• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The final trailer for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory has been released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This being the final trailer kinda suck.

september and october are gonna be dry.

I think they will fill the next two months with gameplay videos. But yeah, it’s weird to release this trailer now. I really think this game was initially planned to release this month next to FFCC but they changed their minds at some point. It would make sense considering how early the game was rated and the fact that the trophies are already on Sony’s server.

Hirokey123

Awards
I'm so glad that kumory bat and meow wow are playable, definitely dreamed of playing as them over Kairi in Kairi's first kairi centric game. XD

Anyway salt aside trailer wasn't bad though I can't believe that NOW is the time they choose to not spoil everything in the final trailer. I'm excited that it sounds like you can play the game as a whole as whatever team you want, going to play as much as RAX and TAV as I'm allowed.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
LMAO, this dropped much sooner that I was expecting. They didn't even bother to wait for Gamescom.

I will pass this one though. Rhythm games aren't for me and they aren't revealing anything playable besides that.
Looking forward to the cutscenes with KH3 assets and the secret ending.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
LMAO, this dropped much sooner that I was expecting. They didn't even bother to wait for Gamescom.

I will pass this one though. Rhythm games aren't for me and they aren't revealing anything playable besides that.
Looking forward to the cutscenes with KH3 assets and the secret ending.

They did say they have a one-button mode for people who do not play rhythm games to try out. I doubt that will change your mind but it is something to think about if you are ever interested when the game goes on sale.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So far everything looks great. I think this game will be lite on the plot seeing how little we’ve seen. A Kingdom Hearts game like this one doesn’t need plot to make it enjoyable.
In all honesty, once they showed me the other playable trios, I was more into the gameplay then story. This game looks way more expansive then I thought it was going to be and I'm generally super psyched to play all the music tracks. I hope we get to earn new weapons like in other KH games, and synthesis the Ultimate Weapons all around. I am going to play the heck out of RAX in every world if the game allows me.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I'm feeling a mix of disappointment with the trailer, disappointment with the premise, and pure hype for rhythm game (I hope the hardest difficulties are DDR/Touhou levels of whacky).

Pros:
•The game is going to feature a LOAD of music, this is fantastic.
•Seeing the OG engine in action is actually filling me with nostalgia I never knew I had.
•Replayable scenes from the various titles is the "Memory Archive" we should have gotten, not the chirithy narration we got in 3.

Cons:
•The trailer is largely what the REVEAL TRAILER should have been - an explanation of how the game plays, what the core components are, and so on.
•The fact that the UE4* scenes are being relegated to "bonus content" for the future just reeks of mobile gacha format, and that isn't good. I know they're holding back on story because they don't want to pull another KH3, but still.
•Kairi and Riku still aren't shown as talking to each other. Kairi actually sounded disgusted that Riku showed up, almost like she wanted to find Sora all on her own and without his help. Obviously that isn't the case, but my inner SoRiku is telling me to see her in that negative light. xD
•In some backwards sense, I feel like the old games could be ported to Switch given that this looks so...smooth. I'd take 30FPS versions of all the games, and a visually downgraded 2.8. I don't even need 3 to be on Switch

Last edited:
Awards
•The fact that the KHReMIND scenes are being relegated to "bonus content" for the future just reeks of mobile gacha format, and that isn't good. I know they're holding back on story because they don't want to pull another KH3, but still.
Dude can you quit pushing this narrative that the UE4 scenes are cut ReMind content?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I have a mild preoccupation that the Story Archives is gonna serve as a recap of the entire Saga and pass it as an excuse to not bother and re-release the ReMixes for Switch.

But overall, I am very surprised they didn't spoil anything.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I have a mild preoccupation that the Story Archives is gonna serve as a recap of the entire Saga and pass it as an excuse to not bother and re-release the ReMixes for Switch.

But overall, I am very surprised they didn't spoil anything.
Agreed on the spoiler thing. I'm trying to figure out if it's more along the lines of if they learned not to spoil too much, or if there is just not much story to spoil. Either way I think the trailers did their job and I still think there will be a big reveal/surprise at the end of the game. When has a KH game not had some kind of twist?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So many boss themes being used in Field stages. I'm getting the feeling there won't be all that many boss stages then.

D

Deleted member 252753

This sounds dumb but the boss fights look a bit odd to me, like what you're doing as a player is kinda disconnected from what your team is doing in the battle. Maybe it will click better when I play the game.

Cumguardian69

Awards
This sounds dumb but the boss fights look a bit odd to me, like what you're doing as a player is kinda disconnected from what your team is doing in the battle. Maybe it will click better when I play the game.
They are disjointed, but that's because the player is playing a rhythm game, while the onscreen "fighting" is merely a backdrop. It's similar to DDR games where they play video that is practically divorced from the button prompts.

SuperNova

Awards
From the looks of KH1 Riku and KH3D Riku unlockable costumes look to be a thing. Can't wait to break my fingers.

PikaPal

Awards
Liking what I see from the trailer. Rhythym game wise I do have three Dancing Stage titles (one on the PS1 and two on the PS2) and I liked Rhythm Heaven back in the day so I’m very interested to see how Kingdom Hearts gives said genre a shot.

Back