• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "fixed sentiment" Xehanort left behind

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
so, anyone else remember that interview? I can't for the life of me find it, but when asked if Xehanort left a nobody behind when he went all body snatcher on Terra, Nomura replied with something along the lines of "the fixed sentiment he left behind was not a nobody." so, anyone else think that whatever the hell hes speaking about is one of the 13 seekers of darkness? I mean,YX was canonically there in BBS, and its been hinted that Vanitas doesn't have a body, implying that he isn't who YX went to that point in time for, so maybe?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: the "fixed sentiment" xehanort left behind.

Hmm...I don't remember anything about a "fixed sentiment". Hold on, let me check the interviews.

*sees all the post game interviews*

AHH...!

...What I do recall is someone asking if MX left behind a Nobody and Nomura was being his usual ambiguous self. The fixed sentiment thing doesn't ring a bell, but it has been a while since I've read some of these interviews.

Gram

Banned
Awards

You mean this interview ?

-- In "KHI" when Sora stabs the "Keyblade of people's hearts" into himself to release his heart and Kairi's, Sora's Heartless and Nobody were born. When Master Xehanort and Terra:Xehanort stab themselves with the Keyblade, were his and Terra's Nobodies not created?

Nomura: That is not yet clear. However I will say that the fixed sentiment that remained just after Master Xehanort stabbed himself with the Keyblade was not a Heartless.

Well we know that Terranort didn't leave anything behind because he went on to be the Apprentice and Nomura says MX didn't leave behind a heartless and since the only known way for a nobody to be born is for a heartless to be so it's unlikely MX left that behind either.

But I wouldn't rule out that he's left some sort of something behind, perhaps a unique type of nobody? Though that is also bit a bit unlikely since we see MX return at the end of DDD....

Sdog

Awards

But I wouldn't rule out that he's left some sort of something behind, perhaps a unique type of nobody?.

Or maybe a whole new class of enemy, don't know if it's been stated but not sure if we can rule out a whole new enemy class like that of the heartless or nobodies for KHIII.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Wow I never realized this but it makes sense since Terranort does do the same thing as Sora in KH1 (albeit with a different Keyblade).

Or maybe a whole new class of enemy, don't know if it's been stated but not sure if we can rule out a whole new enemy class like that of the heartless or nobodies for KHIII.

Not sure if they'll make it a full blown new enemy class but it could be a unique entity never seen before.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Personally I'd rather new enemies be saved for post kh3 plus if anything was left behind I'd imagine it was a unique type of nobody or perhaps something of cross between a nobody and whatever it is the LW is.

digimikej

Awards

You mean this interview ?

Well we know that Terranort didn't leave anything behind because he went on to be the Apprentice and Nomura says MX didn't leave behind a heartless and since the only known way for a nobody to be born is for a heartless to be so it's unlikely MX left that behind either.

But I wouldn't rule out that he's left some sort of something behind, perhaps a unique type of nobody? Though that is also bit a bit unlikely since we see MX return at the end of DDD....

that would be the one. thank you very much. now what is "not a heartless?" maybe a walking heart, kinda like sora was?

Gram

Banned
Awards

that would be the one. thank you very much. now what is "not a heartless?" maybe a walking heart, kinda like sora was?

Hmm...I don't think it could've been that either because MX was in Terra remember? Though I wouldn't rule out him having attained a form similar to Sora's during his return in DDD.
Even though he formed a nobody Sora was able to regain human form regardless thanks to Kairi's help.
Walking heart, projected shell, whatever you wish to call it Sora had taken a new physical and practically human form again and I don't put it past Nomura to use that angle to explain MX being back but there being some other form of him as well.

digimikej

Awards
well, you just gave me an idea: he said it wasn't a heartless, and only his body(maybe soul?) was left behind, so maybe it is indeed similar to the walking heart, but with the body? the same way sora was sora even though he should, by all means, be a heartless, maybe xehanorts body will stay xehanort, though he should just be a corpse(or, as it was shown to us. glowy bits of light). idk, that specific interview just makes me feel like nomura has something up his sleeve that nobody sees coming.

Gram

Banned
Awards
well, you just gave me an idea: he said it wasn't a heartless, and only his body(maybe soul?) was left behind, so maybe it is indeed similar to the walking heart, but with the body? the same way sora was sora even though he should, by all means, be a heartless, maybe xehanorts body will stay xehanort, though he should just be a corpse(or, as it was shown to us. glowy bits of light). idk, that specific interview just makes me feel like nomura has something up his sleeve that nobody sees coming.

The soul would have to be with the body. Life in kh has three components and the body&soul can't be separated, its' pointed out in several places (even by Nomura) that separation results in death.

With that said it's incredibly possible for Xehanorts discarded body to take on a form of some kind because A) it'd be a living creature thanks to the soul and B) if becoming a heartless forms nobodies then who's to say willing taking your heart out doesn't make some variant of it?

I think if anything was left it'd be of similar nature to nobodies or maybe even the LW. Just think about it, if lingering armors can be made from residual feelz and thoughts who's the say the living but discarded body can't?

The Toketsukage

Personally I'd rather new enemies be saved for post kh3 plus if anything was left behind I'd imagine it was a unique type of nobody or perhaps something of cross between a nobody and whatever it is the LW is.

Lingering Will is like a cousin to the unversed isn't it?

Unversed = Negative Emotions
Lingering Will = Lingering Memories and Emotions of Terra in an Armor.

Maybe MX created a Namine type of being, since her existence isn't entirely understood.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Lingering Will is like a cousin to the unversed isn't it?

Unversed = Negative Emotions
Lingering Will = Lingering Memories and Emotions of Terra in an Armor.

Maybe MX created a Namine type of being, since her existence isn't entirely understood.

I don't know about cousins but they are more or less similar in principle.
It's possible he may very well have if anything it could be an opposite of Namine. Namine was born from nothing but is a nobody, MX's lost body&soul would be born from him but not be an actual nobody. (because there's no heartless process taking place)

The Toketsukage

I don't know about cousins but they are more or less similar in principle.
It's possible he may very well have if anything it could be an opposite of Namine. Namine was born from nothing but is a nobody, MX's lost body&soul would be born from him but not be an actual nobody. (because there's no heartless process taking place)

An opposite of Namine. Given how confusing Namine's existence is, to have an opposite of her, would be just wow. lol

See they should have used this whole thing to have a YX in KH3D instead of doing the time travel thing. YX could have been the opposite Namine instead, and that would have been cool.

Gram

Banned
Awards

An opposite of Namine. Given how confusing Namine's existence is, to have an opposite of her, would be just wow. lol

See they should have used this whole thing to have a YX in KH3D instead of doing the time travel thing. YX could have been the opposite Namine instead, and that would have been cool.
Hopefully the contrast of opposite would extent to the level that we'd actually understand the opposite of her lol.

I agree, or at the very least they should used this idea to explain the old Xehanort.

The Toketsukage

Hopefully the contrast of opposite would extent to the level that we'd actually understand the opposite of her lol.

I agree, or at the very least they should used this idea to explain the old Xehanort.

Nomura and his complex plot lines. I love it, but I hate at the same time. I mean there are ways he could connect the plot points in the story in a more organized way. For example, he could have explain how replicas are created in BBS. If BBS is the origin story, then let's get replicas involved. You could have had MX trying to create replicas to be his new younger vessel. Every time he fails and the replicas collapse in on themselves becoming monstrous puppets of darkness. At some point MX uses Ven's darkness to make a replica that has a human form (A.K.A Vanitas), but Vanitas' body is still unstable so it's too dangerous for MX to transfer to his body, which leads to him settling on a real body and thus Terra becomes his target. However due to Vanitas' unstable body and being created from darkness he could control the failed replicas like puppets. Since the failed replicas aren't conscious and thus "not well versed in existence" they are called the unversed.

On top of that have MX have a secret computer lab in a certain mansion in Twilight Town, to explain why there was already a computer there when Ansem the Wise arrived, and thus we solve who owned the mansion before Ansem took it over. Show in a later game MX or one of his other selves going to the mansion and erasing all traces of MX being there prior to Ansem showing up.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think things like replicas would be better explained during days since it was headed by Vexen mostly. But yes there are so many simpler ways Nomura could weave his plots.

The Toketsukage

I think things like replicas would be better explained during days since it was headed by Vexen mostly. But yes there are so many simpler ways Nomura could weave his plots.

What I was thinking is that MX's replicas either all failed and became unversed or were highly unstable like Vanitas. So it wouldn't be until he had other minds aiding his research (Vexen for example) that he ended up creating nearly perfect replicas. However once Xemnas saw how independent Xion had become and figures that replicas innate desire to be independent makes them too difficult of a being to be used for the 13 vessels, then he just says screw this replica BS.

I understand Nomura wants to leave us with questions so we can anticipate the next game in the series, but sometimes he does things that aren't needed for us to speculate. Look at KH2, everything in that game tied together, and the majority of the questions and theories came from the secret endings and the Secret Ansem Reports. That was the way he should have kept doing it. People speculated like crazy between the release of KH2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep's release.

Gram

Banned
Awards
People speculated like crazy between the release of KH2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep's release.
That they did and they got many of BBS plot points right too lol. Ventus>Sora and Terra>Xehanort was figured out years early.

The problem isn't so much his complexity but Nomura poor explanations. Everything of significant note is in an interview or ultimania. Even when making that encyclopedia thread and digging through and gathering them all there was more questions than answers.

The Toketsukage

That they did and they got many of BBS plot points right too lol. Ventus>Sora and Terra>Xehanort was figured out years early.

The problem isn't so much his complexity but Nomura poor explanations. Everything of significant note is in an interview or ultimania. Even when making that encyclopedia thread and digging through and gathering them all there was more questions than answers.

See that's why honestly, I wouldn't do that if I was writing a story. Of course i'd leave fans asking questions, but at some point everything would get answered in the game itself. Like, for example, if they needed 7 lights to forge the X-Blade then why in KH1 did Ansem, right after getting Riku's body and kicking his heart out, act like he was going to kill Kairi? Wouldn't that be messing up MX's larger goal? And like how did opening the DTD and flooding the realm of light with darkness do anything to further MX's goal. It seems like just getting the POH would be enough.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ That's also another poor decision choice. Trying to make Ansem and Xemnas plans a part of MX's causes the other two's to make less sense. He should've left them the amnesiac and confused heartless and nobody of a confused and amnesiac Apprentice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back