• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The issues with Kingdom Hearts 3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
We should all be aware that this game is not perfect.
I would like it if you guys shared some of personal issues for the game.
For me, it would be how the game still utilizes abilities to help grow a character's stats and such, I just hope for Kingdom Hearts III we can use items to augment stats rather than to depend on abilities.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Oh no, I have leaf bracer permanently instead of having it for 10 seconds by using a preset item! WHAT A CATASTROPHE!! ... wait, what? That's an actual complaint?

Also, and I'm probably just bitching about this since I'm tired and it's late at night, but this thread seems very... general. I think it may have been done before, considering there's so many threads complaining about 3D already.

But, I guess I'll contribute. TIME TRAVEL GOTSTA GOOO

Sally-boiii

Awards
Honestly i liked the idea of abilities and how they were used in DDD. I just didn't like how confusing it was to get them. It made the game more complicated than it needed to be.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
DROP. Please, for the love of my sanity... eradicate the timed drop feature from the HD remake. I don't want to fight a boss, almost win... then drop into the other character, to just drop back into the other character and restart the boss fight.

Pandymint

Awards
Definitely the drop mechanic. It's a neat idea, but either let it last longer or eliminate the timer. It's so annoying to be doing something only to forget about the timer and then you drop out in the middle of the fight.

Alsothe whole dream eaters spiel was cool, but I wasn't that big of a fan. I prefer the ay FFXIII-2 handled leveling up monster allies.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I never really had any problems with 3D; I never have many problems with anything, for that matter...

If I had to pick something, it'd probably be the Abilities. Less the Abilities themselves, and more how they're equipped. I'd like to be able to keep my Abilities once I unlock them on a Dream Eater, rather than having to have that Dream Eater in my Party just to use it. I understand that it's probably to stop players being overpowered or heavily-resistant to everything, but I still find it a little inconvenient.

I actually don't have any qualms with the Drop System; it is a bit annoying when you Drop in the middle of a Boss fight, but I always felt the Drop System was tamed once you had a decent supply of Drop-Me-Nots and Drop-Me-Nevers. Putting a bunch of those in your Command Deck makes it so that you can stay awake for as long as you need, and just Drop in to the other character freely.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There's like 5 different statuses effects that all do the same thing: halt the player's movement. Stop, Freeze, Bind, Stun, Sleep. All basically redundant because they have the same end result. & yet it's nearly impossible to defend against all of them. Pretty much no matter what the party configuration, there'll be at least 1 effect that I won't have a block for.

Combine this with the combo heavy enemies, so many nightmares that can easily chain multiple hits. Fuck the penguins in particular, I never not get stuck in that stupid ice trail no matter how much I try to avoid it.

These 2 issues combine to create a continuous lost of player control. Few things aggravate a gamer more than the feeling of not having control over the game they play & that's a constant experience in DDD.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You all know you can make the Drop Gauge last longer both through Drop Bonuses and using items like Drop-Me-Not and Drop-Me-Never, right?

I've never once had an issue of dropping in a boss battle.

Hovhannes1998

I liked DDD overall, but besides the time travel which was confusing, I just don't like the way the gameplay works. More specifically, the command system. I know BBS also had this kind of combat system, (and so did re:coded I think, can't remember) but I don't prefer this kind of gameplay. I really enjoyed the gameplay in the other KH games (except for Days) because I feel like it was simpler. In its defense, I suppose the command board makes us stronger, but I just feel like it complicates things a bit. As for the ability system, I don't prefer it in this game because of all the different Dream Eater requirement, but I guess it made us develop some skills more than others which can be good or ​ bad.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm fine with the Drop mechanic, but they need to make one change. If you are in the middle of a boss fight, the Drop gauge freezes. That way you keep the Drop mechanic (I liked it, cause it helped break up the play time between Sora and Riku nicely) but you don't have that annoying thing where you get dropped during a boss. Yes, there's Drop-Me-Not's but I'm sure many of us have had that moment where we totally weren't paying attention to the gauge before entering a boss fight and then mid-boss, see the gauge start flashing and just facepalm.

laddyboy12

Wow, you are a liiitttlleeee bit harsh, aren't you?

Nah brah, I just don't like to beat around the bush ya know? I do think DDD was a great game (minus all that time travel crap) but also this comment wasn't supposed to be read 100% seriously. It's hard to convey comedy with just words sometimes.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The gameplay, FlowMotion, and the story. That's just my opinion anyway. I did not enjoy this game. The Dream Eaters were fine, but Donald and Goofy as party members were better. Even though I disliked this game, I must say I had no problem with the Drop system either.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Gameplay, Gameplay, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY.

Hated it, couldn't stand it. DE's were an annoying Pokemon Ame or Tomamdachi simulator that wasn't fun. Flowmotion was basically freakin broken and no kids you can NOT turn flowmotion off. If you take all the abilities off then Sora just flowmotions and you can't control him.
The command deck system returned but even less varied than before which was not only boring due to it's appearance in so many games so far but, in conjunction with the keyblades growing pitiful damage in games, basically made me spam my commands over other tactics....or ya know even having tactics beyond "Balloonga, balloonga, cure, block".

Drop system, while easily enough bypassed, was still a pain in the ass if it caught you in the middle of a boss fight.
Still suffered from the multi scenario of BBS. While not as big it still made things repetitive as I did the same world freakin twice in one playthrough.
Did I mention how pitiful keyblade damage is or how it's gotten worse each handheld title?
Nightmares. Nice concept but I wasn't very fond of the enemy design. Granted some things have always been cartoonish but this was just to damn much. Like Splatoons leaked into the realm of sleep and painted more menacing enemies into what we got.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You all know you can make the Drop Gauge last longer both through Drop Bonuses and using items like Drop-Me-Not and Drop-Me-Never, right?

I've never once had an issue of dropping in a boss battle.

Honestly, I just cared about beating the game and seeing the story unfold. So I just leveled up like crazy and used none of the features in the game because it was way too different and complicated to understand. I never upgraded the dream eaters (I hated them). I expect to do the same for the HD version.

Pandymint

Awards
in conjunction with the keyblades growing pitiful damage in games, basically made me spam my commands over other tactics....or ya know even having tactics beyond "Balloonga, balloonga, cure, block".

Did I mention how pitiful keyblade damage is or how it's gotten worse each handheld title?

Damn, I'm glad you mentioned that. It slipped my mind. Ever since BBS the keyblade has felt like its becoming less and less effective as a weapon to the point you have to rely on abilities to just do damage. I liked the whole command deck and what not but as it goes on, I miss when all the attack and combo abilities could just be added on so you could make some ridiculously long combos, especially with Berserk equipped. I miss KHI and KHII style abilities period. BRING THEM BACK, SQUARE.

Anagram

Banned
Damn, I'm glad you mentioned that. It slipped my mind. Ever since BBS the keyblade has felt like its becoming less and less effective as a weapon to the point you have to rely on abilities to just do damage. I liked the whole command deck and what not but as it goes on, I miss when all the attack and combo abilities could just be added on so you could make some ridiculously long combos, especially with Berserk equipped. I miss KHI and KHII style abilities period. BRING THEM BACK, SQUARE.

I'm honestly amazed no one's mentioned it yet. I miss the old style too by large margins at this point. I find it funny people say the command deck alleviated spamming X or reaction commands when all it did was sacrifice both in favor of spamming triangle for a command spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back