• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The idea of OTHER Key-shaped Weapons?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
So...as I continued to make ideas for a story, I thought up an idea of a Keywand, but then I suddenly had this thought. Why does it have to be only KeyBLADES? I guess because Keystaff, Keyshield, or Keybow doesn't have a good ring to it than Keyblade, but think about the idea of different key-shaped weapons that don't require the usage of some transformation? It opens up a whole new level of uniqueness that the Keyblade....kinda lost in the midst.

3f88f6f2-e79c-4cdb-8b8f-84cc6c421c01.jpg
Weapons come in all different shapes and sizes. Some, like in Final Fantasy, depend on a character's class. The way I see it, the only classes we got in Kingdom Hearts are Donald being the Mage, and Goofy being the defender while everyone else just has a Keyblade. But if classified by Keybow, Keystaff or Keyshield, or...whatever they should be called...well just think of the possibilities. I mean...so long as it's able to open locks with a beam of light, right?

Like, Say Sora maintaining the Keyblade, but perhaps Kairi, having a Keybow or a Keystaff. She'd be more built for range and support. Or perhaps Riku having a Keylance (Soul Eater/Way of the Dawn really gives me that Lance vibe)

I feel Keyblade Transformations are on the right path, but...idk. Other Key-shaped weapons opens the door to many possibilities. Thoughts?

okhi12

Awards
I want a keywhip and a keybazooka, Lingering Will is to blame for that.

The different weapon shapes are a big limitation because not everything can be combined with a basic key form and still look good, but keyaxes could be as cool as keyblades. That way we would be allowed to hit with the teeth of the key instead of the blunt side. But it would look more violent and we all know Disney likes restrictions.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've been pondering the idea of a padlock shield as a complimentary item to a keyblade. Like the wielder could insert his keyblade into the padlock's keyhole for a mode change or something.

Back