• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Israeli - Palestenian Conflict Escalation | Israel Point of View

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

daxter fan

Greetings, I am an Israeli soldier. And no I do not deal with Israeli Propaganda on the internet, I am a simple tank driver. I would like to hear your opinions on what should Israel do in the current conflict.

BBC News - Gaza militants fire dozens of mortars into Israel

Palestinians and Israel exchange new round of strikes - CNN.com

BBC News - Jerusalem bus bomb Briton named

In the short time of a week, around 50 Qassam and Grad Missiles were fired against Israel civilian population. Accordingly, the Hamas troops responsible for the attacks aim blindly towards populated cities. Sometimes they hit. Sometimes they miss.
Yesterday, I rode the bus. A small vacation for the weekend. My mom called me and told me that the missiles got as far as my hometown again.
Yes, Again.
2 years ago, a similiar escalation has brought Israeli Prime Minisiter Ehud Olmert to answer the common assualts with a large operation in the Gaza Strip. Operation Cast Lead. People around the world shouted for the Palestenian people, saying Israel murders civillians. Murder?It is true that Civillians were killed, but murdered?
Hamas ways of action: Hide between civillians to decrease casualties. Hamas casualties at least. Is Hamas willing to beat Israel at all costs? even at the cost of the civillians they try to protect? or not?
Let's get back to 2011. It seems that we'll have to go with another operation of the sort if the Hamas won't cease fire.

"An Israeli army spokeswoman said that an Israeli military aircraft fired toward the group after identifying a group of militants who were preparing to launch a rocket into Israel.
In an earlier incident Tuesday, two adults and two children were killed in the Al-Shajaieh neighborhood east of Gaza City when shells from Israeli tanks hit a house there, the sources said.
The children, 11-year-old Mohammed Jihad Al-Hilo and 16-year-old Yasser Ahed Al-Hilo, were playing soccer outside their house when the shells hit, the sources said." -CNN.

Binyamin Netanyahu responded on the incident:
"It's unfortunate that Hamas continues to intentionally rain down dozens of rockets on Israeli civilians using its own civilians as shields," he said. "Israel has no intention of bringing about a deterioration of the situation, but at the same time the IDF will continue to act decisively to protect Israeli citizens."

Hamas responded : "Hamas condemned the killings east of Gaza City. "The massacre in Al-Shajaieh neighborhood is a war crime and the Israeli occupation bears full responsibility," it said in a statement."

The "Massacre" in Al-Shajaieh neighborhood consisted of 4 civillians 2 adults and 2 children . What CNN didn't report is that we also got the terrorists with them. They ran towards their house to hide, asking for refuge. That was not clever, if they try to protect civillians. Hamas holds the full responsibility. Not Israel.

On wednesday, all of you who live in britian probably heard of the Terrorist bombing that occured on a bus station, killing a british woman named Mary Jane Gardner. The Terrorist left a Troll Suitcase armed with 2kg of explosives.
His target was to harm civillians living their normal life. 38 wounded, 1 dead.

I talked with my dutch friend and asked him what does he think that we should do?
He answered with "no bonking idea xD"
I told him that we'll probably go on with another operation asked him if an operation is justified.
He answered " if you kill the terrorists im for it but not innocent citizens"
I told him that the terrorists hide between civillians to prevent most attacks and to get the world's attention to their favor. It is after all a fight between strong and weak.
"filthy people" he replied.

Now you guys come and decide. What should Israel do?

Awards
I think Israel should get over itself, grow up, and stop playing the victim at every chance they find.

daxter fan

I am glad you're one to judge any of the sides ^^ I bet you would say that when your hometown is getting bombed. Israel is not a victim at all as long as you also exclude the palestenians from being victims themselves. They attack, we counterattack and so forth.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I think Israel should get over itself, grow up, and stop playing the victim at every chance they find.

Seriously,he makes it sound as if the Palestinian people are the oppressors.

Awards
I am glad you're one to judge any of the sides ^^ I bet you would say that when your hometown is getting bombed. Israel is not a victim at all as long as you also exclude the palestenians from being victims themselves. They attack, we counterattack and so forth.

It wouldn't be your hometown if not for the racist, imperialist ideologies of the UK in 1922. In just a few decades, the Palestinian people were reduced to a tribe of marginalized, second class citizens in their own country. Menachem Begin, a former Israeli Prime Minister, once called them "animals on two legs". When you force a man into a corner and take away everything he's got, you create an enemy with nothing to lose. That is exactly what Israel has done. I just can't sympathize with such a hypocritical, clueless, spoiled brat of a country. There's no justification for the atrocities committed by either side in this conflict, but I know who the real victims are and who insinuated it.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It wouldn't be your hometown if not for the racist, imperialist ideologies of the UK in 1922. In just a few decades, the Palestinian people were reduced to a tribe of marginalized, second class citizens in their own country. Menachem Begin, a former Israeli Prime Minister, once called them "animals on two legs". When you force a man into a corner and take away everything he's got, you create an enemy with nothing to lose. That is exactly what Israel has done. I just can't sympathize with such a hypocritical, clueless, spoiled brat of a country. There's no justification for the atrocities committed by either side in this conflict, but I know who the real victims are and who insinuated it.

Sam I love you so much right now.

I always get frustrated because people think since I'm Muslim I obviously have to side with Palestian, but this sums up my view.

Things are awful in both places, I know, but the last sentence , again, sums up my view.

daxter fan

Let's have a little history lesson then shall we? At the late 19th century during the ottoman empire there was Palestine. It contained multipile arabic villages. And the city of Jerusalem. Somewhere between 1890-1900 The first organized immigration of jews boarded to the land of Israel as they call it. Now named Palestine. The name Palestine comes from the ancient biblical tribe called Philistines. The arabs that lived in Palestine and the Philistines have nothing in common, aside from the upcoming sturggle with the jews. The first immigration passed, the arabs were still the majority and they did not fear their position over their land. In the next 10 years, 1 more big immigration came to Palestine, BUYING <- land from the arabs, EMPLOY the same arabs and built their own villages. One of the villages that was made was somewhere around the first immigration called Gedera, that's my hometown. It lived near an arabian town, later to be evacuted in 48'. The leader of the arabs in Palestine was the Mufti Mohammad Amin al-Husayni. He saw the upcoming increased population of the jews and ordered a jihad in 1929
1929 Palestine riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After WW1 the ottoman empire was disbanded, leaving it for the brits to initiate another mandate.
What they saw were two nations, living side by side. The arabs were the majority.
the "racist" statment the brits delivered was this:
Foreign Office,

November 2nd, 1917.

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet:

"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country".

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely Arthur James Balfour

-The Balfour statment 1917

for the Menahem Begin statement, please read this:

For this reason the government has gone to extraordinary lengths to dehumanize the Palestinians. Begin described them in a speech in the Knesset as "beasts walking on two legs

However, further investigation by CAMERA reveals that the actual speech upon which Kapeliouk based his quote, as well as news reports at the time demonstrate that the journalist distorted the quote, giving it a completely different tone and meaning. Begin was referring not to "the Palestinians" in a general sense but very specifically, he was referring to terrorists who target children within Israel...Kapeliouk neither recanted nor apologized for his deception...
source: http://begincenterdiary.blogspot.com/2009/05/correcting-misquotation-reputedly-by.html

That said, I will address your last sentence. The palesteniens, had the chance to get their own country. What changed it was that Israel was to recieve a country as well, on the land the jews bought and nurtured for 50 years. So, the palesteniens attacked Israel a day after Ben Gurion announced the establishment of an israeli country. They attacked with Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon. 4 countries + the palesteniens.
it looked like this
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...948_Arab_Israeli_War_-_May_15-June_10.svg.png

The Israelies prevailed, and won the war. conquering rightfully, most of the territories the palesteniens recieved. Most palesteniens evacuted, and were pushed towards Jordan and Lebanon. The Israel of 48' was ours rightfully.
In 67' in the 6 days war, we conquered more, answering the fierce attacks of the enemies. leaving us to the territory we have today. I understand the Palesteniens suffering that their ancestors have brought to them, but using force against us will not solve the problem.

Awards

What a crock of shit. I thought you said you didn't deal with Israeli propaganda on the internet?

Even as late as 1947, the Jews controlled only 7% of Israel. When the United Nations formally divided the country in half, they gave the Jews 55% of the land, and within a year they had seized 75%. All of this taking place because Britain declared a mandate over a land that they had absolutely no moral right to be assigning to anyone. Somehow, you act totally nonchalant about this. You also ignore the preferential treatment given to the Jews by the Britain leading up to the split, the Zionist racism towards the indigenous Arabs, and all of the other completely understandable reasons for the Palestinians to be pissed off.

for the Menahem Begin statement, please read this:

Are you also going to tell me that I took PM Yitzhak Shamir out of context when he threatened to "crush [the Palestinians] like grasshoppers"? Or PM Golda Meir when he said "There is no such thing as a Palestinian"? What about Ariel Sharon's endorsement of an Israeli diplomat's decision to tear up a Swedish museum, is that justifyable? Israel has a deep, profound history of putting insane people who never know when to apologize into positions of power. I'll say this again -- Israel looks like a whining, sniveling brat on the world stage. And I say this to you as an American, to add some perspective.

That said, I will address your last sentence. The palesteniens, had the chance to get their own country. What changed it was that Israel was to recieve a country as well, on the land the jews bought and nurtured for 50 years.

See: first paragraph. The partition was a farce.

So, the palesteniens attacked Israel a day after Ben Gurion announced the establishment of an israeli country. They attacked with Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon. 4 countries + the palesteniens.

I would attack you too if you came into my house and told me you were taking half of it. And based on the fact that you're an Israeli soldier and I'm an American suburbanite, you would probably kick my ass. Unfortunately, now that I've actively opposed you, you now have the perfect excuse to oppress and terminate me, right?

conquering rightfully

Excuse me? 'Conquering rightfully'? That is some old school desert shit you're talking about that has no place in the modern world. If any group of people should be able to understand the errors in persecution a conquering, it should be the Jews, but evidently they don't.

The Israel of 48' was ours rightfully.

No.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Now you guys come and decide. What should Israel do?

Respect international law, for one. Settling on occupied land is illegal. Should probably stop doing that.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Maybe stop influencing American foreign policy to such an extent, and take less military aid too, that would be nice.

★;5498276 said:
video removed due to hate speech

lol wut

Goddard

Palestinians should be allowed to have an independent state form in the entire West Bank and Gaza Strip. Granted, this is unlikely given the Israeli government has looked the other way for the past several decades when it comes to the matter of the illegal Israeli settlements built on Palestinian land. Removing these settlers is all possible but it would be politically suicidal for the party in power to advocate removing Israeli citizens, no matter the circumstances.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Land swaps are necessary. The settlers are already there, it's irreversible and the government knows it.

Onasi

The conservative government of Israel has violated international law and human rights of Palestinian civilians on multiple occasions while putting their own civilian population at risk by giving terrorist organizations not only propaganda used to gain new members but also the motivation to kill innocent people.

The Israeli government has attacked a Turkish flotilla in international waters (A violation of international law and can be seen as a deceleration of war) for crossing a blockade (Which violates international law by being in international waters) to deliver humanitarian aid which is required by more than 90% of Gaza to live.

There are also numerous reports, that have been confirmed by UN fact finding missions, that report the group punishment and killing of civilians ranging from the very young to the very old while patrolling occupied territory in the West Bank. The Israeli government has also kept Palestinians in the West Bank off farming lands. They also use most of the fresh water in the west bank.

The Government has also set up a Wall that Divides the people of the west bank and keeps them from resources necessary for survival. (A violation of international law). Peaceful protests against the West Bank wall, such as the famous Na'vi protests, have been overlooked by the Government.

Peace negotiations between Hamas Chief Meshaal and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu that would establish a Palestinian state on the 1967 borders (Borders existing before a war that Israel started by invading Palestine) have been unsuccessful and all peaceful self determination efforts by Palestine and Hamas leadership has been denied by the Israeli government.

The Israeli government would like you to believe that they are the ones who are the victim in this conflict but in reality the Israel, which is supported by the worlds only super power, is the one occupying land. They violate International Law and Human rights just like the terrorists they fight do. The moral high ground they say they have is a myth.

The Israeli government (As well as organizations like the Anti Defamation League and the Jewish Defense league) meet all criticism of their nations human rights violations by insinuating that the person, nation, ect criticizing them is antisemitic. They are blurring the line between anti Jew and anti Israel/ Anti Zionist. The Israeli government sticks by the claim that because they have historical ties to the land that they deserve every last inch of it.

To anyone with a basic understanding of ethnic groups and world history this is ironic because the people running Israel are Khazar jews, and have no geographical connection to Palestine. They originate in the Caucasus-region which is why Israeli politicians look like Europeans. It also doesn't help that the Jews that do have ties to the region got dominion over the region by conquering the native people there. Archaeology, Anthropology, and even the bible confirm this.

With that said, I am not Anti Israel. I hate the policies they have regarding Palestine, but I see no reason why they shouldn't exist as a nation. That being said, Palestine has every reason to be its own sovereign nation as well. Personally I would like to see the Formation of a Two state system with a shared capital in Jerusalem. There are people on both sides of the conflict that have worked out a system in how this would work as seen in this video:

YouTube - ‪The Shape of the Future‬‏

To see what the West Bank actually looks like see this video:

YouTube - ‪Israel-Palestine: A Land in Fragments‬‏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back