run at super speed, can attract metal things towards him, can channel lightening through his sword. -Powers still developing.
Bio: Xion lived on the uncharted island peacefully with his parents. They never told him the name of it, and he never questioned it, until he came back from the beach to find the entire town in smoldering ruins and no one to be found. Now he vows to never rest until he finds out who did this.
Xion is a very upbeat kid, lively, likes to joke around, is competitive, loyal and caring. He seems to feel like he always has something to prove.
Always stands up for what he believes in.

Here goes:

Xion squinted as the salty sea air blew around his face. The sun was painted orange with the setting sun as he sheathed his sword into the scabbard on his back and made his way back up the beach. It had been another boring day as per usual; get up, do chores, practice powers, go home, sleep. Blue sparks of lightening flickered around his hand as he became more and more annoyed at the thought. He had mastered the attraction and speed perfectly, and he was now getting the hand of channeling the lightening through his steel sword, Zer'rek. He had been trying to shoot lightening columns, but he still didn't have the strength, and he didn't know why. It felt as though he needed something, to break this sortof barrier boxing him in. As he reached the end of the sand and met the grassy path that led to his hometown, he looked up to see billowing smoke. 'The heck...' he thought. It was normal for one of the younger fire family members to lose control once in a while, but this smoke seemed too strong and black for that to be the cause. Sensing something was wrong, he ran towards the large iron gates of the town to find out what had happened.

Perception╘Truth

Deception is Truth, Verity is Lying
Awards
In and out of what is real and what is true
Template

Name:Marx
Element:Fire
Appearance:http://bishounen.info/kurama/kurama7.jpg exceot he wears jeans and a black t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off.
Weapon:
rapier.jpg
and
g021_01.gif

Special element abilities/attacks: Marx can summon fire at will and mold it into any shape and increase or decrease its heat. He can create mirages with it and clones that are made of fire. He can also heat the molecules around him so they move at light speed and send them at oppenents, putting microscopic holes in their body, where he plants deadly flowers. He is still developing his powers.
Bio:Marx is a son of Iska and uses his fire more conservatively then his siblings. He has a passion for flowers and grows his own kinds. He is fairly hurt about the dark age and wishes to see it stopped. He is best friends with Xion but has become a bit cold after finding his home destroyed.

Xion skidded to a stop to find crumbling, charred houses and flaming rubble. There were what looked like black stains on the ground, everywhere. He ran through the ruined streets, searching for his parents and friends. They were no where to be seen. Choking through the dense smoke, he stumbled into the main square, littered with broken brick and glass. His eyes watering, he looked up to see Marx standing there looking in all directions. He ran up to him.
"M-Marx!" He choked. "Where is everybody? Whats- *cough* whats going on?!"

Perception╘Truth

Awards
"It's over Xion, it's over." Marx stood back and looked at the 20 seeds he saved from his gardens."This is all I have left, you and some seeds." Marx pulled out his bow and shot an arrow out at the sea, using his power to send it further on. "That is all we are, arrows in the sky."

Xion grabbed his shoulder. "We don't have time to think about that right now! Look around you!" He looked in all directions frantically. "Do you know what happened? who did this? Where is every body?!" He was panicking. He never would have imagined that something like this could happen so suddenly.

yado

I taste delicious
Name:Kentex
Element:earth
Appearance:give me a bit, okay
Weapon:A silver warhammer
Special element abilities/attacks: Move rocks short distantces. Use rock to make self horrably powerful.
Bio:Kentex was never very well known. He spent most of his time teaching himself his element but struggled since it was hard to work with rock on a island. His parents went away when he was 6 so he was on his own most of his life.
------------------------------------------
Kentex Opened his eyes. there was some rocks on him and even some flameing stone on him."I...got to focus my energy." He said and tossed the rocks off him using his powers."Damn, what happened." He said standing up. He put his hand to his lip and fet that he was bleeding."figures." He said and looked around
"Who would have thought this was once our home" He said looking at the rubble."wonder who else made it." He said looking up at the sky.

Xion thought he heard loud crashing sound, as though there had been some sort of landslide, or rocks had fallen. He looked over to the other side of the square, where he saw a boy around his age emerging from a pile of rubble. His lip was bleeding. As he was looking up into the sky Xion ran towards him.

ooc: Ok we need some more people to join c'mon people get in on this I worked hard thinking this up X_x

yado

I taste delicious
OOC:More people wil come....i think
IC:Kentex continued to look at the sky untill he heard some footsteps. He lowered his head and glanced over his shoulder to see Xion running towards him."O, so some other people did survive whatever it is that happen." He said turning around.
"So, if you don't mind me asking, whats your name." He asked as he glanced around the rubble to see if he could notice anyone else.

"Uh, my name's Xion." He said. The boy seemed unperturbed by the fact that he'd just been crushed by a ton of rubble, and he didn't even seem that hurt. It was then that Xion saw him absent mindedly juggling some small rocks on the air with his hand. "You're an earth-bearer..." He said.
"Well c'mon, the more people we find the better. My friend Marx is back there," He pointed "So we should stick together and look for other survivors."
He saw the black marks on the ground here too. He knelt down and touched one. It had a slight burning sensation.
"He looked up at the boy. "What do you think this is? Oh yeah, and whats your name?"

yado

I taste delicious
"The names Kentex." Kentex said glancing down at the black marks on the ground."and that looks like ash. probally from the burning rock around here." Kentex said looking around."As for finding people, thats going to be tough." He said looking around. He pushed his hands together so they glowed and pulled them apart."But, earth will have its advantage." He said walking forward and tossing the rubble aside to look for survivers.((sorry, g2g))

Xion watched Kentex for a while. He seemed to be very powerful. Very in control. A single spark flashed passed his eyes as he felt a little jealous. It was deathly quiet now. Xion remembered Marx and tried to peer through the swirling dust and ash clouds to make out if he was still there. Instead he saw a silhouette of a person walking towards them. It wasn't Marx.

ooc:This is sorta like a new post/bump of this thread, c'mon people, join! ^_^

Perception╘Truth

Awards
Marx stood along the shore thinking of all the pain and hurt that everyone else must be showing. Finally he let it out. A wall of flame shot out 150 ft from where he was standing into the ocean. Another shot 150 ft behind, and two more to either side of him. Then below and above, until at last a sphere of fire, 300 ft in diameter was floating 50 ft off the ground. The heat was so intense it turned the sand to glass and it boiled the sea. Birds feathers caught on fire and they fell, down, down, down. At last the flames shot off in all directions and Marx was once again on the beach.

Kingdom_Hearts_R

Hi .:Sora:,!! I'll join!

Name: Xparky (Pronounced Sparky)
Element: Thunder
Appearance: http://www.simplywondering.com/images/LittleCatGirl.jpg except her cat ears and tail are fake.
Weapon: chakrams (kinda like Axel's except yellow)
Special Element Abilities/attacks: ...I don't know right now
Powers are developing
Bio: younger sister of Xion (just a thought). Xparky competes with him a lot. Determinded but a little immature for her age. She awoke one day and saw smoke from her window. So she went out looking for the cause.

Alrighty I'll get started.

Xparky suddenly awoke in alarm. She thought she heard a landslide. She sat up on her bed and calmed down. She turned to her yelow lava lamp on her bedside table. She then turned to the window, curious of the crackling noise. She pulled on her fake cat ears and tail that laid on her floor and went outside. Outside she was appalled by all the smoke and burned houses. She saw Xion standing just staring at the damage. Maybe he knew what happened and walked slowly toward him.

Xion recognised the cat ears at once, and ran towards his sister. "Xparky! Are you ok?!" He exclaimed, grabbing her shoulders. He looked around and behind her, but there was no one. She was alone. "Have you seen anyone else??" He asked her frantically.

Kingdom_Hearts_R

"Only you." Xparky answered sadly. "Not a pretty sight to see!" she said, smiling at him. "Just kidding! Do you know what happened?" Xparky asked looking around as well.

Last edited:

Xion poked her playfully, glad that she was ok. " I don't really know," He answered. He looked around. "But judging from the smoke, and the destroyed buildings..." He looked at her. "I'd say we've been attacked. By someone..or something..really powerful. And we're gonna find out what!" He said, grabbing her hand and running down one of the debris-littered streets.

Kingdom_Hearts_R

Xparky nearly tripped as her brother dragged her through the streets. As they ran by, she saw a dark figure leaning against an alley wall. She kept running, still staring at the figure. It turned its head and stared at her. It had bright amber eyes. What is that thing? she wondered. But suddenly, she knocked into a pole, fell down, and just decided to faint.

Last edited:

Xion had run another two steps before realising that Xparky's hand wasn't in his anymore. He looked behind him to see her passed out on the ground. He skidded to a stop and knelt down next to her. "Xparky! Xparky!!" He half-shouted, becoming panicked. This was the last thing he needed in a situation like this. Mom would kill him...if she was around..."Raaaah!!!" Xion growled, frustrated. He put his hand on Xparky's stomach, and send a few weak shocks through her body, hoping it would revive her.

Kingdom_Hearts_R

"owwwwwww!!!" Xparky shouted as she revived from her passed out stage. "You Dumbo!! I may have the same powers as you, but that still hurt!!" Xparky slapped your brother's cheek. She looked around for a moment. "Where are we anyway?" she turned around and saw the amber eyes again. She followed it as if hypnotized as it ran off.

"Ahh!!" Xion exclaimed as he felt the sting from his sister's hand. "What the hell! You'd rather I just leave you here to be taken up by God knows who?!! Hey where're you going!" He asked as he saw his sister get up and run off. He ran after her, rubbing his cheek with his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back