• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The game that could have been...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards

Some people say "im happy with what we got", well, im not, this game is darker, cooler, edgier, gamamply is smoother and it has that Nomura energy you could feel in KH2 which FF15 lacked. It felt like a breath of fresht air for the FF series, with a different director. And tbh, i dont think Nomura ever got over it. It felt like there was more love put to the Verum Rex trailer in KH3 than the entire KH3 game. This game was his masterpiece, he put all he had in it, all the elements he picked up from working on so manyy games throughot the years.

D

Deleted member 246005

Honestly I don't trust Nomura to do it justice after how he handled the Xehanort saga. So I'd be super skeptical of a Versus Remake.

I would've preferred a Versus 13 trilogy over the Road to KH3 but I could easily be dissapointed with it. So I rather let it go and go in with Verum Rex with an open mind.

There are legitimate criticisms so I'm hoping FF16 learns from 15's mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

shuyin_zer0

Awards
For what it’s worth, we never saw actual gameplay from any iteration of the game (between Versus and XV) until TGS 2014. Every trailer beforehand was pre-rendered concept footage with fake UI shopped over the image, similar to early XIII trailers and that PSX 7R trailer.

That said, this gameplay concept and story did seem far more intriguing than the game that we ended up with, but we’ll never truly know what would’ve been

Back