• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The difficulty of Kingdom Hearts 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pap64

This was something I was thinking about during a field trip I had today...

The original Kingdom hearts was a pretty challenging game in the normal difficulty setting. There would be times where I endlessly die during a major boss fight. And the hard difficulty was even worse! Then Chain of memories came and it was a hard game too. The awkward card battle system made it even worse.

So I was thinking, one concern I have right now is that KH 2 might be harder than the first game. Not that I am against hard, challenging games or anything but when developers ram up the difficulty it gets too unfair sometimes. Namco did this with Xenosaga 2. It was much harder than the first game, forcing you to use all of the complicated attacks.

This is probably we have two forms, a refined combo system, co-op moves and a yet to be announced summon system. The game will be hard to the point where you WILL use everything you have at hand in order to beat it.

So what do you think? Do you think they should ramp up the difficulty or should they be fair and offer various degrees of difficulty like in the first game?

-pap64

vinnieminnie

i like really hard games that take forever to beat
so i think they should make it harder

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
I think its going to be like the first game...but then again the first game wasnt really that difficult for me...

nightmare dragon

in the flaming bloody mouth of the blue dragon
I want it to be hard because that makes more challenging and lomg, and whats the sense playing an easy game? what we want(i dont know if you) is that the game can be more strategic and logic(i dont say that the game is ilogic but to put it some thinking and not pass through doors and kill heartless)

that my opinion, dont spawn me, im a newb, and sorry if i make your thread bad pap64

OmegaTwilight

I truly hope they make this game harder than the first two. they were a piece of cake for me. And if you want a really hard game, play ninja gaiden.

DragonRider1234

if u think the first game was hard, then u need to look into some more games because that game was a walk in the park. my 9 yr old sister beat it with no problam.

moogles

KH was an incredibly easy game except for the hidden bosses. I would guess that KH2 would be more difficult because they have added more to the battle system.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
I honesly think that KHII will be on the easy side. Yes..there will mostly likely be difficultly levels, but I dont see them being all that difficult. Simply because of the 'ghizmult' of the game... How much stuff it in it. I'd like it, but do you know how many complaints there will be if every single enemy or boss (which there will be TONS of'em) was really hard? Thats why I think it would be on the difficult side.

What I think would be perfect is that the normal enemies...Heartless/Dusk would be semi easy..no sweat. The Worlds Bosses.. pretty difficult. Thirteenth Order...Extremely Hard...seeing as there will only be a handful, and each one quite unique from eachother.

Kira Haro

Unknown
pap64 said:
This was something I was thinking about during a field trip I had today...

The original Kingdom hearts was a pretty challenging game in the normal difficulty setting. There would be times where I endlessly die during a major boss fight. And the hard difficulty was even worse! Then Chain of memories came and it was a hard game too. The awkward card battle system made it even worse.
You'd have to be less than 13 not to understand tactics, which proves my case and makes you look foolish at the same time. If anything, the only hard boss of KH would be Oogie Boogie for his odd sense of fighting, Dragon Malificent, and Riku-posessed by Ansem.
pap64 said:
So I was thinking, one concern I have right now is that KH 2 might be harder than the first game. Not that I am against hard, challenging games or anything but when developers ram up the difficulty it gets too unfair sometimes.
Yes, and no, the developers won't ram the difficulty too high.
pap64 said:
Namco did this with Xenosaga 2. It was much harder than the first game, forcing you to use all of the complicated attacks.

LMFAO.

pap64 said:
This is probably we have two forms, a refined combo system, co-op moves and a yet to be announced summon system. The game will be hard to the point where you WILL use everything you have at hand in order to beat it.
Obvious observation. Of course you'll have to use everything at your disposal if they're going to toss weapons around like that.
pap64 said:
So what do you think? Do you think they should ramp up the difficulty or should they be fair and offer various degrees of difficulty like in the first game?
Multiple difficulty settings, one ending with something along the lines of "Massacre-esque, Ruthless, Heartless'.

Last edited:
S

Scarecrow

OK, whoever said that Devil may cry 3 was difficult should get a reality check. Apart from Beowulf that game was quite easy. Ninja gaiden isn't really as hard as everyone says. But to get back on topic. I hope Kh2 is harder then KH, but not to hard ofcourse. I don't want a difficult boss or a difficult piece which I just can't defeat to get in the way of my fun.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing
i deffinitly want kh2 to be more challenging than kh, kh was 2 easy if u can beat it in 4 days there is something wrong lol, anyway they already said kh2 was going to be a lot more challenging in an interview so im not worried lol

pap64

Kiros Aurion said:
You'd have to be less than 13 not to understand tactics, which proves my case and makes you look foolish at the same time. If anything, the only hard boss of KH would be Oogie Boogie for his odd sense of fighting, Dragon Malificent, and Riku-posessed by Ansem.
Yes, and no, the developers won't ram the difficulty too high.

LMFAO.

Obvious observation. Of course you'll have to use everything at your disposal if they're going to toss weapons around like that.

Multiple difficulty settings, one ending with something along the lines of "Massacre-esque, Ruthless, Heartless'.

Who says I will look like a fool? I am being honest here. While now I can breeze through the game without any problems when I got the game for the first time I did die in a majority of the battles and there were many battles that I barely passed them alive. A lot of magazines congratulated KH for being a challenging game instead of using the Disney name as an excuse to dumb the game down. And yes, I was able to defeat Sephiroth, multiple times as well. That's how I was able to level up all the way to 100 with Sora.

And that "LMFAO" comment, I have a friend that is a big Xenosaga fan and he told me that breezing through the game by just hitting random buttons was not gonna work and that once he sat down and figured out ALL of the complicated techniques that he was able to play the game.

And even though I have been playing games since the Atari games, I have NEVER played them to master them. I play them to have fun, to experience excellent gameplay and enjoy everything they have to offer. Now I don't like to play extremely hard games because I get too frustrated and stop being fun for me. This is the kind of gamer I am. If you play games so that you can prove you're the best and all, fine. But don't mock us gamers that like games with average and medium difficulty level just because we spend half of our lives trying to master a game for a meaningless title.

-pap64

Don Daada

i want it ta be challenging..because that makes for a longer game, thus it makes for a better game. What's the sense of beating the game in a mer 15 -20 hours..for kh2 i want at least 50 hours of gameplay...i want it to be where i could play it for a month...day and night..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back