• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► The Imperfect Ally

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I've been seeing this a lot around the spaces I'm usually apart of. Talks of being an imperfect ally, and how the gravity of that conversation and interpretation (of the same conversation) swings dramatically from circle to circle. Since civil discourse is the crux of most conversations and arguments these days, why not talk about it.

An imperfect ally, the baseline is you consider yourself an ally to an to a marginalized or an oppressed group but also have the foresight to acknowledge that your actions and talking points are not perfect but your intention is to be open and understanding.

So here is the interesting part. Imagine this is how you tend to conduct yourself in a day to day environment and you find yourself in a space of another marginalized group. What you say, matters. What your views are, matters. When the hell did civil discourse dissolve, to the effect you express and convey where you disagree and (now depending on the space you're in) are considered an enemy outright.

Make it make sense. Defend strong emotional sharpness, hubris, and ego to where we can no longer have a conversation about the reasons why or even a soft argument or counter-argument. Maybe I'm from a different time. Maybe yall don't wanna argue because you feel like 'its a waste of time' and well, i'd rather learn more about you in that context then hit a wall of a boring and docile look. If we never see the ugly underside of these conversations, spaces, and circles, we're better off droning for causes we don't believe in without challenging the ugly associated with said causes.

Back