• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The DisInsider: Big Hero 6 Characters coming to the MCU.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Yes, that's right. There's going to be a Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Baymax and Hiro.

For context, Big Hero 6 was originally a Marvel Comics series, but after Disney acquired Marvel Entertainment in 2009, Bob Iger requested that Walt Disney Animation Studios "Disnify" a Marvel property as a Disney-proper property and Big Hero 6 was chosen as that property.

When Big Hero 6 was announced to get an animated feature, Marvel reported that they were no longer going to be associated with the property, so that meant no new comics to promote the movie and no reprints of the existing Marvel Comics of Big Hero 6. This was so that the Disney version of Big Hero 6 was not creatively constraint to the Marvel version of Big Hero 6.

That was always going to be the case... Until now. The DisInsider has a very strong track record for scoops so expect this to be true.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Is Baymax going to be like the comic or like the animated film one? If he's not like the animated film one, then meh...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Is Baymax going to be like the comic or like the animated film one? If he's not like the animated film one, then meh...
It seems that it's going to be a version of Baymax and Hiro that are native to the MCU. Who knows how much inspiration their design are going to take from the comics because it's always a case-by-case basis depending on the character.

The Walt Disney Animation Studios version is still its own thing as evidence by the Baymax show for Disney+.

Megavoltage

Awards
I wonder when it will be released and how much the MCU will be affected by their presence

The San Fransokyo crew having adventures in the MCU sounds fun. I bet they'd get along well with Spider-Man and the Ant-Man team, they could have science hero adventures together. Justin Hammer and the other leftover Iron Man villains would be a nice fit for rogues.

Awards
This is big.

This'll be the first time Marvel fully acknowledges BH6 ever since their final appearance in the Ends of the Earth storyline of The Amazing Spider-Man.

And depending on how they exactly get it done, this'll obviously open the door to Marvel in future KH games. Cuz multiverse and all that jazz.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Huh, I'm curious to see how they'll be incorproated. My gut feeling is they might make an appearance as part of the multiverse if it's the San Frantokiyo crew, or if they're a Japanese based team that they'll still have more influence from the show.

There is always the possibility that it's an original take on them. Though their inclusion seems so random to me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I was going to warn last night that DisInsider gets as many wrong as they get right, but didn't want to rain on the parade.

Last edited:
Awards
Screw you, Derek. Second scoop you've bungled in the last month.

Why'd I even think Marvel would acknowledge BH6 again? They basically disowned them by not even bothering to reprint the comics

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly, when I heard this I immediately thought Big Hero 6 would be used in "Into The Spiderverse" sequel. But then I remembered that's not part of the MCU.

I'm not even sure what Hiro and Baymax would do in the MCU. It would be a kind of weird crossover to have a DISNEY film have a live action counterpart completely different. I feel like DISNEY wouldn't want to have merchandise for live-action Baymax and animated Baymax (especially when animated Baymax is a major seller).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, when I heard this I immediately thought Big Hero 6 would be used in "Into The Spiderverse" sequel. But then I remembered that's not part of the MCU.

I'm not even sure what Hiro and Baymax would do in the MCU. It would be a kind of weird crossover to have a DISNEY film have a live action counterpart completely different. I feel like DISNEY wouldn't want to have merchandise for live-action Baymax and animated Baymax (especially when animated Baymax is a major seller).
Big Hero 6 was originally a marvel property. The characters in the Disney film are different to the comics. Them appearing in the MCU would probably be closer to those original designs and character traits than the Disney versions.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Speaking of San Fransokyo...

It doesn’t exist in the MCU. Or more specifically it’s still regular ol’ San Francisco.
The animated version of Big Hero 6 is part of Disney canon and not Marvel. Outside of the copyright to Walt Disney Animation Studios, you can tell because Big Hero 6 has made cameo appearances in Zootopia, Moana and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Variety is saying it isn’t happening.

Willow A113

Awards

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I can't access Twitter. What does that say?
Variety, the publication that debunked DisInsider's scoop of Big Hero 6 appearing in the MCU posted a tweet saying "Got a confidential tip for Variety? Submit it here https://variety.com/tips/" only for Skyler Shuler of DisInsider to quote Retweet saying "😏 Yeah Big Hero 6 characters are coming to the MCU..."

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Big Hero 6 was originally a marvel property. The characters in the Disney film are different to the comics. Them appearing in the MCU would probably be closer to those original designs and character traits than the Disney versions.
I know that Big Hero 6 was originally a MARVEL comic.

I was saying that DISNEY wouldn't want to dilute the Big Hero 6 brand by having the live action Big Hero 6 merchandise and the animated merchandise - especially when the animated one (specifically the animated Baymax) is a huge seller and incredibly popular.

Back