• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fun Fact Thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
This is a thread for posting fun (and also NOT so fun) facts! Anything you find interesting that isn't common knowledge is to be posted here. I'm going to try to do 1 a day, at the least, so feel free to discuss them or maybe add your own 2 cents to the Fun Fact Donation Bin! :D Hope to enlighten you!

Fact 1
When a dog barks, their top jaw moves, whereas humans and cats (for example) have mobile bottom jaws. That's why when you see a dog barking, sometimes, they seem to bounce a bit. Their eyes are bouncing, so it feels more natural to move their bodies, too!

Sub factoid: Yawning is contagious...literally. With most dogs, if you hold your mouth open and get them to stare at it, there is a slight chance that they'll yawn. People are the same way!

Gram

Banned
Awards
=D Great thread!

Fun Fact Two:

The ability to drink dairy milk past infancy is actually a mutation in the human body. Meaning the people who are lactose intolerant are the normal ones. x'D

Gram

Banned
Awards
@Gram: Why, thank you! Roxie demanded it with a vengeance cuz I have a bunch of little odd facts floating around in my head!

And I already KNOW that I'm not normal! My milk tells me so :3 Yummy.

xD I'm the same, though I tend to forget most of the odd facts I know.

Redfive

Banned
Awards
Knowledge is power!
So let learn a bit shall we?
Fact 3: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is impossible to lick your elbow.
[/FONT]you just tried to lick your elbow just now didn't you :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact 4:

The pokemon Mew was actually added by the creator without Nintendo or even the rest of the pokemon teams knowledge when the original red and blue released.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Alright, let's keep it intellectual here, Redfive! I don't want this taken out of discussion by just posting a bunch of random facts. We're here to share AND discuss. Let's put something REALLY worthwhile on the plate.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I'm going to keep an eye out on this thread. Dropping it into FI if it devolves too much.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Fun Fact:

The voice actor that voices such characters like Ichigo from Bleach, Sasori from Naruto Shippuden, and Lelouch from Code GeAss is the lead vocalist, rhythmic guitarist, main lyricist, and frontman of the "Edge Rock" band, Eyeshine.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Fact 6

(Today's topic is lefties. I decided to add a daily topic so we can discuss and share facts about certain things)
Lefties are the only majorminority that cannot be considered a minority because they have no voice or power. Their ratio to righties is 1:10.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact:

The voice actor that voices such characters like Ichigo from Bleach, Sasori from Naruto Shippuden, and Lelouch from Code GeAss is the lead vocalist, rhythmic guitarist, main lyricist, and frontman of the "Edge Rock" band, Eyeshine.

Another fun fact: That very same voice actor was also the second black ranger in the original power rangers.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Johnny Bosch. That's his name. He gets into all kinds of shows and games. He's the main character of Persona 4's voice, as well as Shinjiro from Sakura Wars: So Long, my Love.

Wait, Johnny Bosch was the voice for Yu Narukami from Persona 4?! O_O I didn't know that! Now, I have more respect for him.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Fact 6

(Today's topic is lefties. I decided to add a daily topic so we can discuss and share facts about certain things)
Lefties are the only majorminority that cannot be considered a minority because they have no voice or power. Their ratio to righties is 1:10.

Adding to the topic of facts about lefties.

On the CBS Primetime Cop Procedural Show, Criminal Minds, Aaron Hotchner is a leftie, as well as the man who portrays him in the show, Thomas Gibson.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Fun Fact: If your legs feel a little tight than normal, drink pickle juice and it'll go away pretty fast. :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: There's a in Canada that says any voice actor working for a television show must be a citizen of Canada in order to work.

Back