• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Health Food Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
They're okay regarding the price when deep frozen, and if it says "fresh from the field" on the package, they really have a nice taste, too!"

I try to avoid frozen berries because there have been some cases here where people got really sick and even died because of frozen berries from some foreign countries. And if they're grown here they're expensive even if frozen :( Fruits are a bit better, oranges are usually cheap and I love kiwi.

One thing I really want to get one day is a little garden in the balcony! Herbs, chili, stuff like that. Can't have many plants indoors because of cat so balcony is the green area.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I try to avoid frozen berries because there have been some cases here where people got really sick and even died because of frozen berries from some foreign countries. And if they're grown here they're expensive even if frozen :( Fruits are a bit better, oranges are usually cheap and I love kiwi.

One thing I really want to get one day is a little garden in the balcony! Herbs, chili, stuff like that. Can't have many plants indoors because of cat so balcony is the green area.

Holy damn, where do you import that shit from? D: Stuff is perfect over here, gotta buy it in Germany!!
Kiwi is bae.

Balcony is great for some small stuff like herbs definitely <3

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Lmao 5 bowls dont go in health food anymore tho!
I bought some spelt almond cranberry linseed cereal the other day and it was really good.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I've been getting into a lot of fast food lately, but I want to start cooking at home more and learning to make healthy meals for my day. Anyone have any suggestions for healthy meals that'd be easy to make for a beginner level chef?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I've been getting into a lot of fast food lately, but I want to start cooking at home more and learning to make healthy meals for my day. Anyone have any suggestions for healthy meals that'd be easy to make for a beginner level chef?
You could get one of those hamburger helpers from Walmart and add a whole bunch of vegetables to it. You could also get some prepared salads.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any recommendations for healthy meals to create for someone that sucks at cooking. Something that won't be too long to make. I feel that a lot of these foods I buy are just packaged foods from supermarkets that are merely stuck in the oven and done. However, speaking with my father, he was telling me that he makes his own food from scratch and its much healthier, and he has certainly lost a considerable amount of weight (with no exercise, incidentally). I was wondering if anyone had their own recommendations?

D

Deleted member 36435

Most style of cooking eggs are really easy and tend to be healthy

Grilled chicken is like the ultimate go-to for healthy food, that's easy to prep. 21 Grilled Chicken Recipes for Your Memorial Day Grill | Serious Eats - I haven't vetted all of these, but it's pretty hard to make grilled chicken unhealthy and aside from under/over cooking it's hard to diddly up.

This one specifically is super easy and good: The Best Juicy Grilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Recipe | Serious Eats - fuck around with the spices too if you want

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Banana is tolerable, too.

About the beginner's food: It kinda depends on what you have home and especially what you like in food, but as I'm a lazy yet constantly hungry fuck I usually go with very simple but effective recipes.

moonstar_xo

My go-to quick and healthy meal is veggie pasta. I just season and cook some veggies (usually broccoli, asparagus, peppers, and peas) and then cook some pasta (generally whole wheat penne) and then mix it all together with some olive oil. It's pretty easy and only takes about 20 minutes to make.

I moved back home about a year ago after graduating college, and it has been SO difficult to eat healthy. My family have never been super into healthy eating and don't really cook healthy meals super often, nor do they really have healthy snacks lying around. It's definitely been the worst part about living at home again. I'll sometimes cook something for myself, but I always feel kind of weird about it because it always seems to annoy my parents when I don't eat what the rest of my family is eating. I have at least been able to buy healthier snacks like fruits, and some of my other siblings are eating them too, so they're not going to waste.

Back