• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Final Mix versions in 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, we don't have long to wait to find out what exactly 2.5 will be comprised of (or if it will even be called 2.5 despite it being the only logical name.) TGS is literally in two days, so all aboard the Final Mix hype train!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, we don't have long to wait to find out what exactly 2.5 will be comprised of (or if it will even be called 2.5 despite it being the only logical name.) TGS is literally in two days, so all aboard the Final Mix hype train!

I've been on this hype train since 1.5 was announced. Needless to say, I am more than ready to have 2.5 announced. Can't wait for Thursday! (assuming that it gets unveiled on the 19th of course)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If it's not Thursday I might explode with excited tension! XD

1.5 was announced on September 19th, 2012. This Thursday will be exactly a year since then. I'm pretty sure it'll be the day that it happens.

If not, I will be sad. But hey, we're guaranteed some KH3 news. Even if we don't get any 2.5 news, we'll be swimming in PS4 hype.

Gonzales95

Awards
I'm not sure where I read it, but I'm pretty sure I saw Nomura saying that he always wanted to release the Final Mix games outside of Japan but never got the chance to, as they were his definitive versions of the game, and the originals were more like a first draft whereas the Final Mixes were as close to the game he wanted to release in the first place as possible. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to not have the Final Mix versions in.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not sure where I read it, but I'm pretty sure I saw Nomura saying that he always wanted to release the Final Mix games outside of Japan but never got the chance to, as they were his definitive versions of the game, and the originals were more like a first draft whereas the Final Mixes were as close to the game he wanted to release in the first place as possible. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to not have the Final Mix versions in.

Plus, they all have those secret endings that tease the next game in the series. If the point of the games is to prepare for KH3, having the Final Mix secret endings would be almost a necessity.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The final mix secret endings are actually kinda pointless in these collections.

KHFM's ending is essentially 358/2 days ending which is in 1.5 HD

KH2FM's ending is BBS which will be in 2.5 too.

axel95

Awards
The final mix secret endings are actually kinda pointless in these collections.

KHFM's ending is essentially 358/2 days ending which is in 1.5 HD

KH2FM's ending is BBS which will be in 2.5 too.
I consider the secret endings a part of the games just as much as any other cutscenes. Many people, myself included, have very fond memories of unlocking and seeing the secret endings for the first time. And why bother taking them out? I'm not very knowledgeable about such things, but wouldn't it be just as much work to take them out as would updating the game to 1080p?

teatimed

I'd be so happy if they released the Final Mixes. They were never released over here in AUS and PS2's are region locked. I'm currently loving the little extras in HD 1.5 and it'd be great if they released KH2FM in 2.5 aswell :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Reading the hyped comments in this thread hurts. My heart is frozen. Will it be thawed at Jump Festa? It'll be so very cold, tho...

Probably. Nomura promised us one KH a year. If 2.5 isn't announced by the end of the year, it'll be hard to get it released within 2014. So I'm pretty sure it'll be announced at JF.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I consider the secret endings a part of the games just as much as any other cutscenes. Many people, myself included, have very fond memories of unlocking and seeing the secret endings for the first time. And why bother taking them out? I'm not very knowledgeable about such things, but wouldn't it be just as much work to take them out as would updating the game to 1080p?
Only maybe for the ones that use in-game material i.e. BBSFM. The others are video files, and can be extracted much more easily.

And besides, 1/2 the reason to have them on these collections is for people to see them in HD, or at least better quality than in the past.

Anyway, I am so ready to see an announcement trailer for 2.5!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I am fairly confident that both KH2 and BBS will appear in their final mix forms. The big question is whether or not KH2 will receive a newly recorded soundtrack like the original KH got in the first collection? BBS already sounds top notch as it is though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I am fairly confident that both KH2 and BBS will appear in their final mix forms. The big question is whether or not KH2 will receive a newly recorded soundtrack like the original KH got in the first collection? BBS already sounds top notch as it is though.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Sound Team Interview! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

---If KH -HD 2.5 ReMIX- were to come out, would you re-record the music?
Shimomura: KH2 uses the built-in tone generator too. In the KH series, the battle music and field music cross-fade so we had to include the data of both battle and field tracks compressed to what would originally be the memory of one track. I was so glad that we could use live music this time... If KH -HD 2.5 ReMIX- comes out, there's no way I'd just leave the built-in tone generator in as is (laughs). I couldn't betray everyone's expectations like that. There are around 100 tracks, though...

---Sounds like recording would be even more difficult (laughs).
Shimomura: In KH2 I used strings purposefully in many tracks, such as wanting the violins to build steadily when the music for the last boss starts, which I think it would be beautiful done with live instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back