• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fun Fact Thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gram

Banned
Awards
in infamous 2, there is a movie theater and the advertised movies that can be read are: "Latch-it and skank", "Uncharted love", "Call of booty", and a few others referencing popular video games

Also in infamous 2, the scene were Zeke is reading a book; it turns out the book he's reading is the Thevious Racconous from the Sly cooper series: inFAMOUS 2 - Zeke Reads The Thevious Racoonus - YouTube

Fun fact: The human brain can hold up to around 7 pieces of short-term memory information, and almost triple in the long-term.

@Gramfact: Hera hated Heracles for as many reasons as she hated the other bastards, but Zeus called him that to SLIGHT her. Heracles was also a colossal @$$hole. :3
lol No kidding, just reading a few of the things Hercules did makes you wonder how much a victim he was.

noxious.sunshine

Fun Fact: In the movie "Charlie's Angels" - with Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, and Lucy Liu, during the scene where Drew Barrymore rolls into the house naked, the kids are playing Final Fantasy 8.

At Chuck E. Cheese, the DinoPop game features the Chocobo Theme song.

And the lady who does the voice of Lenne in X-2 is also Callie and Belgemine (the dead summoner that hadn't been sent) and also did the voice of Kim in the 1st Care Bears Movie (from 1985) and Suzie in "Rugrats".

The voice of Rainbow Brite - Bettina Bush voiced Elena in "FF7:Advent Children". She was also only 4 years old when she did Rainbow Brite

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Fun fact: We finally have perfectly correct time every 400 years. (due to daylight savings and such)

So the year 2000 was the last instance, cuz it was set to be in the years that were multiples of 400.

noxious.sunshine

Did you know that the States can choose to do away with DST so that there's no time change?

Like, Arizona doesn't change time and I think a couple of others as well. But there was talk of TN doing away with it too.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Fun fact: In the 4th episode of Gragoyles, while Hudson is channel flicking; the scene at the beginning of The Lion King is on the tv. It's the part where Rafiki is lifting Simba up over the masses :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: The actual term and word "vampire" has only been around since the 18th century. While there are many legends of demonic spirits that drink on blood or feasting on flesh the actual being and idea of a "vampire" is actually a rather recent one.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Fun Fact: The actual term and word "vampire" has only been around since the 18th century. While there are many legends of demonic spirits that drink on blood or feasting on flesh the actual being and idea of a "vampire" is actually a rather recent one.
Ancient Chinese vampires called Ch'iang Shih had long claws and red eyes, but as the vampirism progressed they could transform into wolves.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ancient Chinese vampires called Ch'iang Shih had long claws and red eyes, but as the vampirism progressed they could transform into wolves.

Yes but they fed off life energy not blood. ;3
Didn't know about the wolves bit, sounds like more of a combo of current werewolf and vampire.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yeah, they grew long, white hair and could fly, too. I think lycanthropy was the last stage. (not really lycanthropy, but for lack of a better term)

Somehow the stages makes me think of pokemon....
There's always been legends of vampire like creatures though just not the actual vampire term or 'defined' version till recently in the history scope. o3o I find it kinda amusing since vampires are so popular.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Somehow the stages makes me think of pokemon....
There's always been legends of vampire like creatures though just not the actual vampire term or 'defined' version till recently in the history scope. o3o I find it kinda amusing since vampires are so popular.
Well, I guess people weren't sure what to call them The person who coined the term "vampire" probably was just tired of calling them freaks. Nowadays we all but WORSHIP them. Kinda weird XD
There's a parody of Twilight near the end of the movie Hotel Transylvania. It's when Johnny's on the plane.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well, I guess people weren't sure what to call them The person who coined the term "vampire" probably was just tired of calling them freaks. Nowadays we all but WORSHIP them. Kinda weird XD
There's a parody of Twilight near the end of the movie Hotel Transylvania. It's when Johnny's on the plane.

I'm not sure who coined it but I do know that the "idea" of one is only as old as 18th century. Before that most vampire like legends were of more zombie like in nature.

Another Fun Fact: Poetry was considered a sport in older times.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: The state of Kentucky had America's first commercial winery.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: They've found a pyramid like structure under the oceans waves in Japan.
japan-pyramid-yonaguni.jpg

Pretty interesting stuff, they had a thing on it on one of the history channels.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: Throughout the world there are several ancient stone cities people have discovered that the stone is made in such a way and to such a great extent of skill that even today they can't be replicated.
One such city is Puma Punku:

Puma%20Punku014.jpg

toppled-axumite-obelisk-500.jpg

pumapunku_image006.jpg

images

^These blocks which used to make up Puma Punku are solid granite which as many of you know can only be cut by the only known substance of harder density, which is diamonds.
Despite their show of age these blocks are so smooth and so precise modern day machines cant even match them.

axel95

Awards
Aliens-meme.jpg

I couldn't resist!
Fun Fact: The Pittsburgh Pirates (MLB) hold the record for most consecutive losing seasons by a professional sports team. They have had not had a winning season since 1992, until this year!

Back