• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Final Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria

braver by the minute
Chapter 10: Maybe I’m Dreaming

Memories played like film clips in Xena’s dreams. One memory would play out, and then move on to another one. They flooded her mind, made it impossible to think or feel anything but what she was remembering.

“Nea! Come back here, it’s time to eat!” A woman’s voice called to Nea. Nea ran back towards the voice, her mother. The forest around her was full of life. She could hear the soft pitter patter of rain dripping from leaves, the sneaky fox tiptoeing throughout the forest, and the cries of newborn animals. The ground was moist against her bare feet and smelled of moss, flowers and rain. The sun shone down on the meadow in a cloudless sky. Birds flew above her head, dancing together through the sky.

Nea stared at her mother while she ran. She was wearing a green dress that matched the forest’s color. She was tall, with delicate features, light blonde hair, and sparkling hazel eyes. Through Nea’s four year old eyes she was the prettiest lady in the entire world.

When she finally reached her mother, little Nea jumped up and down in protest. Her face crumpled in anger and she screeched, “My name’s not Nea! I’m Tori now!”

Her mother smiled, showing her perfect white teeth, “No you’re much too little. You’d be a kotori, a teeny little birdie.”

“No, no! I’m just Tori! Like the ones in the sky!” She shrieked in an extremely high pitched voice.

Her mother took two strides and scooped Nea up, “Then that means you can fly!” She tossed Nea up in the air and caught her as she fell. Nea squealed the entire time. Her mother threw her into the air again and again, a little higher each time. The wind blew against Nea and she spread her wings out like the birds in the sky.

“See Mommy, see? I told you I could fly!”

Laughter rang throughout the trees. Two girls, one around eight and the other around ten ran loudly through the green forest. They stumbled out into a clearing. The sun looked down upon them from the middle of the perfectly blue sky. The two girls were holding their sides with bright red faces.

Aila was laughing so hard she was crying and gasping between words, “Tori…
my brother’s…going to find us” She laughed and caught her breath, “Need a hiding place… now!”

Tori was laughing just like Aila. Se pushed her long caramel colored hair behind her ear and said, “K… I know… a good place. Ilan…will never find us.”
They ran back into the forest to continue the game.

2 years later

“No, Tori, you played the wrong rhythm,” Aila gave Tori her look that screamed do what I want, now. She turned and looked at Ilan, “Right Ilan? It’s totally the wrong rhythm.”

“But it sounds better this way, doesn’t it Ilan?” Tori said. Ilan’s eyes darted back and forth between the two girls.

“Uh, I don’t know. Um, maybe, play a new song.”

Aila looked at her wooden flute. “But this one’s my favorite song!” She whined.

“Can we please just play it this way, Aila? It sounds better I promise,” Tori assured her. She played a little bit of the song her way, and then looked back at Aila.

Aila sighed, “Fine, we’ll try it. But if I don’t like it we change it, okay?” Tori agreed, and they went on playing.

“Ilan, you’re my best friend. You know that, right?” Tori asked. She leaned her head against Ilan’s shoulder. A thousand stars lit up the sky that they stared at. The grass at the top of the hill they sat on swayed back and forth in the wind. A sigh escaped from Ilan’s mouth.

“I know Nea, I know.”

“Tori, why? Why are you doing this?” His hand reached out to her, but she backed away. Tears sprung to her eyes, but she held them back. His hand slowly dropped back to his side. They were older now, 14 years olds with problems of adults.

“This is what I need to do, Ilan,” Tori said. With extreme regret, she took a step towards him. She took his hands and pressed something cold and smooth against it. She closed his hands around the object. “Make sure that everyone stays safe. I’m counting on you,” With those cold and final words she ran into the trees. Ilan stood frozen in his position, staring longingly at where Tori had disappeared. The thing she had pressed into his hand jabbed into his palm. He opened his palm a little, and the object gleamed in the moonlight.

“I counted on you too.”

“You’re leaving!?” Aila screeched.

Tori nodded her head, “It’s not like I want to-“

“Then don’t,” Aila said. She stared at Tori with her big, pleading hazel eyes. “Just stay here, please. It’ll make my brother happy. It’ll make me happy.”

“I can’t Aila. I-I need to go,” She was close to tears now. Tori wiped her eyes with her hand and pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket. She sniffled, handed the note to Aila, and said, “My mom would want to know where I am.”

Aila took the note without a word. She read skimmed the note, and then stared at Tori with eyes of ice, “You’re not helping anyone by leaving! Do you know that?” She stomped on the ground, threw her hands up in the air and said, “What are we supposed to do now?”

Tori was already running back into the trees by this point, but she stopped and yelled back to Aila, “I hope you guys will forgive me!”

Aila curled her hands into a fist. “Maybe we’ll just forget about you. It seems like you’ve forgotten us already,” Her whispers were carried with the wind, but even Tori couldn’t understand them.

Ilan was standing on the edge of the beach now, glaring at a little spot on the horizon. The sun was just starting to rise, and the sky was stained blood red. Ilan kicked his foot in the sand and threw the object far out into the ocean waves. He scowled at the horizon a little more, and then turned around. Surprise overtook him when he saw Tori standing there, but it didn’t erase the frown on his face.
“You don’t need to be here anymore,” He stated, and then walked right through her. Her body started to dissolve, and was swept away in a breeze.

1 year later

Water roared and sprayed everywhere. Ilan and Tori were standing on the rocky edge of a 20 foot tall waterfall. The beginning of the fall started where they stood, and then it spiraled down into a deep, clear pool.

“Hey, Ilan, I dare you to jump,” Tori gave him a daring smile.

He look at her, baffled, “Are you crazy? I don’t know how deep the pool is!”

She shook her wet hair from the spray of the fall, “Please? It’ll be exciting!”

Ilan looked at the pool with mixed emotions. “I don’t know. I don’t like falling.”

“We won’t be falling. We’ll be flying,” Tori reached over and took his hand, “On three, One… two… three!”

They sprang from the edge of the waterfall into the air. The mixture of the sound of the air rushing past their heads and the roar of the falls was almost deafening. Nonetheless, Tori felt free, if only for a second. The trees blurred together to make a great green blob in the field of their vision, but within seconds they hit the water with a boom. They flew down deep into the icy pool.

Tori opened her eyes under the water. The water was a perfect clear blue coloring. She looked at Ilan, who’s hair was floating everywhere around his face. Bubbles bobbed up to the surface of the pool when she laughed. Their eyes met for a second, and Ilan swam to where she was, until they were barely an inch apart. Ilan’s eyes closed, and their lips met. When the kiss ended Tori opened her eyes. She felt happy and warm on the inside. Even the water wasn’t so cold anymore.

The scene faded away, and she was left in darkness. The warm feelings were gone, replaced with a dull echo of what they were. She was falling, falling down into the nothingness. There was nothing that she could see, only the darkness. Her arms flailed as she tried to grab onto something, but there was nothing that she could hold on to. So she let go. She didn’t try to fight anymore. There was nothing for her to fight for anymore. As she was sinking further and further down she heard a voice. It seemed to be coming from inside her head, but it wasn't her voice.

Never forget…
you are the one who will seal the door.
Her feet touched something solid, and at that instant her eyes flew open. It was still dark in her room, and there was no noise coming from the hallway. She sighed and lay back down onto the blankets. Remembering the dreams, she stared off into space. Did all of that really happen, or was this the dream? She couldn’t figure out which one was real. But the dreams… they were so real. Xena just couldn’t get over the fact that in the dreams she felt complete, and like she belonged there. Her eyes slowly started to close again, trying to escape the mysteries for a little while, but the words kept repeating in her head. You are the one who will seal the door.

Last edited:

Aria

braver by the minute
oooh Aria, you just love intuigue don't you :p

Yes, yes I do :D

Okay so I'm going on vacation until the 31st, so I won't be able to post or write anything. So yeah no more chapters until 2010 :eek: I made some minor edits to chapters 7 and 10 because I messed up with their ages. So that means Xena is 15 and she who shall be named later in this chapter is 17. Not saying her name up here :) And this chapter takes place the day after chapter four, so it's Xena's 31st day in the organization.

Chapter 11: Target

“49!”

“67! Beat ‘cha!”

“51! It’s not over yet!”

Xena sliced her harp in the middle of a Heartless, making it dissolve into darkness. “That’s 68! Do you give up yet?” She shouted at Roxas, who was whacking at another Heartless a few feet away from her.

With a strike of his keyblade another heartless faded. He wiped off his brow with his hand, “Nah! I’m just starting to catch up!” A Heartless jumped at him, and he swung at it like it was a baseball, “That one’s number 53!”

The two continued their mission like this for another hour until the sky started to lose its blue color. Xena ended up winning 212 to 196, much to Roxas’ disappointment. They had been fighting outside the old haunted mansion, and they started to walk towards the clock tower to meet Axel. They skipped and laughed and talked about nothing important, just like every other night, but then Xena stopped, suddenly feeling light headed. She rubbed her head a little and breathed deeply. One… two… three… She counted slowly in her head. The dizziness passed, but her head still ached a little.

“Hey, Roxas, I’m going back to the castle, my head’s hurting,” She said to him.

He looked at her apprehensively, “Are you sure? I can come with you if you wa-”

“No, no I can do it. It’s just a little headache.”

Roxas didn’t believe her, but he let her go anyway. He watched as she summoned a portal, walked into it and disappeared. He sighed a little and kept walking down the brick road, “You always say you’re fine Xena.”

Xena walked into the common room in the Castle That Never Was, or the Castle That Never Was Cleaned as she sometimes called it.

“Yo, Xena!” Demyx called from the couch. He was slouched over it, looking like he just woke up, “Want to play a song? You haven’t been playing as much lately.”
She shrugged and replied, “I don’t know. I’m kind of hungry. I just really want to get some food.”

Demyx looked disappointed, “Please? Just one song?”

“I’m just not in the mood. Sorry Demyx,” She said.

He unsuccessfully tried to hide his disappointment and said, “It’s a’right. Why don’t we get some dinner?”

She agreed, and they walked down the hallway into the dining room. It was the same color as all the other rooms in the castle, and it had a matching table in the middle of the room.

“Do you smell something burning?” Xena asked, and at that moment Xaldin, who was wearing a bright red apron, put a smoking dish on the table.

“Bon Appetit,” Xaldin mumbled, and he retreated back into the kitchen.
The table was suddenly full, with everyone but Xemnas, Xigbar, Roxas and Axel attacking the burnt food. The room erupted into noisy chaos, but went completely silent when they saw Xena standing with Demyx.

“So you’re going to honor us with your presence now?” Larxene sneered.

“I didn’t know the other members would let a dog eat at the table, bitch.” Xena snapped back.

The guys whooped and hooted, and Larxene sat dumbstruck. Xena gave her a mocking smile and sat down at the table.

Dinner with the Organization was a bizarre experience for Xena. Everyone was fighting over charred food that tasted like cardboard. Larxene even beat Marluxia with a spoon for a piece of bread at one point. Luxord had a few too many beers, and was rocking back and forth singing some song about a frog. Xena laughed and ate with everyone, and she didn’t miss being with Roxas at all.

After the dinner was devoured, things settled down a little. Everyone was still talking, laughing, and fighting extremely loud, but they were doing it without food. Xena and Marluxia decided to arm wrestle, and everyone was cheering when Xena started to gain the upper hand. Then, two pairs of footsteps were heard and the noise ceased once more.

“Eh, ‘o is the blonde?” Luxord slurred. Everyone looked up from the fight to see Xigbar standing in the doorway with a tall blonde girl standing beside him. The blonde girl looked really irritated and slightly bored. She wore a huge frown on her face.

“Yeah so we got a new member. Name’s Alixa. Make her feel welcomed blah blah blah,” Xigbar said.

Her name struck Xena and she panicked a little. “Wait? Alixa? Like A-L-I-X-A?” She questioned.

“Yeah, nice job Xena you can spell,” Xigbar responded.

“Alixa?” Xena repeated.

“Yeah, that’s my name,” Alixa remarked.

Xena looked at Alixa, and her hazel eyes flashed at Xena. “X-E-N-A…” Alixa muttered. Alixa thought for a moment, and stared fiercely at Xena. Her cheeks grew red and her eyes filled with rage. A yellow orb surrounded her hand, and when it disappeared she was left with a bow and arrow. Alixa strung the arrow and the arrowhead started to glow with a bright light. She released the arrow straight towards Xena. Xena ducked out of its path just in time, but it exploded when it hit the wall, sending rubble and dust flying around the room. Everyone started to cough and complain, but Alixa jumped on top of the table, running closer to Xena.

“Tori! You bitch!” She shouted. She strung another arrow and aimed at Xena. Alixa made sure to not miss her target again.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
OMG!!!! okay Xaldin cooks? haha

dinnner would be fun with them

AND WHAT!!? HER FRIEND! right? Woooo too much in one chappy lol

Aria

braver by the minute
OMG!!!! okay Xaldin cooks? haha

Well someone has to :D And idk if Xaldin actually does anything so he gets to be the cook lol. I considered putting him in a "kiss the cook" apron but I figured he would rather starve haha.

padlock

Awards
Aaahh!!! cliffhanger much >.< yay! this was a good chapter :) also, i would like to congratulate you, your stroytelling and writing in general has much improved since the first chapter ^__^

Sparks

gone
XD omg that chappy made me laugh. I would be so happy eating dinner with those people. Except for the burnt, cardboard part lol.

and it her friend!!! From before!!! cool!

Aria

braver by the minute
Thanks for all the comments you guys!

So I just got back today and I wrote this chappy on the plane so its still a little rough around the edges but I wanted to post something before 2010. So yeah :) Oh and just a little thing about the screens they're not for creepy weird pervy stuff lol. And I know the chapter title sucks :)

Chapter 12: A Slight Complication

“Commence phase two.” DiZ sat at his abnormally large computer, typing away on an equally large keyboard. The main monitor was the size of a large television. Smaller monitors surrounded it, and those were surrounded by over a dozen T.V. screens.

“Did Namine give you the okay to continue?” A teenage boy in an organization coat and a stood beside DiZ’s chair.

DiZ scoffed at him, “Riku, Namine is the one who thought we should go ahead.”

Riku frowned and shook some of his silver hair out of his eyes. “It’s too soon. What is she thinking?”

“You would have a much better idea of that than me.” DiZ gave him a knowing look, and then returned his attention to the monitor.

Far down the hallway from DiZ and Riku and the computers, a girl was in a room filled with dozens of T.V. screens. Over half the screens were showing different rooms in Castle Oblivion and the rest of them were from various worlds. She was paying particular attention to one of them, and when she saw what was on it her blue eyes widened. She pressed a button, and the scene replayed on the screen she had been watching. She watched it intently, and then started sprinting from the room.

Her flip flops pounded against the floor of the hallway. The hallway seemed to stretch for another mile even at her full speed. What if I can’t make it in time? she thought. The end of the hall slowly started to grow closer, until the girl was in the room with DiZ and Riku. She skidded into the room. When she tried to turn, she slipped again and landed on DiZ.

“Stop!” She panted, sprawled out on DiZ’s lap.

Riku laughed. “And you said you were sure.”

DiZ pushed the girl off of him and gave Riku the evil eye. “Namine, you told me we should proceed.”

“Yeah… but… check… monitor four,” Namine panted.

DiZ shot Riku another glance, questioning this time. A shoulder shrug was Riku’s response to it.

“If you insist…” DiZ pressed a small blue button and the image from monitor four materialized on the largest screen.

“Rewind it about three minutes,” Namine said. The screen went fuzzy for a moment and then stopped. Riku and DiZ watched the scene wordlessly, while Namine tried to decipher their reactions. Riku’s face never lost its calm composure, and only DiZ’s eyes gave away his reactions. First it was curiosity, then it turned to shock, horror, and finally deep thought.

The video ended. Only the buzzing of the computers omitted a sound.

Riku was the one to finally break the silence. “So, Alixa… Alixa as in-”

“Yes, she’s the one,” Namine responded.

DiZ leaned back in his chair to take in the situation. “Phase two can not start now, obviously.” He pondered the situation for the moment and looked to Riku and Namine. Their eyes were locked in a silent conversation, flickering every so often to the computers, DiZ, and the frozen image of Alixa aiming her bow at where Xena’s heart should be. DiZ finally gave up trying to decipher their unspoken conversation.

Riku suddenly broke eye contact with Namine and whispered, “What do we do about Alixa?” He paused and thought about the situation. “Well this complicates things.”

Last edited:

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
Ooooooh secret cameras, i thought someone was going to get caught in thier underwear or something lol Good Chappy anyway!

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Great Chapters, I didnt read Chapter 11 until now. Xaldin cooks and DiZ and Riku are perverts, lol.

Aria

braver by the minute
Ooooooh secret cameras, i thought someone was going to get caught in thier underwear or something lol Good Chappy anyway!

Great Chapters, I didnt read Chapter 11 until now. Xaldin cooks and DiZ and Riku are perverts, lol.

Lolz not that kind of camera. No bedroom cameras that would be creepy O_O going to reword my post lol

wtf??????? why does diz ALWAYS runin thigs????? gr! :mad:

yeah I know I hate DiZ!

Sparks

gone
Ugh I HATE DIZ!!! Hes soo mean. and good chappy, I wonder what they're planning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back