• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Heartless Hoard in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Wasn't Even It's Final Form

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Where you impressed when you saw Aqua battling the Heartless swarm that was first teased all those years ago at E3 2013 when Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced? Are you relieved to finally see that concept come to life in a Kingdom Hearts game? Or were you disappointed that something so big and scary that was teased looked so easy to defeat?

Don't worry, that was the weak one.

Tai Yasue confirms that the horde that Aqua fights is the weakest of the bunch. Further in KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage – there is a stronger horde of Shadows that wlll come to fight Aqua as she moves further into the Realm of Darkness.

As Aqua continues down this path she encounters more worlds based on Disney properties. These worlds have not been revealed but somewhere amongst them is a more ferocious Heartless Swarm to battle. No doubt this will surely put Aqua to the test.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Re: The Heartless Hoard in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Isn't Even It's Final Form

Damn! We news blitz now! We gettin page clickz now! Cynical of TheGamersJoint is reading this shit as we SPEAK and making a shit video!

More destroyed worlds hype

EchoFringe49

Re: The Heartless Hoard in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Wasn't Even It's Final Form

<p>As Aqua continues down this path she encounters more worlds based on Disney properties. These worlds have not been revealed but somewhere amongst them is a more ferocious Heartless Swarm to battle. No doubt this will surely put Aqua to the test.</p>
Yo what?!!
I was just expecting the CoD and the cavern we saw in the first trailer. I'm hoping we get to visit most of the disney worlds from BBS, a 'dark' version of Neverland in particular would look amazing

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Heartless Hoard in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Wasn&#039;t Even It&#039;s Final Form

Yo what?!!
I was just expecting the CoD and the cavern we saw in the first trailer. I'm hoping we get to visit most of the disney worlds from BBS, a 'dark' version of Neverland in particular would look amazing
Neverland didn't fall to Darkness.

EchoFringe49

Re: The Heartless Hoard in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Wasn&#039;t Even It&#039;s Final Form

Neverland didn't fall to Darkness.
Oh I see, I don't really have a good grasp of the lore.
Could you tell me which worlds could potentially be in 0.2?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Oh I see, I don't really have a good grasp of the lore.
Could you tell me which worlds could potentially be in 0.2?
Dwarf Woodlands, Beasts Castle, Enchanted Dominion, Destiny Islands

Hirokey123

Awards

I remember something about Aqua "meeting her memories" so Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Domain seem to be likely candidates. Though I'd love for her to find Destiny islands and the rest of LoD that Xehanort sucked into the darkness, that would be positively delightful because of how terrible she would react. I love Aqua but her emotional suffering the realm of darkness is just too tasty and unique to pass up.

Awards

The Heartless Hoard in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Wasn't Even It's Final Form

this-isnt-even-my-final-form-bin-trash-can.jpg

I regret nothing.

EchoFringe49

Dwarf Woodlands, Beasts Castle, Enchanted Dominion, Destiny Islands
That's a pretty good selection of worlds and they would all fit the visual aesthetic well.
I could definitely see Destiny Islands being the final world where we find out what Mickey was hiding

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Here are other worlds that we know fell to Darkness:

Prankster's Paradise - Pinocchio, Bambi's World, Pride Lands - Lion King, Mulan's world, Dumbo's world, 101 Dalmatians' world, Cite de la- whatever - notre dame, country of the musketeers - literally any world if it didn't appear in KH1 could have fallen to darkness.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Hopefully the stronger version(s) isn't just the same thing with a larger health bar. I want some kind of scarier and more powerful version.

I regret nothing.

You do realize the title of the article was intentionally referencing the meme, yes?

Awards

You do realize the title of the article was intentionally referencing the meme, yes?
Yes. I just took the chance and put in a picture. Still regret nothing.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

<p>As Aqua continues down this path she encounters more worlds based on Disney properties. These worlds have not been revealed but somewhere amongst them is a more ferocious Heartless Swarm to battle. No doubt this will surely put Aqua to the test.</p>

MORE Disney worlds? Dang, I'm really hyped now! (although I'm guessing everything in the demo at E3 was probably the entirety of the Castle of Dreams world then, so all of the worlds are probably 15 minutes each or so)

Still, that'll be pretty cool to see some of those areas recreated in the twisted "Realm of Darkness" style.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

MORE Disney worlds? Dang, I'm really hyped now! (although I'm guessing everything in the demo at E3 was probably the entirety of the Castle of Dreams world then, so all of the worlds are probably 15 minutes each or so)
I wouldn't be too certain about that, Aqua was just heading into the actual castle at the end of the demo, there's probably at least more cut scene material there. I'd hope we'd get to play around inside for a bit, too. We also don't know if the other worlds mentioned come before or after the CoD (do we?).

I think it'd be neat if 0.2 gave us a new world as the final stage, which could then be maybe the first world visited in KH3. That'd be a cool tie-in.

aqualight

Oh damn, this sounds like some good shit.

I'm wishing that they become more nightmarish and mutated together the stronger they get. I want them to be some of the things terranort made when he was experimenting with the hearts all those years ago. I want aqua to be able to learn, and be horrified, at what terra's being forced to create. I also want her to consider the horrors of the Castle of Dreams too, reflecting on her time with cinderella too.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I wouldn't be too certain about that, Aqua was just heading into the actual castle at the end of the demo, there's probably at least more cut scene material there. I'd hope we'd get to play around inside for a bit, too. We also don't know if the other worlds mentioned come before or after the CoD (do we?).

I think it'd be neat if 0.2 gave us a new world as the final stage, which could then be maybe the first world visited in KH3. That'd be a cool tie-in.

I considered something similar, where like it was destroyed during 0.2's time, but after KH1 or maybe even DDD it has been restored and will be fully playable in KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

How weird would it be if Aqua was standing in a world that was restored at the end of KH1 and she has amnesia and is now the Princess of Atlantis

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I considered something similar, where like it was destroyed during 0.2's time, but after KH1 or maybe even DDD it has been restored and will be fully playable in KH3.
It'd be especially justified considering how they're pushing the angle that 0.2 stands as a proper installment in the franchise. The inclusion of a brand new world (albeit an empty, darkness corrupted shell of one) would go a long way towards making that clear. They don't even have to reveal it in full, just give a little glimpse in a trailer or something, let fans go wild with speculation.

A semi-related thought, it would be cool if Aqua, in visiting the fallen worlds, is somehow unwittingly leaving signs of having been there which could act as a "trail of breadcrumbs" enabling Riku (and Mickey?) to go find her in the RoD after visiting those restored worlds in the RoL. I have no idea how that would work but it would be another interesting way to lend 0.2 meaning.

EDIT:
How weird would it be if Aqua was standing in a world that was restored at the end of KH1 and she has amnesia and is now the Princess of Atlantis
Forget everything I said this is way better.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Speaking of Heartless hordes, although it could be wishful thinking, I want another 1,000 Heartless battle. One like how it was supposed to be, but due to technical limitations, we didn't get the full potential of it. We're two generations ahead, so HIT IT, Square! :cool:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I think it'll be great. Not only the amount of heartless, but how gigantic they looked. o0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back