• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keyblade War as an MMORPG

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
You know I got to thinking how the keyblade war was some sort of big partt of bbs. then it hit me, it would make a perfect kingdom hearts based mmorpg, with the option of being a keyblade weilder of dakrness or light, or even a keyblade of peoples hearts(like an arena reward for beating so many keyblade weilders or something). Like have it be both an MMORPG and actually have the story for it, if there is anything else outside of xehanorts theories. Like you customize your avatar, maybe even it's armor or find the armor, choose where the talents and stats lie, which changes the types of keyblade available, an open world, since during this time there were no seperate worlds, and even push out content updates once in a while. Anyone else see what I'm thinking? I mean I can't be the only person who sees this as both something new nomura could do and something that coul actually be fun.

Magnum

Re: The keyblade war as an mmorpg.

You know I got to thinking how the keyblade war was some sort of big partt of bbs. then it hit me, it would make a perfect kingdom hearts based mmorpg, with the option of being a keyblade weilder of dakrness or light, or even a keyblade of peoples hearts(like an arena reward for beating so many keyblade weilders or something). Like have it be both an MMORPG and actually have the story for it, if there is anything else outside of xehanorts theories. Like you customize your avatar, maybe even it's armor or find the armor, choose where the talents and stats lie, which changes the types of keyblade available, an open world, since during this time there were no seperate worlds, and even push out content updates once in a while. Anyone else see what I'm thinking? I mean I can't be the only person who sees this as both something new nomura could do and something that coul actually be fun.

That would be very interesting but too bad it wouldn't happen.

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

I second the no it just wouldn't feel like a "KH" game if they did that. Besides it sounds too similar to World of Warcraft.

Crystal

Silver Member

By the way,what is MMORPG? xD

Magnum

By the way,what is MMORPG? xD

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre in which a very large number of players interact with each other in a virtual game world. Like World of Warcraft, Runescape, and Club Penguin.

Crystal

Silver Member

Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre in which a very large number of players interact with each other in a virtual game world. Like World of Warcraft, Runescape, and Club Penguin.

Oh..but KH can't be something similiar to World of Warcraft. So, i don't think it will happen.

Thanks for explaining Magnum and Chaosmax :3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Yes and No. It might be a cool idea, but anything like crappy and boring games like Final Fantasy XI, XIV, or World of Warcraft are out of the question.

Ronove

I wouldn't put it past Square to do it, but I'd have reservations about playing a guy I know will just die at the end, unmourned and unloved.

KingdomSealer2

As interesting as this sounds, I just can't see it being any good.

Watch in 2014, Nomura announces Kingdom Hearts Online: The Keyblade Wars.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member

well I see it as something that could go both ways. heck I could even see them hosting a create-a keyblade contest to add into the game. But then agai I forget squeenix is well... squeenix.

Zubine

Well didn't Nomura say in an interview way back that he might make "The keyblade wars" a spinoff from kingdom hearts?(A spinoff since KH is Sora's story and he doesn't exist at that time.) Or maybe I'm screwed up lol.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

This has been discussed time and time again...and the answer is no...There really is no need for a Keyblade War Game, it's a legend even to MX and Eraqus. The Keyblade Wars happened when all the Realms were one. (Nobody get any Epic Mickey ideas)

It has also been stated that there will be no games with a time period before KH:BBS.
Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story, so all games will have him implemented within them.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

I would very much like to see this and have thought about posting my own thread, as long as it uses BbS's battle system, is on the ps3, and the story doesn't suck....I'm good. But it doesn't seem likely, and Square would screw it up terribly. So, if they can get it right, then yes. I want something casual we could use to just pass time between games, instead of all these side games.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

I would very much like to see this and have thought about posting my own thread, as long as it uses BbS's battle system, is on the ps3, and the story doesn't suck....I'm good. But it doesn't seem likely, and Square would screw it up terribly. So, if they can get it right, then yes. I want something casual we could use to just pass time between games, instead of all these side games.

So far, Days is the only considerable side game. I'm not so sure about CODED though, I haven't played it.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

So far, Days is the only considerable side game. I'm not so sure about CODED though, I haven't played it.

A lot of people complain about Days, Coded, the fact they're making 3D, and BbSV2 instead of KH3 is really aggrevating some of us. I heard some, though few people, actually resented BbS, too. So, instead of a Keyblade Wars MMORPG, how about one that's non-canon, and they can update it with episodes where you unlock the info normally in side games, through finishing quests? Sounds good to me? But as I mentioned before it's unlikely

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

A lot of people complain about Days, Coded, the fact they're making 3D, and BbSV2 instead of KH3 is really aggrevating some of us. I heard some, though few people, actually resented BbS, too. So, instead of a Keyblade Wars MMORPG, how about one that's non-canon, and they can update it with episodes where you unlock the info normally in side games, through finishing quests? Sounds good to me? But as I mentioned before it's unlikely

3D is like CoM, without CoM you wouldn't understand KH2 alot.
Without 3D you wouldn't understand KH3 alot either.

As CoM set up for KH2, 3D sets up for KH3.

Xorne

Somehow I could see a KH MMO being even more aggravating than WoW. Trying to find a group to quest/raid with would probably be awful. I think KH's way better off sticking it out on consoles. IMHO, MMOs don't really offer a ton in terms of story. It's there, sure, and you have your own avatar, sure... But I'm a fan of having established characters in series I follow. And if people complained about 358/2 Days (which I personally liked)... I could only IMAGINE how much fans would complain about a KH MMO. :p

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

3D is like CoM, without CoM you wouldn't understand KH2 alot.
Without 3D you wouldn't understand KH3 alot either.

As CoM set up for KH2, 3D sets up for KH3.

They wouldn't need to set up an entire game if they had you go on a quest to watch the cutscenes that would be in 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back