• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Going Dark Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
With everything that happened today and will undoubtedly escalate between now and release I'm sure a number of us will be "going dark", while there are some who dare stick around and may not be bothered by potential spoilers. Obviously no discussion of leaked content should be had here as there are areas for such discussion to be had already. And if you're not familiar, "going dark" to most means to completely disconnect from any and everything that could potentially lead to being spoiled from a property or a certain aspect related to it.

I'll say, this moment came a lot sooner than I think most had anticipated. It really sucks but it happened.

This thread is for those who feel the need to say goodbye as many of us have been here for a number of years and may feel the need to temporarily say goodbye. Cause let's be honest, we all will need someone to talk to once credits roll. And for those that stay through it all be sure to thank the staff for working hard to minimize any potential spoilers that may leak through.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I was originally going to, but once I read and saw what was leaked (if it got too deep I was gone) but it's really not as bad as everyone was making it out to be. If it was bought by a fan who started saying stuff I would definitely be gone, but it seems they're all smart and are not letting on that they have it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ve decided to wait until Tuesday’s trailer. But come Wednesday, it’ll be goodbye until I’ve finished the game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What they showed today wasn't that bad so I think I will stick around for the time being. I was planning on going dark a few days prior to the Japanese release date and staying away till I complete the game. Though if more incidents like this happen before the game's in my hands my departure may be sooner than I thought

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I’ve decided to wait until Tuesday’s trailer. But come Wednesday, it’ll be goodbye until I’ve finished the game.
Same but I want to at least hear the Full Version of Face my Fears on Jan 18th.

Foxycian

Awards
I want to avoid spoilers but knowing it's gonna pop in my face in youtube....

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Same but I want to at least hear the Full Version of Face my Fears on Jan 18th.

I’ll still check out anything Square Enix or Disney releases themselves, though I’ll probably save Face My Fears for release. I’ll just stop participating in forums and won’t keep engage with the KH community on social media.

Sdog

Awards
I’ll still check out anything Square Enix or Disney releases themselves, though I’ll probably save Face My Fears for release. I’ll just stop participating in forums and won’t keep engage with the KH community on social media.

Right there with ya. And to echo what some have said I'll more than likely be done with the forums here after the 18th trailer.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I have a very complicated mix of feelings right now. I never saw any of the leaked material and am hoping to keep it that way. I have been very pick and choose about what I have been watching and very proud of myself for being strong willed about not seeing everything that has been shown. But I am very paranoid about people now just spitting out random one-liners and ruining it.

Therefore, I am going to keep visiting the main site for updates on the trailers, but as far as the forums go...peace out time. It is a shame because I really like reading lively discussion and batting around theories but there's just too much risk for that anywhere.

I am heartbroken that selfish people gotta be selfish and ruin things just because they gotta get it first and break the law.

So, um...see you guys on the other side, then.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Much like what Zip said, I'm probably going to stick around till they premeire the final trailer; after that, don't think I'll be engaging with/reading forums much at all till realease (already took some precautions with social media). Not that I don't trust the moderators, it's just that I've got some issues with paranoia and pessimism, and the idea of this experience being spoiled for me just makes me stupidly anxious. That said, I'm in a couple of private discords with some friends I can discuss it with, so that should satisfy my need to talk about any official new material with fellow fans. I wish this didn't have to happen so soon, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Seadrin

Awards
Yep! I will be semi-dark until the 18th and then out of here until we’ll after the official English release. DO NOT let this steal the hype you have had for who knows how long. Keep the flame burning. Stay strong. It’s going to be so good! Not going to let a human who made poor choices affect how we experience this gem we have been waiting for. Cheers!

meep2meep

Awards
I was planning on going dark once all the trailers were released. I think that's still the plan. I would just like to say that it's really nice for those of us who wanted the console pre-orders can have that and be able to go dark without waiting for the announcement.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Nice, a thread where I can post my official goodbye to everyone. That's... convenient
dbfb24f-dbb18c94-c17c-45c4-9636-c9de2e057e2d.png

I thought about returning to KHI after playing KH3, but that date is yet obscure. I may get to play the game in April 2019, or summer vacation 2019. Nothing's certain yet, but what is certain is that I won't play the game on release, so I won't be able to join the whole fandom in this fun, or hell. By how this site's been going, I don't feel much regret, but I still feel partially sad to leave. Yes, I actually mean I won't be returning, not even after playing KH3. Most users I loved & was friends with are either gone, planning to leave, inactive or grew bitter by now. I felt unwelcomed for a long time, and that didn't change.

To the staff members who I got to chat with, for a little bit - thank you for being sweet people. To all staff, thank you for your hard work on all KH news.
To the lovely users I got to chat more with, you know who you are - thank you for being funny, "goofy", lovely people that made the time I spent here truly enjoyable,
I'll always remember you.

My accounts on other sites are in the Social Media thread, if anyone wants to keep in touch from time to time.
Take care, everyone, and have fun with KH3~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

shady543

Awards
I might come back but not sure yet. But I'm definitely going to really stay away from social media related to KH3 now with all the leaks going on. It's annoying because it's a lot earlier than I expected, but some people are real awful with nothing better to do I guess.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, going to wait for the 18th and then I'll consider going dark too.
What happened with the copies was horrible even on concept alone, but considering I decided to go dark after receiving a release date only to find out it was still a tad impractical, I'm fine with doind it around this period.
I have a lot of stuff to deal with before KH III comes out as well.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I would, but if anything happens I'll see you somewhere else, friend ;P

shady543

Awards
goddammit I didn't view that spoiler, but man, I feel like Axel there too. :c

But since I really don't know if I WILL come back, I may as well post my goodbyes here even if I didn't really talk to many people aha, which is one thing I do regret. Unfortunately I created my account right at a time where I kind of stopped using online sites. But eh, I posted my other forms of contacts in the social media thread so you all know where to find me. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back