• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Drop Meter: How long does it last?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsy

So how long does the Drop meter normally last before forcing a switch to the other character? This has been on my mind now since reading another thread in this forum, and I'm really just now starting to think that this feature is going to annoy me so much, lol. I do know there are certain things in the game you can do to either slow down or stop the drop meter, though.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
There are ways to make it last longer, too, I believe. But yeah I think that is around where it is by default I think. I have seen people go on for over half an hour though.

Auron0521

Website
rekisblade.webs.com
Isn't fighting enemies one of the ways to keep it from draining? There's probably an item similar to an HP orb or D-Link crystal that drops from certain enemies and replenishes part of the Drop Gauge.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I believe it was said to be fifteen minutes, but I'm not sure.

Also, does this really belong in the Spoilers section? I would assume this to be a spoiler-free question.

MardukKurios

If you want to know how long it lasts, it depends on several things, first of all the "standard Drop" will happen after like 15 Minutes if I am not that wrong (not that I checked the clock for this) but the Dream Eater Sheep has an Attack which can rise your Drop Meter, also the Frog Dream Eater.

Standard is 1.0 but if it gets higher, the Gauge will deplete a bit faster.

BUT there are some Items to refresh the Drop Gauge, Morning Bell and Morning Alarm, the Bell Item will refresh 50% of the Drop Gauge while the Alarm will refresh the Gauge completely and reduce the Drop Speed. Same goes for Elixir and Last Elixir, doing the same.

Sora also has the possibility to Refresh the Gauge by the Command "Break Time", but its a chance of 1 to 3 to activate this.

So you can actually "play" with one Character for Hours, as long as you have those Items to refresh this once for a while, I played it like this, it was nice to give the next Character 999 Drop Points for all those Bonuses ;)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
If you want to know how long it lasts, it depends on several things, first of all the "standard Drop" will happen after like 15 Minutes if I am not that wrong (not that I checked the clock for this) but the Dream Eater Sheep has an Attack which can rise your Drop Meter, also the Frog Dream Eater.

Standard is 1.0 but if it gets higher, the Gauge will deplete a bit faster.

BUT there are some Items to refresh the Drop Gauge, Morning Bell and Morning Alarm, the Bell Item will refresh 50% of the Drop Gauge while the Alarm will refresh the Gauge completely and reduce the Drop Speed. Same goes for Elixir and Last Elixir, doing the same.

Sora also has the possibility to Refresh the Gauge by the Command "Break Time", but its a chance of 1 to 3 to activate this.

So you can actually "play" with one Character for Hours, as long as you have those Items to refresh this once for a while, I played it like this, it was nice to give the next Character 999 Drop Points for all those Bonuses ;)

Wow that's really good to know. Thanks for the info!

MardukKurios

Thank you very much! :)

I took another look to the Ultimania about this matter:

The Drop Speed is calculated like this:
270 / Drop Speed Number / 30

So if the Drop Speed Number is "1" the Endinformation is 9.

But if you use for example 2 then you get out 45. So actually I am not sure how "fast" it would deplete after this. But the Drop System is linked to a "Forecast" System of the Game. In the Menu/World Map etc. you can see a Forecast System which is individual for each world at the same time.

If Sora drops and Riku takes the place, the forecast will take place, like for example "More Treasures" or "Moogle Shop 20%" those forecasts also determine the Drop Speed:

Nothing: 1.0
HP Ball Up: 1.0
Munny Up: 1.0
Moogle Shop 20%: 1.0
Magic Up: 1.3
More Treasures: 1.6
Stronger Enemies: 2.0

But still there are those Items, now I checked again:

Break Time (Sora Only): restores 50%
Morning Bell: restores 50%
Morning Alarm: Fully restored and Drop Speed Set back
Last Elixir: Fully restored and Drop Speed Set back

I should check when a Drop happens with 1.0 Drop Speed, somehow I think it will be after 10 Minutes.

MardukKurios

Hmm, not bad. When you look at it this way and the right items, time before dropping could go on for a extra few minutes, yes or no?

I don't know what happens if you use these Items when in Bonus Time... but I think you can charge your Drop Gauge by 50% ;)

Actually I have played more than 2 hours with Sora with using this Item once in a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back