• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The first video game to make you cry

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naught

Crying in video games has always been a little confusing to some. A lot of people disagree and use the argument 'How can a game make you cry?', but that's generally those who don't play much video games and only see them as another form of media, like television.
I, myself, think that video games are considered art, as the imagination and passion of many people have all come together to produce something. That to me, is art. If a game can make you happy, angry, shed a tear, that is art.

So what was the first game, if you have one, that made you shed a tear? Due to an emotional response, like sadness happiness or something a like. Not because you were angry with the game because you couldn't do it.

Coincidentally, the first game to make me shed a tear was Kingdom Hearts. The final scene, when Sora's hand and Kairi's hand let go of each other.

Naught

Bomberman: Act Zero made me cry. Mostly because of the crappy art style.

And what of the games that stood out, that you maybe cried out of awe or sadness? Not because you got you got beaten too many times or anything like that.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
have to say Crisis Core: Final fantasy 7 the ending was the first of itès kind to bring tears to my eyes

Naught

have to say Crisis Core: Final fantasy 7 the ending was the first of itès kind to bring tears to my eyes

I still have yet to complete that game, due to my psp disc drive not working properly. All of my games crash.

That game did make me cry of sadness.

If you're talking emotionally, then Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Any specific part?

Super Mario Bros.

The Princess wasn't in the damn castle. :'(

Never been to fond of Mario to be honest.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
When I first read the title, I thought it was about this "crying" game that was being made by some developer that turned out to be fake.

I was going to say that no game ever brought me to tears, but then I remembered this. It wasn't exactly tears, but it did emotionally move me especially considering that I knew how Zack Fair's fate would end.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
my post is now useless lol. i don't think i've really cried over any yet for like sadness and stuff. maybe like watery eyes during some parts in bbs.

Naught

my post is now useless lol. i don't think i've really cried over any yet for like sadness and stuff. maybe like watery eyes during some parts in bbs.

Heh, sorry about that. I guess that counts a little. Days made me cry when Xion died. Not sure if I did on KH2 or BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back