• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the heartless of braig

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
i just thought of something. a heartless' strength is judged by the amount of darkness its somebody had. a nobodies strength is judged by the strength of its somebodies heart,right?well, didnt braig have, i dont know, a COLLOSSAL amount of darkness? im pretty sure before his inevitable comeback, we are gonna be fighting a really annoying, teleportation-based heartless.

if i was wrong on something majorly, please point it out.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Uh, no. The amount of darkness in someone's hearts shows how evil they are, the power Heartless have are not measured by darkness.

digimikej

Awards
huh. i coulda SWORN id be shut down in the 1st post. i usually am. my theory lasted one post more then usual this time! im going to take this as a sign that im getting better at this.lol

digimikej

Awards
to carry on with what sign said, someone who uses the darkness can be good(riku), and someone who uses the light isnt auto a good guy.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Darkness =/= Evil.

Am I wrong? Because it seems that every character with a heart filled with darkness is evil. I know, but he just utilized darkness for good, he never relied on it or used it for evil purposes.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
As much as I would enjoy saying that "this Heartless was Braig's because it has guns that go pew pew" there's really no way to know which heartless belongs to which member of the Organization. Some of them could have been just normal Shadow Heartless for all we know.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Am I wrong? Because it seems that every character with a heart filled with darkness is evil. I know, but he just utilized darkness for good, he never relied on it or used it for evil purposes.

:/ You are very wrong. It has been noted in the series multiple times that Darkness isn't inherently evil; it is those who use its power that make it bad. Of course, we've seen how Darkness can easily corrupt people if they let their hearts waver, but we've also seen how Xehanort openly accepted the Darkness and has pretty much used it for his own means.

Terra was attracted to the Darkness because it was already sitting there in his heart, and because of his innocent desire for power, he was manipulated into being used by those who had better control of the Darkness than he did. Was Terra evil? No. He wanted power to protect his friend, his home, and to prove to his master and father-figure that he was strong.

Riku was manipulated by those who commanded Darkness better than he. He isn't evil and still uses the Darkness, proving you can be good even if you wield the Darkness.

Light is just as corruptible. Master Eraqus was blinded by the Light and believed everything that was Darkness (or unnatural) must be destroyed. Aqua was also blinded by the Light, unable to see past the Darkness that was growing in Terra. Multiple times her trust in Terra wavered because of that, and even when Terra told her that he had been manipulated the entire time by Master Xehanort you could see she was still apprehensive about the path Terra was walking. Of course, she did end up trusting him (even if it was already too late and MX had taken Terra's body), but she was still biased due to her Master's teachings.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Doesn't a Heartless had to be defeated before the Nobody in order for the person to come back?
Well either way, unless we have yet another game taking place in the past, we probably won't ever know what Braigs Heartless was/when it was defeated. That is, assuming Braig will return which he most likely will.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Doesn't a Heartless had to be defeated before the Nobody in order for the person to come back?
Well either way, unless we have yet another game taking place in the past, we probably won't ever know what Braigs Heartless was/when it was defeated. That is, assuming Braig will return which he most likely will.

I don't think the order matters. It has never been stated otherwise, at least.

I also doubt we'll see Braig's Heartless. Or if we do, it will be in BBSv2.

Rohan

I don't think the order matters. It has never been stated otherwise, at least.

I also doubt we'll see Braig's Heartless. Or if we do, it will be in BBSv2.
I think it does, I remember reading somewhere that if the Nobody is defeated first, the body fades into darkness, but when the Heartless is defeated first, the heart goes into a status of 'sleep', and waits for the body.

As a side note, I always liked to think that Fire Lord and Blizzard Lord in KH2 were Lea and Evens heartless

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'm not sure if Braig's heartless will have any relevance. Xehanort's was relevant because 1. it was the main villain's 2. he was a special case even according to the other peers in the organization. So its safe to assume that Braig's heartless was probably a mindless pureblood like the rest of 'em.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
to carry on with what sign said, someone who uses the darkness can be good(riku), and someone who uses the light isnt auto a good guy.

Hmm that reminds me. An Angel Star probably was an exception because it was an emblem Heartless rather than a Pureblood.

432px-AngelStar.png

LucasDraleau

If I remember correctly the amount of Light a person has affects it's Nobody and the amount of Darkness in a person affects the strength of the Heartless, which is why Sora's heartless was just a shadow.

Rohan

If I remember correctly the amount of Light a person has affects it's Nobody and the amount of Darkness in a person affects the strength of the Heartless, which is why Sora's heartless was just a shadow.
I've never heard of the light/nobody bit, but I have heard numerous times about more darkness= stronger heartless

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

The strength of a Nobody is related to the strength of the heart. The strength of a Heartless is related to the amount of darkness in one's heart.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it does, I remember reading somewhere that if the Nobody is defeated first, the body fades into darkness, but when the Heartless is defeated first, the heart goes into a status of 'sleep', and waits for the body.

As a side note, I always liked to think that Fire Lord and Blizzard Lord in KH2 were Lea and Evens heartless

Do you have the interview for that? I mean, I know it is said on KH Wikia, but I'd like the actual confirmation of it. It is the reason why I feel like a specific order hasn't been stated. In canon, we only found about that Heartless destroyed + Nobody destroyed = Somebody in the secret ending of Re:coded.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It came from the Director's Secret Report XIII:

VIII - When the Heartless are defeated, what becomes of the stolen hearts? Also, when members of Organization XIII and other Nobodies are defeated, do they return to their original form?
When Heartless are defeated, essentially the owner's hearts are rejoined with their once extinguished body, whichever world it may be on. As for the whereabouts of hearts in KHII that turn up, this time they remarkably went to the Organization (there is a foot note here that says "In Kingdom Hearts II after Heartless were defeated, the many hearts were absorbed by the Kingdom Hearts of "people's hearts"). However, in the rare case that the body changed into a Nobody, when there is no container for the heart it resorts to a state of suspension.
In the case of a Nobody being defeated, it's a little more complicated. If the above mentioned hearts are liberated, they return to their original form. However, if the heart is still stolen by the Heartless, the Nobody's body is swallowed by darkness. If somewhere in the world their hearts are taken back, perhaps they might be able to return to their original human form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back