• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Game Punishes Strategic Playing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

I tend to be a strategic player, waiting for chances to counterattack opponents. I have beaten Kingdom Hearts games many times in the past. Recently, I beat Kingdom Hearts with zero deaths. On Kingdom Hearts II, however, I have died many times to Heartless...

I have no idea why. Kingdom Hearts II is supposedly easier than the original. I actually play better when I repeatedly press the X button instead of trying to form counterattacks... Have any of you had this issue, or is it just me?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Play on Critical Mode. That's where you'll have to be strategic.
Also, no, I never had such a problem.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Actually I feel like you could say that about any installment of the series, but not KH2.
Of course you have to play cleverly strategic. You have to time your blocks, dodges and counters in order not to die. But if you do, it should be manageable.

Jochira

Awards
from my experince, KH1's (Expert) harder than KH2 (Proud) BUT 2FM's (Proud) harder than 1FM (Proud)... can't speak much for crit, i'm too clumsy for that... XD

but well, I noticed that the game punishes you, if you play strategic defensive (like I did, when I was new to the gaming life as a kid)... so yah, if you doesn't wanna die much (you might still die a bit early on due to low-lvl stuffs), I recommend you focus more on being strategic offensive, it might not seem like it, but it's actually a lot less riskier, though i'm an evasive melee DPS, so easy for me to say owo

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The game has literally no strategy at all until you turn it to critical, then god help you. Especially when you're in the final hallway before the cavern of remembrance and every nobody is pure murder.

But tbh its not reall strategy once you get magnega and thundaga and nuke everything. But its useless in that one hallway, sorcerers are thunder proof.

Jochira

Awards
But tbh its not reall strategy once you get magnega and thundaga and nuke everything. But its useless in that one hallway, sorcerers are thunder proof.
that is, unless you're more of a melee player and doesn't rely much on magic (like me) (c:

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I just recently beat KH2 on Critical, and after having played the game numerous times, I can also vouch that the game is best played on Critical. There is undoubtedly strategy there, and the game forces you to use all of its mechanics. Hacking and slashing won't work, but neither will only blocking and countering. Drive forms play such an integral role into how the game is meant to be played and is vital to the strategy of more difficult encounters. It has its flaws, but as a whole, KH2's combat is honestly better and more filled with strategy than the original. Mashing X won't get you through the whole game for sure.

WastedPenguin

Awards
If you really want to test your skills then go on and try 2FM Crit on lvl1. Thats where the game really shines and where you are forced to learn the attack patterns of almost everything you fight.
In this mode you wont get far with just spamming magnega+thundaga or without using summons and all the other stuff properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back