• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The in-world reasoning for flowmotion.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

padlock

Awards
So, I was wondering, is there any reason stated as to why Sora and Riku can suddenly superhero everywhere? I don't recall it ever being discussed by anyone, even though it is definitely not a gameplay only aspect as it appears in cutscenes.

billyzanesucks

It might have something to do with the sleeping worlds. I doubt that it will be lost in the next game, though.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They never addressed it in-game specifically, but so what? Command styles or shotlocks were also never be addressed storywise in-game, they're just abilities we (and the characters) weren't aware beforehand.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Or we can look at it as reality being a lot looser in the sleeping worlds due to their dreaming state, so you can do things you normally wouldn't be able to (this also explains reality shifts).

I would also like to think that it is showing the evolution of Riku and Sora's training into their own unique style. Thinking about it, Aqua has magic, Terra has power, Ven has speed, Micky has agility/aerial skill, and it seems to me Sora (and possibly Riku) are evolving into a very acrobatic style of fighting (especially after KH2)

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Or we can look at it as reality being a lot looser in the sleeping worlds due to their dreaming state, so you can do things you normally wouldn't be able to (this also explains reality shifts).

This quote sums up things quite nicely. Obviously, you can do a lot of things in a dream that you shouldn't be able to do in real life.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
This quote sums up things quite nicely. Obviously, you can do a lot of things in a dream that you shouldn't be able to do in real life.

Yeah, it's like KH meet Inception style, to be exact.. But hey, I ain't complaining about it. :) I'm just glad to see something new to KH series like with the reaction commands, command styles, and now Free Flow motions.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Problem is it removed platforming.

I would say that Kingdom Hearts was never much of a platformer, but the entirety of the first game disproves that statement completely.

Although every other game afterwards has been nothing but flat surfaces and flying around.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would say that Kingdom Hearts was never much of a platformer, but the entirety of the first game disproves that statement completely.

Although every other game afterwards has been nothing but flat surfaces and flying around.

I'm actually glad they took that stuff out. If I want a jumping/platforming game I play Mario or Donkey Kong. The jumping sequences in Oogie Boogie's manor and Monstro in KH 1 (as well as Agrabah in Days) are awful and frustrating.

Square2

Awards
Getting to Merlin's house without glide was irritating at times as well..

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I kind of agree, since most of the puzzles and platforming were always interrupted by a flying heartless knocking you down. You can't attack it, of course, because that'll send you flying forward and down a level of height.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

This is the most likely answer if it's a 3D exclusive feature.

I would also like to think that it is showing the evolution of Riku and Sora's training into their own unique style. Thinking about it, Aqua has magic, Terra has power, Ven has speed, Micky has agility/aerial skill, and it seems to me Sora (and possibly Riku) are evolving into a very acrobatic style of fighting (especially after KH2)

This is also an interesting possibility would also help define each characters own unique fighting style.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
They are in dreams, in dreams you can do whatever you want, so really they could have done more. Heck I was kinda hoping for a Dream Eater combo to have Sora or Riku pilot giant robots.

Roxie1563

Awards
I wonder how Sora and Riku's style will be in KH3..? Maybe some combo between KH2 and D.D.D.? That would be neat!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm actually glad they took that stuff out. If I want a jumping/platforming game I play Mario or Donkey Kong. The jumping sequences in Oogie Boogie's manor and Monstro in KH 1 (as well as Agrabah in Days) are awful and frustrating.
a lot of people loved it. the series has just felt kinda flat without really giving us much reason to go back outside a few glowing crowns, which were nice. ultimately the reason I like the platforming in KH1 is that you really had incentive to learn abilities aside from beating Rikunort in HB.

Getting to Merlin's house without glide was irritating at times as well..

Not for me really. It was a matter of timing and even getting in an occassional swing definitely delayed the fall enough. never had to try more than twice.

Oogie's house was far worse in that regard, but Fire was an amazing thing to use then as the most basic fire spell always homes in on an enemy.

I wonder how Sora and Riku's style will be in KH3..? Maybe some combo between KH2 and D.D.D.? That would be neat!
Quite possibly. I love the acrobatic styles, including the more in-your-face reaction commands of KH2.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
In dream you can go beyond noraml limitation, not that it would stop sora anyway. I wonder of it will hold up in future games or be ignored, like sora's transformation clothes powers?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Why can they fly around bouncing off walls and stuff? Super awesome anime powers, that's why!
Stuff like this, I've learned to just accept. It's just that overtime as they get stronger, they just learn to do stuff like that. It's not important how they do it, just that they can do it. And it's cool to watch.

In this day and age, people expect everything to be realistic and have an explanation despite how insignificant it is. A big part of that, I feel, has to do with the film and game industry trying to be more "gritty" and "realistic." Personally, I hate it when films and games try to be overly realistic. I always found the magic in films and games was to enter a new world outside our own and journey in an impossible adventure. That's gone down the drain in recent years. Perhaps that is many of the reasons why I appreciate Kingdom Hearts now more than ever. Thanks to the "realistic and gritty" standard that has come about, I feel that people nowadays more than ever keep taking cool events and then try to question how it works. In something that tries to be realistic like Nolan's films, I can understand. But when your story is in a universe where magic and stuff can just happen easily, then I don't think there needs to be much of an explanation for it. It's like asking how a magic user can cast fire out of their hands. You're not supposed to question how they do it, you just accept that they can. And goodness, I miss when more films and games were like that...

...I just realized that I created a calm semi-rant based on my perception of the current media realm because of a simple question that was asked........... Gosh, I need some sleep.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Why can they fly around bouncing off walls and stuff? Super awesome anime powers, that's why!
Stuff like this, I've learned to just accept. It's just that overtime as they get stronger, they just learn to do stuff like that. It's not important how they do it, just that they can do it. And it's cool to watch.

In this day and age, people expect everything to be realistic and have an explanation despite how insignificant it is. A big part of that, I feel, has to do with the film and game industry trying to be more "gritty" and "realistic." Personally, I hate it when films and games try to be overly realistic. I always found the magic in films and games was to enter a new world outside our own and journey in an impossible adventure. That's gone down the drain in recent years. Perhaps that is many of the reasons why I appreciate Kingdom Hearts now more than ever. Thanks to the "realistic and gritty" standard that has come about, I feel that people nowadays more than ever keep taking cool events and then try to question how it works. In something that tries to be realistic like Nolan's films, I can understand. But when your story is in a universe where magic and stuff can just happen easily, then I don't think there needs to be much of an explanation for it. It's like asking how a magic user can cast fire out of their hands. You're not supposed to question how they do it, you just accept that they can. And goodness, I miss when more films and games were like that...

...I just realized that I created a calm semi-rant based on my perception of the current media realm because of a simple question that was asked........... Gosh, I need some sleep.

Haha, well yeah, I agree quite somewhat with this "rant" since especially in fantasy realms not everything should be questioned and scrutinized like what.
I remember the "reviving people"-issue being not that much of an issue back in the 90's. Like in Sailor Moon it was just said that the Magical Silver Crystal has the power to revive, but why and how was never elaborated upon but also not asked. It was part of that universe's functioning and accepted without much poking around.

Lol, yeah, the example with the fire is good, as good as wondering why Emperor Palpatine doesn't burn his own fingers when shooting Lightning.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

to be fair, it's still kind of the case with film to just except certain things and be entertained. TV, too. Games are really alone in this regard, and even that's just blockbuster games. games like puppeteer or japanese games dont care so much.

Roxie1563

Awards
a lot of people loved it. the series has just felt kinda flat without really giving us much reason to go back outside a few glowing crowns, which were nice. ultimately the reason I like the platforming in KH1 is that you really had incentive to learn abilities aside from beating Rikunort in HB.

Not for me really. It was a matter of timing and even getting in an occassional swing definitely delayed the fall enough. never had to try more than twice.

Oogie's house was far worse in that regard, but Fire was an amazing thing to use then as the most basic fire spell always homes in on an enemy.

Quite possibly. I love the acrobatic styles, including the more in-your-face reaction commands of KH2.

Yeah, I liked the one with Cerebus, The Guardian of the Underworld battle fight. That was my favorite Reaction Command! I"m looking forward to seeing how Sora and Riku's style will be like. It had better be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back